IGNORED

Christian Roberts

Guest Neo

I have read with some dismay several posts critical of Christian Roberts.

The same Christian Roberts who was permanently berated on the old forum for months and then became popular to the extent of hero worship and has now returned to the bad guy role.

What is the problem with him? I have been away for a very long weekend break and wasn't at the game on Saturday, however, I understand he was on the pitch for the last 16 minutes.

This is after a very long period of mainly reserve team football and being frozen out of the first team picture completely is his most natural position. What do you expect him to do? Why are you not being critical of the players who didn't score and played an entire 90 minutes?

Roberts was an integral part of the team before being dumped reasonably unceremonously (sp?) to the bench as 4th choice striker and 2nd or 3rd choice right-sided midfielder.

This is a player who is only at his best when his confidence is high and when he is getting some level of support. His confidence is probably completely shattered presently and he is verbally criticised from his very first touch by his own so-called fans.

And now on here, people are slating him when he's played 16 minutes of first team football in the last 3/4 games.

Any criticism of the team full stop at present is harsh, however, to "pick" on a player who has had minimal involvement is absolutely laughable to me.

He;s the sdame player as he was before he had his break. As most people on here will know I am not Roberts best fan and infact I think he is an absolute waste of space and money. This doesn't mean I won't support him when he puts on a red shirt becasue I will 100% I just think there is no place for him in the team. He does suffer from confidence and it does effect his performance but he needs to get over that. I just feel with him that he has only one skill at that is the power he can hit the ball at. 99% of the time his shots miss the target but the other 1% will go in and look really good but we need someone who has a better strike rate than that. He isn't a winger as he can't cross again unless with power and I just generally feel he doesn't have a footballing brain. With players like Goodfellow on the bench I was very surprised to see him come on at Sheffield and although only on for 16mins I thought he summed up what I think of him. No final ball and for someone who had just come on no energy

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

I think Roberts has the problem of the fact he has come out publicly and stated he supports Cardiff City. I do also get the feeling that some certain members of the team (strikers) don't like him and maybe they feel he doesn't pass when in the position to do so.

i like robbo, and think he should be giving a chance to play from the start tomorrow. He was second top scorer for us last season, so why he has dropped so far down the pecking order, is to my disbelief.

As for him supporting Cardiff, it doesn't bother me, or should it bother anyone else, it shouldn't matter who he supports at all. The main thing is that he gives 100% everytime he pulls on a shirt . And at the moment he isn't being given that chance, so just back off him!

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

I wasn't having a go a him for supporting Cardiff i know he gives 100% for us. But sadly it does bother several fans who will and always do moan whenever he puts one foot wrong.

But sadly it does bother several fans who will and always do moan whenever he puts one foot wrong.

Like the lovely guy who sits behind me in the Atyeo (thank god for the East End....) who seems to think that any mistake by anyone within a 10m radius of Robbo is automatically the fault of the "useless Welsh tw#t"...... :D

Christian Roberts = Lazy, this-Interested, Slow, Consistently makes wrong decisions, Consistently loses possession, wastes the ball when he has it, Poor shooting - basically very ineffectual and not up for it.

It doesnt matter how long you have had out the above attributes are not affected. It takes nothing to show passion, interest and use the ball to good effect when you have it. When you are playing on the right wing you have to be prepared to find space and run - ala Aaron Brown Christian spends more time on Carey's toes in the Right Back area.

Enough Said.

Taxi at the end of the season.

Forum users always seem to have a scapegoat. Its recently been Wilson,Roberts, Aaron Brown,Carey and Butler and before them Keith Millen, Tony Thorpe,Steve Torpey,Akinbiyi and favourite of all Lee Mathews.

Its all part of the "fun" of being a football supporter.

Hero worships a bit strong, but he improved last season to finish up with about 12 league goals.

The bloke's his own worst enemy.

It's OK for people like Beckham & Llunberg to have silly hair cuts and pink boots because they can play.This bloke isn't in the same league and it just makes him look a ######, plus giving people something else/an excuse to dislike him.

