IGNORED

We Need A Finnisher

Cider red

I think we should try and get somone like gary mcsheffery on loan to push for automatic promotion , we have a lot of strikers , but none of them are "in the right place at the right time" types of strikers , we have two pacy strikers in lita and roberts , and two big strikers in miller and peacock , and peacock doesnt consider himself to be a big striker , but he's certainly not the kind of striker like thorpe , cureton or robins. If we had a goalscorer yesterday playing along side miller i'm sure we would have won , but weve got no one like that and it cost us.

Got any ideas of who we could get?

Guest wishbone

No criticism of Christian Roberts intended, but he's just not fitting in.

I think also that Lita should be given a run of starts to get us scoring early & not allowing opposition to settle.

is Lee Trundle for sale??

Guest comeonyoureds

id like to get david graham at torquay, lee trundle is skillful he isnt very pacey so wouldnt solve the pace problem! unfortunately both would cost more than city probably have to spend and its very unlikely either would come on loan!

No criticism of Christian Roberts intended, but he's just not fitting in.

I think also that Lita should be given a run of starts to get us scoring early & not allowing opposition to settle.

is Lee Trundle for sale??

I agree with giving Lita a run of starts. He offers something different, he's quick, skilful and actually scores goals. Whats the problem here? Peacock and Miller are OK, but too similar in the fact that they are ball wining strikers who get the flick ons etc, but we have no pace up front to compliment this. I cant believe that Leroy wasnt used yesterday, I would have introduced him with about 25 minutes to go, as Miller was having one of his less impressive games, and the Wednesday defence was big and slow. The other problem which is eating away at me, is that I fear Leroy will become disillusioned with his lot at City and at the first opportunity will get out, as did Rosenior, although I never actually rated him at all.

I know we are second in the table, but we are there because our defence is the best in the League, not because of our goalscoring, and we neeed to address this NOW. Leroy is the answer and I have a feeling that he could go on to be a very very good player, but we need to start believing in the lad soon.

danny cadamarteri on loan for the rest of the season, he hasn't played much for bradford this season, and would jump at the chance of 1st team football, also branch is quite a good striker, but then again, if leeds don't sort them selves out, we could get alan smith, or mark viduka!!!

Guest wishbone

no, not Mark Viduka - he's a right thug!

too much of a bad influence on our Tommy!!

You're right about pickings from teams in trouble, though.

:D

Guest wishbone

Totally agree with u Redsince70 - can't use the quote facility, but if I could. I'd highlight the whole of your post.

give Lerooooooooy a start. :clap::P:D:D:D

Guest Bootylicious

Many on here have been saying that we've needed a natural goal-scorer all season... and we have yet to get one on board.

Could just be the difference between going up or staying in this poxy division.

Guest comeonyoureds

only problem with trying to get someone in at this crucial stage of the season is that clubs arnt going to be prepared to let the kind of proven goal scorer we need leave their club, especially on loan, and city dont have the money to spend. unless of course they are in administration which leaves only a few options. instead if anyone did come in it would probably be a youngster on loan who would be unproven and may turn out to be no better than what we have already e.g craig fagan!

i think city should make the most of what they have available, yes give lita a chance, if not a start at least 45 mins!

or instead of looking for a striker city could try and play to their strengths and use peacock's and miller's ability in the air to our advantage, i.e sort the crossing out! I'm certain that with better delivery into the box and more pace down the right both lee's will have no problem banging in enough goals.

on tuesday id like to see lita come on at half time depending on how the first half has gone, and to start with goodfellow either on the right or on the left in place of brown!

up the city!!! :D

Let me get this straight- we've won 11 of the last 12 games are 2nd in the League 5 points clear of 3rd with Wycombe and Stockport our next two games and you guys think that the existing squad isn't good enough, simply because we had one game in which by all accounts a perfectly good goal was ruled out, we dominated and with a little luck would have won- give it a break. The current squad has domonstarted it is more than capable, we don't need any more strikers the lads we have will do the job.

Let's be a little more positive it's been a great run and propmtion is not far off!!!!!!!!1 :D

Let me get this straight- we've won 11 of the last 12 games are 2nd in the League 5 points clear of 3rd with Wycombe and Stockport our next two games and you guys think that the existing squad isn't good enough, simply because we had one game in which by all accounts a perfectly good goal was ruled out, we dominated and with a little luck would have won- give it a break. The current squad has domonstarted it is more than capable, we don't need any more strikers the lads we have will do the job.

Let's be a little more positive it's been a great run and propmtion is not far off!!!!!!!!1 :D

Megan's Dad, nobody here is actually criticising, rather just offering constructive critisism. Its patently obvious to anybody watching City recently that, although we are winning games regularly, there is something missing and not quite right. That something is up front. Pure and simple. It just isnt working with Peacock and Miller, who are both decent footballers, but just too similar to each other. We need an alternative because all the creative build up play by the midfield just fizzles out when we reach the final third. Before you start saying that it doesnt matter because we have won 11 of the last 12, it does matter to me, because I want this City team to be as good as it can possibly be. I've said before that we are up there because of our defence, and that needs addressing.

Why not Robbo & Miller, with Leroy waiting for the first duff performance?

Leapy doesnt get any pressure for his slot. Miller is almost always off around 70 mins, for Leroy. Robbo aint even in the picture.

If Leroy AND Robbo dont get regular football, they'll be off, AND both WILL come back to haunt us, because both WILL play at a higher level.

Guest comeonyoureds

Paul Heffernan has rejected the offer of a new contract at notts county! he's 22 and banged in 4 goals in 1 game the other week! this season he's got 15 goals in the league from 20 starts!!! and apparently is a cool finisher with a lot of pace! he's worth a look, might be able to get him cheap as his contract is nearly up!

Guest GASBUSTER

we dont need a another striker whats wrong with what we got,give them a chance .

maybe start with lita miller partnership

We should start with Miller-Lita and build a partnership for the future and NOT renew Lee Peacocks contract!
Riazzi,

Steady son, they'll ban you for talking sense here, everyone knows Peacock is a superstar??? :rolleyes::D;):D

Archived