IGNORED

City V Wednesday

Bristol Boy

Great day out and a lot more than the 3,500 continuously touted by the Official Website.

This is an example of what most Saturdays will be like next season if we go up.

Our first six games could be:

Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland,Wolves,Sheff Utd & Stoke.

Onto the game:

We've played worse in this run and won and it had to come to an end some time.

The next three games should give an indication of our season to come and they're all very winnable-Wycombe, Stockport & Rushden won't be easy, but we're due a big win or two and 9 out of 9 will see us well clear of 3rd spot.

The ref was poor but, in fairness, he was poor to Wednesday as well.

I thought, based on our second half performance alone, we were just about worth a win, although Wednesday created three clear cut chances and we didn't.

It's a long time since a side kept a clean sheet against us and we need to get back on the bandwagon on Tuesday night.

Our lack of a regular scorer needs addressing as LP & LM aren't prolific.

Ratings

Phillips:6/10 Old problem with crosses again and didn't command the area well enough.

Carey: 7/10 Seemed our best defensive header from set pieces, particularly in the second half from one or two corners.

Coles:6/10 Settled down well after a nervy start and his distribution improved a bit.

Butler:6/10 I always say he never does enough in either area.Generally defended well.

Hill:7/10 Looked our best and most composed defender before getting injured.

Wilkshire: 6/10 I wouldn't have subbed him for the Welshman as he looked to be moving back to his old self.People who want him dropped for Goodfellow, particularly away, don't see City away.

Tinnion:7/10 Few misplaced passes and over playing, but better than of late.

Doherty:8/10 Another good game and looks to be getting back to his best.Cracking shot deserved a goal and I still don't know how Pressman saved it.

Brown: 7/10 More involved but the final ball was lacking.

Peacock: 6/10 Goals have dried up but the work ethic is still there.We lack a 25-30 goal a season man like Goater, Akinbiyi or Taylor.I hope it doesn't cost us.

Miller 6/10 More involved and stayed on for 90 minutes.I thought his goal was good.

Roberts 5/10 WhEn this bloke stops worrying about his hair or the colour of his boots, he'll be a far better player.Missed our best chance trying to be clever instead of just smashing it in the net.

Woodman 6/10 Not the defender the Hill is and that let us down.Joined in well going forward and produced one or two good crosses.

All in All, A disappointment, but that's all and it'll all be forgotten if we win the next three :D

Archived