My advice is simple.

Concentrate on the football, get the goals and you'll be back in the side on merit because our central strikers aren't scoring.He has some pace & skill and can score important goals.

Christian, leave the peripheral stuff out and the fancy Dan bull$h1t out and you'll be OK!

Hero worships a bit strong, but he improved last season to finish up with about 12 league goals.

The bloke's his own worst enemy.

It's OK for people like Beckham & Llunberg to have silly hair cuts and pink boots because they can play.This bloke isn't in the same league and it just makes him look a ######, plus giving people something else/an excuse to dislike him.

My advice is simple.

Concentrate on the football, get the goals and you'll be back in the side on merit because our central strikers aren't scoring.He has some pace & skill and can score important goals.

Christian, leave the peripheral stuff out and the fancy Dan bull$h1t out and you'll be OK!

That's a bit harsh isn't it? I fail to see how the way he dresses/has his hair effects his performance in any way. :D

Aslong as it doesn't affect his performance (and why would it?) then I don't really see a problem.

That's a bit harsh isn't it? I fail to see how the way he dresses/has his hair effects his performance in any way.  :D

Aslong as it doesn't affect his performance (and why would it?) then I don't really see a problem.

Simply put, it doesn't.

That's why it's an excuse.

However, looking at his his chance on Saturday, he would have been better if he'd have smashed it in the net instead of trying to flick it up first.

I can't put it any clearer, just read the post again.

Forum users always seem to have a scapegoat. Its recently been Wilson,Roberts, Aaron Brown,Carey and Butler and before them Keith Millen, Tony Thorpe,Steve Torpey,Akinbiyi and favourite of all Lee Mathews.

Its all part of the "fun" of being a football supporter.

Whats wrong with 'constructive criticism' after all we do pay good money to watch city?

However, looking at his his chance on Saturday, he would have been better if he'd have smashed it in the net instead of trying to flick it up first.

What was this chance Saturday? I am at a disadvantage cos i'm one of the few who couldn't attend, however, was it a chance he should have buried?

Was it really a case of trying to walk the ball in the net?

I'm intrigued because this guy as he proved last season and a couple of times this season that he can finish. However, the crisper shots always seem to coincide with a decent run in the team.

I think it might be a case of he feels immense pressure to score. Let's face facts, his best run this season was a 3/4 game spell up-front alongside Miller where it looked to be a good relationship building (didn't he create a couple of goals as well?). However, he was dumped instantly to the bench for Peacock's return (Barnsley cup I think).

If he can lose his place that easily when he has played well (albeit not scored), logical thinking dictates he had to do more. However, this ruling doesn't seemed to have been applied fairly to the other main strikers.

I think Roberts has the problem of the fact he has come out publicly and stated he supports Cardiff City. I do also get the feeling that some certain members of the team (strikers) don't like him and maybe they feel he doesn't pass when in the position to do so.
Spot on post...and he's a Baadiff supporter, who will never be accepted by a number of our fans, even if he scored against his old club.

During the Wycombe game, Robbo, was the only City player to have a ###### clue what to do, unlike Doc, who got himself sent off, Aaron who went AWOL, Leapy who did absolutely ##** all that night, ditto Miller, and whoever else played in midfield, yet they dont get slated for poor performances like Robbo seems to.

I repeat something I said on an earlier thread, if Robbo, (and Leroy) dont get regular football, with us, both WILL move to bigger clubs, and WILL both come back to haunt us. If Robbo (Or Leroy)had half the chances Leapy, Aaron, Burnell, Doc, Carey, Wilks, and Miller have had they would both be regular first teamers, and most of those players I have just named have been caned by the Forum cynics, me included who doesnt rate the three I criticise.

