IGNORED

Are We Worrying 2 Much?

Guest RedwardsV1

Guest RedwardsV1

We have lost a game and lost our Winning Streak, but we are second in the league 5 points ahead of QPR (Though they have a goal in hand) and 2 points behind Plymouth Arglye, A Few weeks back we were no where near catching them 2 up and we did, I think we just have 2 w8 4 one of the teams 2 slip up even more

Thats what I'm thinking too, there was a point when most of us were hoping we could get into a play off position....

the winning streak seems to have made us think we deserve the title beyond all arguments...

I'll be happy if we get promoted and I'll be over the moon if we win the league

agreed.

we don't beat almost half the division (admittedly Brentford twice) in successive games, then become a team with no hope just because of an unfortunate loss at Sheff W.

2 home games and a visit to the 2nd bottom team should ensure we are back on track again!

The whole thing is that we had a lot of unreasonably over optimistic people spouting unrealistic tripe about going up because we had a winning streak. I tried yesterday and friday to warn people that it wasn't a formality against Wednesday.

There is no divine right a team on top of the table to win matches (Plymouth have found this out also). Similarly a team down at the bottom, I give you as an example WYCOMBE (take heed everyone), doesn't necessarily lose every game. City have to roll their sleeves up and s#### now for every point.

I will not say City are going on a long non-winning run now but you cannot disregard the possibility. Only by sheer hard graft and determination will City win on Tuesday. If they turn up with the attitude some forum people here have, in that we will turn up and win easily, then Wycombe will get the three points.

I want a reality check by people.

Guest bemmyred

Tuesdays performance will say alot about the run in to the end of the season, Citys luck ran out yesteday, any realistic fan will know that we havent been dominant in the majority of games lately, against to be honest mainly mediocre sides.

We couldnt go on relying on last minute goals forever, we have to start taking a more positive approach from now on , take the game to these sides and have the game won early.

We have the squad to do this , its up to Wilson to utilize the players to the best of their ability, namely letting Goodfellow loose on the left for a couple of games to see his so called qualities that have yet to be realized sufficiently.

Tinnion needs a break so revert Wilkshire to the middle with Roberts on the right to at least give the team a more balanced look.

i am not worrying yet, because the winning steak had to end some time, and could be a good thing that it has ended. Now we just have to pick up the pieces on tuesday. But in the back of my mind, i am thinking, please not again, i think you all know what i mean! Please don't let it happen again, it has happened to many times in the last few seasons.

Guest southhamsgreen
There is no divine right a team on top of the table to win matches (Plymouth have found this out also). Similarly a team down at the bottom, I give you as an example WYCOMBE (take heed everyone), doesn't necessarily lose every game. City have to roll their sleeves up and s#### now for every point

Argyle too have their fair share of supporters who think that automatic promotion is in the bag..............well it aint!

This divisions top two automatic promotion places are going right to the wire.

I even think one of the present playoff teams could put together a run (like you did) and make some ground up on the top two.

:D

We have lost a game and lost our Winning Streak, but we are second in the league 5 points ahead of QPR (Though they have a goal in hand) and 2 points behind Plymouth Arglye, A Few weeks back we were no where near catching them 2 up and we did, I think we just have 2 w8 4 one of the teams 2 slip up even more
must admit that we should have murdered sheffield wednesday

yesterday as they had a patched up side and i couldn't help but

think that if they had their full squad to pick from they could well

have murdered us, saying that their keeper saved them a few times

and to let a goal in right at the death you just can't come back from it

but why was lita and goodfellow not given a run out i'll never know? :D ..

but its time to pick ourself up, dust ourselfs down and come back

and thump wycombe on tuesday and hope sheffield wednesday can

do to plymouth as they did to us and put us back to the top of the league..

Guest cider gliders

As the Plymouth fan said, it aint over yet! There`s

still a lot of football to be played and we will ole

drop points before the season is over!

It hurts, but forget the defeat at Sheffield an push

on to Division One! We still think it will be us an

Plymouth, but we aint puttin` any money on it!

We`ll only start to panic if we don`t beat Wycombe!

Now is the time to see how good we are. Last season we went 19 or so games without defeat, but once we'd lost it was another 2 months before our next win. A team with promotion ambitions must have the mental strength to go on and win the next game after defeat !

Archived