IGNORED

Why I.t.v. Sport Is So Poor

I'm not defending ITV sport, but can I put my two pennorth's worth in, although somebody at ITV West should be doing this and not me.

Maybe when were in the championsip next season we'll get better coverage.

I bought a share in ITV five years ago so that it gives me the opportunity to

speak at ITVs annual general meetings about football.

OK, what doesn't help the ITV English regions is that Charles Allen is a Scotsman and also the boss of ITV

Charles Allen's second in command is Peter Burt and there is more wind on a calm day than Peter Burt

All english ITV regions are allowed one and a half hours of non news items a week which consists of footy

political programme and a local interest programme

Contrast that with ITV Wales (because it is classified as a countryand not a region) is allowed eight

hours of local programmes.

ITV sport claim that when soccer night returns some time in late Oct early November the audience share

is bigger than when it could be shown on Sunday afternoons.

If its that good in the autumn, its good enough for the ENTIRE term of the football season

One thing ITV will not tell you is the viewing audience of soccer night. Without going too far down the statistical road, if the soccer sunday is up against good quality programmes then its 'share' of the audience will be low. So if you put soccer night up against poor quality programmes then its share will be higher. When I attended last May's 2006 AGM I requested two things that soccer highlights start on the first sunday

following the start of the football season and the local saturday afternoon news to be shown as late as possible so it gives the staff back at ITV west and the other ITV regions chance to edit the football action so that it can be shown on the saturday afternoon local news.

Regarding writing to ITV to complain(in my opinion) its a waste of time you get the usual rubbish

"your comments have been noted" does that sound familar?

If as many of write to Matt Smith at ITV and tell him what we all thought of the first and second division highlights

he might do some thing for us next week when we play huddersfield

If we don't ask, we don't get.

I totally agree that the standard of ITV's coverage for League's 1 and 2 is very poor. But alas, the programme is called "The Championship" and I can't help but think they consider the brief highlights we get as a 'favour' to us crumby lower league sides!

I totally agree that the standard of ITV's coverage for League's 1 and 2 is very poor. But alas, the programme is called "The Championship" and I can't help but think they consider the brief highlights we get as a 'favour' to us crumby lower league sides!

Nice win sat Mr Swindle.

Congrats, anyway get yerself back up and smash the Gas twice on the way....... :farmer:

Well said NTTDS - for once, a really interesting post. What is the thinking behind allowing 'regional' TV stations just 90 minutes of non news local broadcasting??!! With this multiplicity of channels these days, surely it should be feasible to have an almost local TV station like we have local radio (Radio BRISTOL!!!) I was pretty fed up on Friday evening with the HTV news - sat all the way through it to see the weekend previews only to get a feature on Cheltenham Town and nought else. Oh well - more choice seems to equate with less choice ...

Archived