IGNORED

Csf

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

After the talk of hooligans on this form recently i decided to find out some info on the 'CSF'. The 'City Service Firm' is basically a group of about 200-300 guys who are intent on fighting at football games. Don't know why. I thought they were quite small but are actully quite big, The 'soul crew' even give them credit.

I also found out the amount of hooliganism that goes on at like every footy match. But we never hear about it which in most ways is a good thing. I didn't realise the amount of violence at Cardiff last season home and away and how it is organised. The 'top boys' even contact each other to meet at a place to fight! SICK!

Enough said, great day out at Sheffield Yesterday even though i took a wrong turning yesterday and ended up 40miles off corse near Northampton! Oww well!

After the talk of hooligans on this form recently i decided to find out some info on the 'CSF'. The 'City Service Firm' is basically a group of about 200-300 guys who are intent on fighting at football games. Don't know why. I thought they were quite small but are actully quite big, The 'soul crew' even give them credit.

I also found out the amount of hooliganism that goes on at like every footy match. But we never hear about it which in most ways is a good thing. I didn't realise the amount of violence at Cardiff last season home and away and how it is organised. The 'top boys' even contact each other to meet at a place to fight! SICK!

Shock,horror probe!!!

Guest Eddie Hitler

I thought it was a fair comment Mrs L, I'm well aware that you are "in the know" but there does seem to be a conspiracy of silence about the firms these days so that younger forum users may not be aware of the CSF's existence.

Have you been able to get back on Rivals? I've not seem your name there for a while. I can't log-in since CR took over.

I thought it was a fair comment Mrs L, I'm well aware that you are "in the know" but there does seem to be a conspiracy of silence about the firms these days so that younger forum users may not be aware of the CSF's existence.

Have you been able to get back on Rivals?  I've not seem your name there for a while.  I can't log-in since CR took over.

Fair point, as for ITK (with all it's conotations) at my age it's more "In the KNEW"

re. Rivals ,I've had so much trouble with me pc (umpteen reconfigs etc) that I can't log on for love nor money!

I have banned both Mrs L and Mr H!!!

Actually, have informed the powers that be, a number seem to be experiencing problems logging in! I find it very exasperating considering the work that a number of long term regulars are putting in to the Independent City Supporters site.

Will let you both know of the response.

Ian

PS Would love to have both of your wit and wisdom taking part in the repartee once more.

Guest Topbuzz

I think we should drop this thread we all have our own feelings bout the CSF but I'm sure many are paasionate fans inside the ground who really love the club as much as the rest of us

these days so that younger forum users may not be aware of the CSF's existence.

I am probably one of the youngest forum users on here and i am well aware of the CSF. I am very interested in Football Hooligans and read a lot about what has happened and why etc. They are the only books i read. Football Holliganism still goes on today and at high profile matches you will find trouble it just usually takes place futher from the ground as the police have it all sussed now.

I am probably one of the youngest forum users on here and i am well aware of the CSF. I am very interested in Football Hooligans and read a lot about what has happened and why etc. They are the only books i read. Football Holliganism still goes on today and at high profile matches you will find trouble it just usually takes place futher from the ground as the police have it all sussed now.
I don't have a problem with that.

Just drop the Football part of the statement.... insert Plain Hooligan, thugs or such like and we'd be half way there.

I distance myself and the club I support from these thugs.......

If they want it then they can have it but it's nothing to do with Bristol City FC and I believe any true supporter will get my point.

Thugs out! comprendo?

Guest Eddie Hitler

"PS Would love to have both of your wit and wisdom taking part in the repartee once more.

The cheque's in the post"

Ditto. How could I resist such flattery?

Ten minutes mucking around with my cookie settings and I finally managed to post.

I now have both forums back - great!

Guest Eddie Hitler

what oi finks is:

The problem is that not only is there a Rivals cookie but there is alos a third party cookie (adviva) which is causing the problem. I didn't want to drop my security to allow acceptance of all advertsing cookies so I went into Advanced privacy settings and for www.bristolcitynet.co.uk turned off my current cookie restrictions and set it to prompt cookies so that I could choose to accept them.

Prviously my (new) PC / browser had been automatically blocking thrid party cookies and this was cuaisng my log-in to be bounced.

Or somefink along them lines. :D

Thugs out! comprendo?

I'm with you on this one Dorset_Cider. I hate having the name of the club I love dragged through the mud. I hate worrying after every big game about what trouble has broken out. I hate reading about it in the news as if it's something all of us fans get involved in. I hate Rovers fans telling me we're a hooligan club, as if they haven't got an element themselves.

Chalky, I have no problem with you reading about it. Even I have been on the CSF website. I stumbled onto it when doing a google image search once. What I saw made me both angry and sad - to see what some people were doing in our name.

What annoys me is the glamourisation of it in books, and the way some thugs are making money out what they do, to the detriment of real fans, business owners, local people and society in general - I mean, why should non-football fans worry whenever a big game is going on in their area? Why should some of our taxes go towards survellience and police operations to stop this behaviour?

I don't doubt that some of these people do support City and are passionate about it. But if they were real fans they wouldn't allow our name to be dragged through the mud.

Let's get away from the point of saying "it's part of football". Let's actively denounce hooliganism. Not just at this club, but on a national and international scale. At the moment, we have a large number of small sections of fans denouncing it. We need a movement along the lines of kicking racism out of football to hit this problem on the head. It won't be easy to stop football hooliganism, but we can bloody well try.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

There are more arrests in town centres and local pubs for Antisocial behaviour and violent disorder than there are at football on a saturday, yet that doesn't seem to be reported as much.

It is only a very small % of football fan that would call themselves a "lad" and of that only a small % are "active" yet a massive media spotlight is placed on ALL football fans.

Football violence is so hyped by the media and the police it seems to have teken epic proportions, but in truth is no worse than the fighting you see everywhere on a saturday night.

The answer?

Sunday kick offs - 1pm ect

HAVING to travel on official coaches to matches

Perspective in the way incidents are reported.

Stricter penalties placed on clubs when fans mis-behave

Archived