IGNORED

Too Much Respect Yesterday.

screech

Sorry to go against the grain of all the positive talk on here but yesterday should have produced win no.12.

Instead of taking the game to a very weakened Wednesday side i felt the management and players treated it as a nice day out, I'm not directing any fault at any player for the goal at the end, it was one of those set-pieces we haven't been able to deal with all season, I thought too much was made of the trip to Wednesday before they had got there, City were more than capable of going to a mid table out of sorts team and winning comfortably but held back.

Some great approach play from Brown and Docs who both had great games was only let down by the lack of numbers in the box. Wilkshire has proved before this great run that he isn't effective on the right, the defence looked comfortable most of the time, Miller was my MOM and Peacock had a good game also.

We have won games on this long unbeated run which we shouldn't have and it was always going to end somewhere, but yesterday in my opinion should have been a 3 point banker, i felt the occasion got to them on the day.

Agree with most of that! All the pre match hype was about where we we playing size of crowd etc. instead of who we were playing.

Not sure about the goal though! yeas we have been conceding poorly from set pieces all seson - but is that an excuse for it to continue? Someone should have taken responsibility, not least Steve Phillips who rarely shows any command in those situations.

Guest cidergeorge

You can't really blame Phillips though yesteday. He only needed to go near the ball (in open play) about 3 times and one of those flukely hit the back of the net for the rest of the time he was stood around in the cold. We've been doing that to other teams all season. Thought Doc was blinding yesterday, Wilkshire needs to be put back into the centre where he can score goals, and Roberts and Goodfellow should be right wing. Your right though about the fact that we gave them far too much respect, backing of from challenges and closing them down etc.

It may well be because Wilson likes Wednesday so much it affected the team... however I saw this as a game City would lose.. too many factors against them winning.

I think it better city wobble now than against their rivals in April.

Archived