Aaron & Leapy have long since used up their chances, 1 game in 3 they play with conviction, otherwise its going through the motions with them, and Burnell, is thankfully not a first choice midfielder for City, but there is little criticism of those two in particular. Maathews even if he wasnt sicknote, wouldnt get a look in up front, because of Leapy, and DW's inability to drop him when hes playing ####(Which like every player born will play #### at some point). I also repeat this guy is NOT good enough for us if we get promoted, and I remain unconvinced he will even help get us up. He aint the worst striker we have ever had, the likes of Seal, Baird etc have that "honour", but he aint even up to Wayne Allisons standard, let alone Goat, Ade, Cheese, super Bob, Shutty.

Judas aint even played that many games for QPR/Luton this season, but he has as many league goals as Leapy, and had more when at City, and Robbo scored more the last time he was played as a striker. And he wants a new contract- Oi, NO, Leapy, NO!!

Whats the betting Goodfellow, Leroy, and Woody will be next for the caning by the forum.

Guest westoncider

THE REASON & THE ONLY REASON ROBERTS SCORED AT ALL LAST SEASON WAS SCOTT MURRAY WITH 200 PLUS CROSSES FOR ROBERTS TO TAP IN :Party12: :Party12: :Party12: :Party12:

Guest Hodges17
QUOTE (Derby Gas @ Mar 1 2004, 02:36 PM)

Can we have him? 

what to go with all the other no hopers that you have.

Yes

Can we have him?
Quite frankly I wish for his sake you could.

He'll get regular footy then and maybe even get some appreciation for his merits on the pitch as opposed to derision because he admits to loving his home-town football club. I mean what a sin.

If I had the good fortune to make it as a professional footballer and was offered a job by Cardiff then I would take it no hesitation; I would have the livelihood of my family to consider after all.

However, I would rather be anally probed by "Mr Big" than have to hide my passion for Bristol City as a consequence! :D:D

Guest Hodges17
QUOTE (Derby Gas @ Mar 1 2004, 02:36 PM)

Can we have him? 

Quite frankly I wish for his sake you could.

He'll get regular footy then and maybe even get some appreciation for his merits on the pitch as opposed to derision because he admits to loving his home-town football club. I mean what a sin.

If I had the good fortune to make it as a professional footballer and was offered a job by Cardiff then I would take it no hesitation; I would have the livelihood of my family to consider after all.

However, I would rather be anally probed by "Mr Big" than have to hide my passion for Bristol City as a consequence!

--------------------

It is a bit patheitc, i agree - Marcus Stewart played for BRFC at a time not so long ago when there was football rivalry in Bristol; He was a City fan and never denied that, but we didnt try to hound him out of the club!

THE REASON & THE ONLY REASON ROBERTS SCORED AT ALL LAST SEASON WAS SCOTT MURRAY WITH 200 PLUS CROSSES FOR ROBERTS TO TAP IN :Party12:  :Party12:  :Party12:  :Party12:
Less presume all Roberts goals were really that easy; still says something that he kept up with Scott to be in a position to tap them in.

Call all stats people; didn't Roberts play the most key passes for Scott's goals as well?

Also, can somebody please she light on my post above querying the chance Roberts had Saturday?

One other question; did anybody else have a chance that should have buried or did we only create something in the last 16 minutes?

he may have kept up woth murray and scored a few goals but look how many he missed and also how many he has missed this season. Also shouldn't you pick a team on current form and Roberts is deffinatly not on form

he may have kept up woth murray and scored a few goals but look how many he missed and also how many he has missed this season. Also shouldn't you pick a team on current form and Roberts is deffinatly not on form
Ok. You watch the reserves often do you?

If not, i'm presuming you mean current form in the first team. If so, then i'm presuming you mean a few substitute appearances spread out over several games; not many in the last month or so.

Coming on as a substitute and making a "must choose me" impact is extremely hard to do; especially if those sub appearances are few and far between and often for a small period of time.

Lita has proved very ineffective on a number of substitute appearances, yet, fans defend him by saying "he isn't playing enough", "needed to come on earlier" etc. Why one rule for an academy youngster and another for a Cardiff fan with strange choice in hair-cuts; let me think?

