IGNORED

Stuck On The Tram!

Guest BridgyRed

Guest BridgyRed

Was anyone else on the tram that left straight after the game? We were rammed in there and the police wouldnt let anyone off. The Police marched by the side for about the first mile as tempers rose inside. They evenyually let a bloke with kids off but after that the tram didnt stop until the town centre even though there were wednesday fans on it who just wanted to go one stop. There could have been a lot of unthinkable problems on another day

Yes mate i too was stuck on this tram, we drove, and did not want to go to the train station either. I must confess it was also funny at times aboard the "sardine can" the banter about northern boys and gravy etc and the wednesday fan confessing to of only paid for one stop so could the police throw him off(which fell on deaf ears) took the edge of a potentially nasty situation. But the funniest of all was the fan who was "marching the police" Left right left right, come on keep up, halt etc. Made i laugh it did!! :D

i also caught the tram back, bout the 4th i think, i was sat on the tram, while my friend was stood outside, having a fag(yuk!) i think, then all of a sudden the doors shut and they started the engine, i asked them to open the doors to let him on, and they said they couldnt! we were there for a good 30 secs, before we drove off, but the idiot, just wouldn't open the doors, my friend finally got to the train station at bout 6.20, so we still managed to catch our train, but if the idiot had opened the tram door, we would of been home about an hour an a half earlier! summed up a good day really!

Guest BridgyRed

I agree there was some quite good banter, esp aimed at the police running alongside and that Sheff Wed fan who wanted to get off saying he had to go to work! If it had got unfriendly inside I'm not sure what the police would have done then. Its obviously not the usual policy to not let anyone off until the City Centre as all the Wednesday fans who wanted to get off after a few stops wouldnt have been on there

i got the second one that didnt stop until the train station, it was so cramped and hot, felt  like i was going to faint at one point  :D
same here, hot and also felt faint. I had done the weekend in Sheffield and we only wanted to go half way. We got on the tram labelled "special" NOT "station" and once on, they shut the doors THEN told us it was non-stop to the station. And cos of a few problems it took AAAGGGEEESSSSSS!

same here, hot and also felt faint. I had done the weekend in Sheffield and we only wanted to go half way. We got on the tram labelled "special" NOT "station" and once on, they shut the doors THEN told us it was non-stop to the station. And cos of a few problems it took AAAGGGEEESSSSSS!
Pete,

I saw you looking a bit tiresome at Sheff train station after the match!

I got back a lot quicker on a bus which was parked about 50 yards down from the trams. I was very lucky, there was hardly a que for it, yet there were hundreds waiting for the trams.

Managed to jump the tram on the way to the game as well, so I did alright transport wise!

thats the one i got "Special", kept stoping every couple of minutes for long periods , also for most of the way i didnt have anything to hold on to, found it difficult to stay on my feet :D

Archived