IGNORED

More Fans = Less Noise

Guest malaggro

Guest malaggro

Impressed with the turnout yesterday, that can't be faulted.

However, sat in upper tier of the stand, virtually in the middle I found the apathy shown my the majority of fans dissapointing.

Our group of submariners (Cr@p blue bus, yes that was us) made a real effort to get the atmosphere going and keeping it going. Countless times we were faced with huge chunks of the supporters sat on their @rses and not making any noise.

This was not the case at say, Notts C, 1500-2000 there and an absolutely cracking atmosphere.

There seems to be a tendancy with our bigger followings (LDV Final, prime example), to sit back and not actually support the team.

When everyone did sing yesterday the noise was huge, but sadly, this was interspersed with large periods of quite from a mainly impassive support.

Gutted with the result. Deserved at least a point. Tommy Doc had a superb game and sadly so did the Flying Pig Pressman.

Nice to visit Hillsborough again. Lovely looking ground with a traditional feel, no modern B&Q ground this.

Sorry if our cack vehicle slowed you down, it slowed us down. Not back home 'till 1.00 in morning!!!

Come on GET BEHIND THE LADS. :D

Tip toe through the Netto with your Baked Beans and ye Fairy Liquid, tip toe through the Netto with me.

Regards.

normally more fans=less noise cos a good number don't travel away very often so can't get quite as involved as those of us who travel most weeks.

a £1 for the number of times i heard "havnt seen for you for ages mate" would have paid for my day! 3 ladz sat behind me were at their 1st away game since bournemouth.

Not meant to be a criticism to any one who went it was a fabulous turn out and a credit to the division!

But I have to agree the atmosphere created with 1700 at Notts Co was for some reason better!

The reason is all the people who want to sing are separated by people who couldn't care. I was at my second away game of the season (I also went to Notts County), but I sang all the way through. Did Sheffield Wednesday have two drums or just one very big one. It definately made a lot more noise than our one. We need to get one of them for the East end.

Guest Topbuzz

Totally agree with this i was right at the top of the upper and apart from 4 of us it was pathetic up there ...###### me off almost as much as the result

Guest BridgyRed

It doesnt help that eveyone had to sit in their seats so all the usual people who go away got dispersed among the twice a season lot,

1000 regular away fans make a lot more noise than 3000 who normally sit at home on sat away games mixed up with the hardcore fans.

Have to agree old boy, at 0-0 during the second half with every chance of gettin to 12 straight wins the vocal support was pathetic. We expect total comitment from the players, moan like crazy if we dont get it. We shouldnt get upset if the players came out now and critisized that weak effort yesterday.

Lets hope everyone makes up for it with a cracking atmosphere against wycombe on tuesday, as we start another winning run.

COME ON YOU REEEEEEEDS!

"Tip-toe through the Netto...... quality!"

Couldn't agreee more, i stood/sat in the top Teir on the very last row (three spaces from TomF's right) I sang my best the whole match but no one wanted to know most of the time. It didn't help with the seating allocations. Comparing it too say Notts County which i went to we were allowed to stand wherever and the atmosphere was much greater because of it. Great turnout though!

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

I was sat in the bottom right hand corner (upper tier) had a great view but me, me mate and 3 others were the only people to join in with songs apart from 'com on u reds' 'top of the league' etc! Very disapointed!

RESERVED SEATING. THIS IS THE MAJOR ISSUE!

We did our best to get people to sit wherever and got a small group of usual faces behind goal at back, but some people INSIST on sitting in their allocated seats. So we had singers scattered and misreable gits who don't make a noise all game.

Yesterday there wasn't many great songs- but when they DID catch on it was amazingly loud- especially Hi Ho Bristol City!!!!!

But what REALLY gets me, is the people (and I would say about 90%) who don't sing unless unless one of a few things happen- we score, get a corner or to abuse the opposition/Rovers.

I have nothing against banter and slagging off the gas (as long as it's not ALL the time) but why is it everyone joins in for that but won't sing about CITY!!!!???!! :D:D:clap: Those of you who do that- ask why yourself- why are you there- to support City or to have a go at locals?

Guest EastEnder

Good last point by Percy Parrot

That definitely sems to be the key - unreserved seating.

At Notts, five of the sub crew started at the back with the sounds of the seventies and fair play to some of the younger element they tried to join in without knowing (or being expected to) all the words, but at half time about a dozen other lads from the same era joined us to have a big old knees up - with old and new songs.

The same thing happens in the East End - so like minded peolple gather to have a sing song and a good laught to go with it.

Sheepfield saw the opposite so only a few occaisions did we belt them out.

The other thing I will add though is that it didn't stop at the game. We were at it on the way up and all the way back on the worst bus in the world (and we thought the yellow sub was bad!)

Nothing wrong with having a go at the sags though!

Keep it up for Why-Come, as Tins has already stated it makes a hell of a difference.

...with axes an' 'ammers

Carving knives and spanners

We'll show thos rovers b@stards haow to fight

You'll never take the east end with the City in it

Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight

All together now

My old man said be a rovers fan.........

I only listened on the radio but I was well impressed by the noise you were all making. The commentators stopped several times to listen to the atmosphere and made lots of comments on how good it was. I'm a bit surprized to come on here and read these threads!

Guest Red_Rat

U cant expect everyone to sing,i myself enjoy it but there are plenty of others who just like watching the game.

I was sat near plenty of OAPs,who have come to watch a good game of football and support their team,nothing wrong with that.

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

At times yesterday we were quality, expecially the few times we sangs.

"were by far the greates team the world has ever seen"

Very, very loud at times shame it wasn't that loud all the way through.

The atmosphere WAS good in the first half and right at the begining of the second but then it died, just when the players needed it the most!

The way hi ho BRISTOL CITY was belted out when the tannoy played it at the end proved how good it could have been,but by then it was too late.

Lets face it those who hardly sang would have been the loudest with the pathetic "you're not singing anymore" if Millers goal had counted.

We have all got a big part to play between now and the end of the season so lets make it count1

"WE LOVE YOU CITY WE DO

WE LOVE YOU CITY WE DO

WE LOVE YOU CITY WE DO

OH CITY WE LOVE YOU"

Archived