As for how many he's missed. You mean as opposed to our current prolific strikers and midfielders.

Ok, I've said this else where, but I'll say it again, because it's what I believe.

It's all very well saying why don't we give Christian a go, why do people get on his back etc. but at the end of the day, we're a proffesional football club striving for promotion to the next division.

It's clear, that when Roberts gets substitute appearances here and there he fails to make an impact.

I like Roberts, I think he's got a lot of raw potential. But right now, we really can't afford the endless patience some fans seem to have with him.

I'm sure this guy can do well at our club, but right now, he's playing poorly and failed to make an impact when given the chance. It's a harsh business, but we have a squad strong enough to bring in other players ahead of an out of form Christian Roberts.

Harsh, but true.

Neo you presume a lot don't you. He has started 18 games for City this season in which he scored 1 goal. He has also come off the bench on 14 occasions and again scored 1 goal. For someone who is apparently a striker that is not a good return. You may say he was played out of position but on average he must have had 3 shots minimum in games where he has started. His assits arn't much better either so I can't see why you would want him to play. He doesn't score and he doesn't pass and set up goals

hes welsh, there you go, if he was from anywere else he would be liked a lot more, i also think hes more efective against teams who defend high up the pitch, wednesday arnt one of those, he did miss what must of been by his reaction a sitter with 10 mins to go, other than that i couldnt fault him on saturday.

hes welsh, there you go, if he was from anywere else he would be liked a lot more, i also think hes more efective against teams who defend high up the pitch, wednesday arnt one of those, he did miss what must of been by his reaction a sitter with 10 mins to go, other than that i couldnt fault him on saturday.
Brendon, That was the point i was trying to make a few months ago when everyone was up his arse.

Its actually got nothing to do with him being Welsh, was Rob Edwards critisised when he was here, no. He gets critisised as he cant do the buisness.

I've got nothing against the bloke, i like the way he always gives 100%. I just found it a very strange decision to bring him on given the alternatives!

if D.W. is trying to keep players happy then that is worrying, but if he'd stuck one in he'd have been a genius!

I Like Robbo, and feel that he has been very harshly treated, the fact that he scored 18 goals last season ( Only been beaten by Scott Murray in the goal scoring table) surely deserves a starting place instead of Lee P or Lee M, kinda starting the two very simular players up front debate again!

Someone else mentions that all Robbo did last season was get on the end of crosses and get the tap in's Surely this is what we have been crying out for - why so much hype about Mark Robins when he became available ?

Also continuing the from last season but i think that Robbo was 3rd in the assists chart only beaten by Tins and Murray.

Also previously mentioned someone else said that peacock doesnt like playing up front with robbo, well who is been the petty one here ?? robbo who's happy to play or Peacock who's happy to play but moans about his team mates ?

Just cause he welsh shouldnt make any difference, and although he supports cardiff he was still proffesional in putting two past them last season - should we start hating Clayton now cause he still follows Spurs or get on Danny's back cause he still looks out for wednesday results ??

When Roberts is played out of the position on the right at least he is happy to have a go and take on players whilst Aaron brown would just stand there and play the ball backwards.

Christian Roberts should be given his chance surely he deserved it after last season.

And finally he hasnt been in the team recently due to his brother been seriously ill. which i think has already been disscussed on this forum.

Starting to get angry now - must go and lie down :D

He's an awful footballer, lack of a touch, finish, skill etc.

What does my head in is that whenever he gets a good goalscoring chance he's never calm and places it into the corner (not including his goal against Grimsby!) he'll just hit and hope half the time, hoping that power will be good enough, no accuracy at all.

The reason he's not playing is because there are much better players, personally I think Roberts could be a decent 3rd division player but no way will he cut the nustard if we go up this season.

Neo, look at his goalscoring record for this season, if Peacock had a record like that you'd soon moan about him, just because he's your favourite player I believe you will always stick up for him no matter how bad he is.

