IGNORED

Mugged!

Dave L

Just got back.

I cannot believe we lost that match. After a fairly even first half we dominated the second. Wednesday were low on confidence and there for the taking. Couldn't see anything wrong with Millers' goal, Tommy and Lee P both unlucky, somoene hit the bar ... Wednesday had one effort on target in the whole match .. their goal.

All in all, another excellent team performance I thought, with few clear cut chances for either side. Aaron was superb today, closely followed by Tommy, and the defence never gave them a sniff. Apart from in the 93rd minute.

Bo**ocks!!!!

Going to have a drink now.

• Admin

Well Dave, you know we all blame you for this defeat. That was your 1st away game in how long? You're definately a jinx. I hope you won't be going away again!!

:cool:

Only joking, thanks for the short review. For those of us who couldn't make it, it was excruciating listening on the radio.

Just got back.

All in all, another excellent team performance I thought, with few clear cut chances for either side. Aaron was superb today, closely followed by Tommy, and the defence never gave them a sniff. Apart from in the 93rd minute.

Bo**ocks!!!!

Not so sure about Aaron Brown.I thought he was awol for long periods and just didn't seem motivated again.One or two flashes of skill but not enough imho.

Still its all about opinons... :cool:

Just back too - and drink in hand already!

Seriously though, can't see what was wrong with Miller's goal, thought he was our man of the match.

They were not quite as bad as some of their fans were making out, but they were certainly not good.

Draw would probably have been a fair result, they did miss a couple of sitters.

Still, had to end sometime :cool:

Guest Filton Red

Just back as well, anyone notice how Arron moved from left wing to centre midfield in the second half, leavin poor Craig Woodman by him self out on the left? I know Tinnion was helpin, but he wasn't playin as a winger... :cool:

Ah well, we were robbed but, should have been a draw, Kevin Pressman was excellent in goal for Wednesday.

Aaron is our perrenial Mr.Inconsistent. We've seen him have the games which show him to be a quality player (Brentford I think a few weeks back) and then he plays with no effort whatsoever during large chunks of the play. (today)

A few things he needs to work on imo:

1. Headers (obviously not a key area for a left midfielder, but with his height he should be better than he is)

2. Run at players! You have the pace and power mon, now have the belief

3. Defensively his tackling is quite poor at times, and he needs to get his foot in a little more often.

He will become a good player, he just needs to be consistent

I too thought Brown went awol for long periods. Mabye i'm just being harsh, but i don't think we were mugged, i think we lost a game where we deserved a point at best. We created one clear cut chance, and put it away. But apart form that we created nothing, Doherty hit a great shot, and peacock has 2 good efforts, but none of those were clear cut chances. Wenesday made 3 clear chances, the first 2 should have served as a warning, they were not going to miss another, but our defence gift wrapped them another chance and they punished us, and rightly so in my oppinion.

Guest cider gliders
Just got back.

I cannot believe we lost that match. After a fairly even first half we dominated the second. Wednesday were low on confidence and there for the taking. Couldn't see anything wrong with Millers' goal, Tommy and Lee P both unlucky, somoene hit the bar ... Wednesday had one effort on target in the whole match .. their goal.

Bo**ocks!!!!

We couldn`t put it any better Dave! What else can we say?

For once we be ruddy speechless!

Just got back.

Bo**ocks!!!!

You did go to Sheffield? Right?

Which game were you at?

"and the defence never gave them a sniff" - did you not see the hoof over the bar from the edge of the six yard box? Or the free header in the 91st minute that was easier to score than miss?

"Aaron was superb today" - you clearly didn't go to the same match. He had some good runs but his crossing was abysmal (especially from dead ball situations). His whole contribution was poor.

Archived