IGNORED

Todays Eveningpost.

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

I was reading todays Evening Post and was reading about how there was trouble outside Brannigans in the City Centre.

As I read on i was pleasantly surprised that they said it was Boro and Bolton fans however it went on to say City fans on their way back from Sheffield Wednesday were also involved and also Cardiff fans after their game with West Ham.

Now can someone please tell me, unless they got some inside information. How can they tell who is City and who is Rovers? As all of them wear their designer gear and wil not wear anything to suggest they are from their respected clubs.

Everything that involves trouble is always something to do with Bristol City fans and never to do with Rovers fans. However you speak to a jumped up Rovers fan who thinks hes hard (which i have loads here in Downened) they seem to claim it was the Rovers hooligan firm.

Am i the only one that gets wound up about this sort of thing?

I was reading todays Evening Post and was reading about how there was trouble outside Brannigans in the City Centre.

As I read on i was pleasantly surprised that they said it was Boro and Bolton fans however it went on to say City fans on their way back from Sheffield Wednesday were also involved and also Cardiff fans after their game with West Ham.

Now can someone please tell me, unless they got some inside information. How can they tell who is City and who is Rovers? As all of them wear their designer gear and wil not wear anything to suggest they are from their respected clubs.

Everything that involves trouble is always something to do with Bristol City fans and never to do with Rovers fans. However you speak to a jumped up Rovers fan who thinks hes hard (which i have loads here in Downened) they seem to claim it was the Rovers hooligan firm.

Am i the only one that gets wound up about this sort of thing?

Just to put you out of your misery, it was City.Had that on good authority. :D

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Yeh but thats not my point, my point is that its always city and i know Rovers hooligans are mainly all handbags but surely it must be them sometimes.

it is true to say rovers were involved as was your local

lads who are out on the peeee who just don't like football

but are the type that gets drunk and fight on a friday and saturday night

down town.

but i'm afraid it was a large

group of city that was seen coming from the motor way heading for the

waterfront that is how the police got on top of it so quick, plus also

there has been so much hype about the weekend on various messageboards

that these guys give themselfs away.

I don't get worked up about it whatsoever.

I know we have a bad lot within our ranks and so do the Gas; our lot have a larger reputation from years gone by and as such are more liable to be the focus of any padding involved in newspaper reports.

The bottom line is I do not get worked up by them because I don't care who they are or where they come from.

All I know is they are twinned with a large section of people who have ruined my Saturday nights out with friends and families on so many occasions that I avoid town like the plague. It wouldn't be so bad if I ever looked for trouble instead of getting it for no reason!

Guest Hodges17

The EP are weird - for some reason every time theyres any trouble within 50 miles of Bristol the headline reads

CITY HOOLIGANS SHAME CLUB WITH VIOLENCE

But i know, as we all do, that every club has troublemakers who attach themselves, including Rovers.

The point is these people (if I can use it in such a loose term because they hardly qualify for it) cause untold angst and violence in the city centre through drunkenness on saturday nights; its not a football problem but it overlaps because they adhere to one or other of the local teams. True supporters of each club don't go doing this because the papers (and in particular the Evil Post) are all to ready to jump onto black banner headlines and scream at the football clubs as the cause of it.

The EP are weird - for some reason every time theyres any trouble within 50 miles of Bristol the headline reads

CITY HOOLIGANS SHAME CLUB WITH VIOLENCE

But i know, as we all do, that every club has troublemakers who attach themselves, including Rovers.

We've delved into this subject numerous times on here and the concensus is that gas supporters occupying a number of senior positions on the rag may well have something to do with it.

I bet some of them were rubbing their hands at the prospects for the weekend, apart from Rovers/Oxford of course.

Reporting on the subject will only become neutral and honest when the personnel involved in the reporting ( or not ) of such unsavoury incidents gradually move on.

Guest redrobin108

They was trouble in Horfield at the weekend involving Rovers & Oxford fans, is ti report in the evil Post.

I dont read that paper anymore, but i bet that there wasnt a mention about the trouble on Glos Rd on Sat before the game. I got told about it by a Gashead at work today.

A large group of Oxford fans were walking up Glos Rd singing there songs when all the Gas pubs emtied and went for them.

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken
Report on trouble

No mention of BRFC - but the bbc thinks BCFC and Baadif were there!

Everyone loves us  :D

Mate sorry to disappoint you but they just feel sorry for you :P

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

bardiff were definately there. As some Boro fans walked out of O'Neils on Saturday a old ugly ###### up ###### stood up and started shouting bluebirds at them wanting a go he was with 5 or 6 others. The boro fans walked of as they had kids with em.

Yeh but thats not my point, my point is that its always city and i know Rovers hooligans are mainly all handbags but surely it must be them sometimes.
You will find that the Rovers fans have a curfew of 8pm, so it possibly cant be them :P

Archived