Why should he be played just becasue he scored 18 goals last season. It is this season that we are now concentrating on and he is not up to it. It's like saying that Joe Royle scored 4 goals on his debut so lets sign him again in the hope that he will do it again

Yeah so Masfield one great goal if he meant it and will give him credit for turning that in to one of the best games I have seen. Ok name another.................. stuck yes thought so

Class goal but if you be honest with yourself, he didn't look up before he shot it was just power and flew in.

Wouldn't happen if he tried again.

And that's the thing with the Roberts fans, always mentioning last season, we need a player thats performing this season in our side.

Class goal but if you be honest with yourself, he didn't look up before he shot it was just power and flew in.

And that's the thing with the Roberts fans, always mentioning last season, we need a player thats performing this season in our side.

What about the last 6 games? PEACOCK OUT, LITA IN!

Alright then, maybe if you attend some away games, like Grimsby away etc. for once you'd realise Peacock has been playing superbly.

He maybe having a quiet spell infront of goal but aslong as we're winning I'm happy.

But Roberts performs brilliantly, without getting rewards alot of the time, yet gets a torrent of abuse. :D

Anyway, Chill, i'm off for a bit :D

Neo, look at his goalscoring record for this season, if Peacock had a record like that you'd soon moan about him, just because he's your favourite player I believe you will always stick up for him no matter how bad he is.

Yes he is my favourite player and he is by no means our best player and I would never making a complete arse of myself and defend the indefensible.

However, comparing Peacock and Roberts is unfair. Roberts is a right-sided substitute midfielder (in Danny's view) and will not get a chance to play up-front again this season as he is not even considered for this position.

You neglect to deal with the important point I have been making in that Roberts confidence is shot. The chances of any player coming on with 16 minutes to go and score a goal are very slim. However, people are choosing to forget that fact and further slate the guy (which is what I am critical of).

Neo you presume a lot don't you

You were stating that Roberts is off-form; I was simply querying the validity of this comment given that the bloke has hardly featured in a few weeks and questioning the basis of this comment.

Against Gloucester in the cup (Reserves), he had an average game at best which I said recently on a post. He set up two though and with a mixture of bad luck and head-rushes was unlucky not to score himself. Certainly contributed to the cause and looked one of the better players on view.

I know his form hasn't been great; perhaps he needs a confidence boost. Perhaps they could at least try him up-front for the reserves to see if he can notch a goal or two.

As for his appearances you are quoting, how many of these have been as a striker (do not include the time he moved position 4 times in 1 game in your answer). How does his return from the right side of midfield compare with Luke Wilkshire who is preferred in that position?

It's clear, that when Roberts gets substitute appearances here and there he fails to make an impact

As stated earlier, in general, neither has Lita, however, he does not get criticised at all on here for inept performances. And then at the next game, his name gets chanted, he comes on, does nothing, however, NOBODY GETS STRAIGHT ON HIS BACK.

And that's the thing with the Roberts fans, always mentioning last season, we need a player thats performing this season in our side

People draw on last season to highlight what he is capable of. How can you be sure he cannot reproduce that until he is afforded the luxury of Peacock and Miller; a string of games in 1 position where there is no apparent pressure to score goals.

Roberts should leave the club and get a new start elsewhere, not because he isn't good enough but because of all the ###### he has to put up with from his own supporters, he's certainly has the talent to play at this level given the chance, he proved this last year, he has not been given any kind of decent run up front this year to prove his worth, 18 starts maybe but i would be surprised if more than a third of these were up front.

Peacock plays well every other game, Miller is playing well when Peacock isn't, Lita is still only a good replacement to have and Robbo is in and out of the side more times than a porn stars winky. :rolleyes: Give the lad a chance and he will get his confidence back and start scoring again, he misses chances like Peacock and Miller do but he is Welsh and supports Cardiff and for some in the stands that is the only reason they need to abuse him, no player deserves that level of abuse he recieves let alone your own player.

But Roberts performs brilliantly, without getting rewards alot of the time, yet gets a torrent of abuse.
In my opinion, for that is all I can give, Robetrs has not performed well all season. He played well in periods last year but certainly not consistently and the criticism I'm going to make below I think applies to last season as well as this.

He has scored a great goal (Grimsby) and made a couple of nice runs during his minutes on the pitch but that fails to cover his many failings for me.

His main failing are that he has no footballing brain and he is so melodramatic it is untrue! Roberts cannot spot what the rest of us can, his positional play (especially on the right wing - and yes, I know thats not his main position) is not good and he does tend to run around like a headless chicken an awful lot. I'm sure we can all recall a number of two footed lunges where he's been lucky not to be sent off and also one or two where he has been!

The melodrama to which I refer is evidenced by his dive against Wednesday on Saturday. He leapt three foot in the air and made three rolls, whenever Roberts runs to the sidelines he hasd to go two foot further than the rest and jump the hoardings! When the ball is there to be struck he feels the need to blast it at 300 mph more often than not...

The bottom line is that he is the most frustrating player I have ever had to watch. He has raw abilitly and can do good things but SO often I can see that he should run for the ball/play a pass/take a placed shot/mark a man and he fails to do so!

It has nothing to do with his nationality (I rate Darren Jones very highly) and nothing to do with his stupid hair. He is just not good enough as an all round footballer to play for Bristol City in my opinion.

Still, when in a red shirt we must ALL get 100% behind him. Always!

He set up two though and with a mixture of bad luck and head-rushes was unlucky not to score himself.
head rushes are a coomon occurence and I feel that this comment illustrates some of my earlier comments.

Guest Top Corner
Yeah so Masfield one great goal if he meant it and will give him credit for turning that in to one of the best games I have seen. Ok name another.................. stuck yes thought so
.... Barnsley away last season. Hat trick in a 4-1 win if I recall correctly, including a thumping free kick from the corner of the box for his third.

Quite frankly I couln't give a monkeys where he comes from, who he supports etc., as long as he is performing for us.

Last season I thought by and large he did a good job. This season for whatever reason he has underachieved a little. He missed two presentable chances on Saturday, albeit one was from a tightish angle, but you would expect a forward at our level to convert the one from close range, at the very least to have hit the target.

Still didn't really understand why Roberts ,who hasn't featured for a few games, got the nod ahead of Goodfellow to come on, but I suppose that's a different matter altogether!

head rushes are a coomon occurence and I feel that this comment illustrates some of my earlier comments.
Doherty at Wycombe, anyone?? He dont get panned like Robbo does- the only ones who got it as bad are Burnell, and Phillips-Pathetic Really!!

So Leapy performs every game- I dont kin think so!!! He goes through the motions every other game, and he has very varied goal getting phases!!

Aaron, yeah right!!!! Mr AWOL himself

Butler, Wilks,Miller, Hill, Coles, Bell, Carey, Phillips, er they aint performed every game either!!

Reckon the welsh thing is close to the truth here!

Head rushes are a common occurence. However, as kinda hinted above, would suggest that is borne out of a pressure to do something of note as opposed to confidence in ability to hold down a place.

I wonder if he ever gets an arm around the shoulder and told to relax, you'll get a prolonged run if you start turning in solid performances? This might be all that's lacking?

As for the frustration you mention later on; that's the attraction! I love completely unpredictable players because, well, they're completely unpredictable!

Shocking at times, class(ish) at times. Something different!

Bucksred sums it up greatly; others are guilty of the same sloppiness; rarely are they berated for it.

I have read with some dismay several posts critical of Christian Roberts.

The same Christian Roberts who was permanently berated on the old forum for months and then became popular to the extent of hero worship and has now returned to the bad guy role.

What is the problem with him?  I have been away for a very long weekend break and wasn't at the game on Saturday, however, I understand he was on the pitch for the last 16 minutes.

This is after a very long period of mainly reserve team football and being frozen out of the first team picture completely is his most natural position.  What do you expect him to do?  Why are you not being critical of the players who didn't score and played an entire 90 minutes?

Roberts was an integral part of the team before being dumped reasonably unceremonously (sp?) to the bench as 4th choice striker and 2nd or 3rd choice right-sided midfielder. 

This is a player who is only at his best when his confidence is high and when he is getting some level of support.  His confidence is probably completely shattered presently and he is verbally criticised from his very first touch by his own so-called fans. 

And now on here, people are slating him when he's played 16 minutes of first team football in the last 3/4 games.

Any criticism of the team full stop at present is harsh, however, to "pick" on a player who has had minimal involvement is absolutely laughable to me.

My level of support has never changed I still believe in Christian Roberts as a Bristol City player........ I stand by Danny Wilson and his comments that Christian will be back, so what more do you want the likes of me to say?

I don't care what anyone else thinks and say to all, including the man, Christian I can't wait until you are back BIGTIME for Bristol City.

Come On You Reds!

We can go all day saying he scored this goal that was good and scored that goal, he did this and did that but it is all in the past. Every good comment about him comes from last season. He has not performed well this season so can't understand why he should be played. It's like saying that we should get Keith Welch back

We can go all day saying he scored this goal that was good and scored that goal, he did this and did that but it is all in the past. Every good comment about him comes from last season. He has not performed well this season so can't understand why he should be played. It's like saying that we should get Keith Welch back
We could go on all day and quite frankly have.

But it is mainly down to comments like the above. Yes, most ot the people who want Christian to play draw on last season for their reasons.

The reason they are drawing on them is pointing out that he is capable of scoring and creating goals if he gets a chance in the team.

He has not been given a fair chance this season, certainly not in the position where he produced last seasons large goal tally and assists tally. That is the point.

If the two Lee's were banging them in for fun, pro-Roberts people like myself would not have raised this topic as, quite frankly, it would be shot-down in one post.

The reason I can get away with raising this topic, is that I am not alone in thinking that Christian can play a bigger part in the side. People are saying he is off-form, however, they are basing this on minimal first team involvement in a different position than he achieved last seasons feats.

If people are saying using last season is not a valid argument; then I would counter saying he is off-form this season is equally unvalid.

Just quickly on others comments; poor first touch, no visions etc. etc. That was also the case when he score 18 goals for us and had various assists. Nothings changed so surely that is irrelevant when comparing him this season.

Half our side has a poor first touch and most of our defenders can only see a pass 50 yards up the pitch (or in some cases row AA of the Dolman).

Just to add my thoughts, not that they really matter as I am not Danny Wilson.

I have always liked |Roberts and find him exciting to watch, when playing as an out and out striker. This season he has played out of position and has struggled. He has put the effort in at the beginning but now with his confidence low he seems that he is not enjoying his football. He has had a lot to adapt to with the arrival of new players. I think he was bought to develop and that hasn't materialised.

I said before we should be thinking that we will be playing in the 1st division next season. If Roberts is struggling now what hope is there for him in the 1st? Sad but true?

I was in the chat room on saturday and not at the match. I did make a comment that wilson had got in wrong with the subs regarding Roberts. I felt that he put Roberts on and when he messed up he (Roberts) would be slated. not the best move for an unconfident player who only had 16 mins to prove himself. I know he COULD have won the match for us but felt it was too much of a risk. IF lita had come on and failed he would not be slated in the way Roberts is.

It WAS such a big match with a lot at stake but now it is in the past. Like I said we should be thinking ahead.

Just a thought, if the wonderous Leapy had to put up with what Robbo has this season, he would have thrown his toys around the playpen too.

Final thought- Robbo, has had a Wales call up, big deal you say, but Wales are clearly the second best UK team, and hughesy aint going to call up donkies, but Scotland are desparate for players, so much so ersatz Jocks are being considered. Leapy is a sweaty by father?, how come he dont get a call up for em?

I aint the manager, but DW knows more than Mark Hughes, I think not!

Get Roberts in Danny; he'll score or at least get in the position to score!

Mark Hug-hes knows a striker when he sees one, trust him :rolleyes:

Archived