IGNORED

Murray

Guest Cyprus_Red

Guest Cyprus_Red

i no its an old post but murray isnt gettin in the reading team. and hasnt started for 5 games.

last time he played was against nottinham forest and he scored.

do u think we should try and get him on loan?

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

While were at it maybe we should try and get Andy Cole, Goater, Akinbyi, Bob Taylor, Jim Brennan back on loan then.

i no its an old post but murray isnt gettin in the reading team. and hasnt started for 5 games.

last time he played was against nottinham forest and he scored.

do u think we should try and get him on loan?

He's not playing so why not???

Yes I believe we should get Murray back and he would definitely want to come back to us. We need some impetus going forward that we have been lacking so far this season.

Murray would lift the whole dressing room and give us a major boost.

Guest Red_Rat

We relyed to much on him when we had him,old favourties returning to their former hunting ground never work.

He's gone mate

Get over it.

While were at it maybe we should try and get Andy Cole, Goater, Akinbyi, Bob Taylor, Jim Brennan back on loan then.
You forgot Rob Newman, Greg Goodridge, Keith Waugh, Moysey, and Steve Mclaren too :rolleyes::D;):D:D

Guest Bobo Dave

:Sleep12: Murray has gone - forget about him - we've done very well over the last 12 games - 11 wins, 1 loss without him - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If we're on the subject of bringing back old players, why not get John Shaw back as sub goalie, in case Steve Phillips get injured.

:rolleyes:

Guest comeonyoureds

its easy to say 'murrays gone get over it' but what if he did come back would there be any complaints then? i doubt it, I'm sure everyone will love him again instantly! i certainly wouldnt be complaining. right wing is a problem for city and has been all season so if theres any chance of solving it then it must be a good thing to help us get promotion!

not saying "he is gone, forget about him" - but we cant spend our time discussing "get murray back" when its not happening... If it does, then great - but the main point to remember is its in Readings hands and sadly not ours..

- there is no way we can afford to buy him, his wages must be higher now and i doubt Reading will let him out on loan - so for me that sadly, wins the argument!

I like probably everyone on here would love to seem him back, but i dont think it will ever happen. It would be sad foir him to come back a not rekindle his form, maybe we had the best out of him?! He has hero status at Ashton Gate, how many players return after playing for another club and still get worshipped? not many...

Its all about the future - so lets look forward eh?!

Guest rossitl

Most of you on here are shot away.

Forget him you say. What twaddle!!!! hes a great player that WANTS to play for us. There aint many players you can say that about.

Forget he used to play for us. If we were talking about what he did for us but at another club, we all be raving about him coming.

The fact is we are doing well without him, that doesnt mean he wouldnt be an asset. What is it then guys we are doing well so we never need another player?

He will strengthen any Division 1 team which is what we need to do heavily if we arent going straight back down.

Guest citysnumber7

exactly, we are doing very well at the moment, but who says we couldnt be doing better with the scottsman, murray was excellent for his goals he got on the break, if we scored more goals on the break like we use to with murray then we would be at least five points clear of plymouth

Guest Red_Rat

Come on mate,With Murray in the side we'd return to last seasons 'Plan A' no 'Plan B' side. And the fans would expect to much of him anyway.

Plus if we get him till the end of the season on loan and we get promoted, adnt eh returns to Reading, what then? If we can't form a team without him in the second division, how would we cope in the first?  :rolleyes:
Good point but if he came here and was successful what would the chances of him going back to reading and also be accepted when his heart is quite clearly somewhere else?

Most of you on here are shot away.

Forget him you say.  What twaddle!!!!  hes a great player that WANTS to play for us.  There aint many players you can say that about.

He wanted to play for us so much that he went to Reading.

Presumably if he wanted to play for us so much he would have turned them (and the extra wages) down.

Presumably if he wanted to play for us so much he would have turned them (and the extra wages) down.

I seem to remember Chris Garland and Tom Ritchie returning very successfully, and undoubtedly on less money.

It makes me wonder if some fans have read The Bible, particularly the part about the Prodigal Son. :rolleyes:

If we could get Murray back, loan or permanent, he'd get a hero's welcome.

No doubt about it.

add murry and with our current defence plus tin and the doc.... then BOY we would have some side.

I say we should get murry back, even on loan in the run up to the end of the season, even if it was only to boost morale and get him a promotional medal which on his play in the last few years he riichly deserved!

The guy is coming towards the end of his career and as he was being offered a higher wage, he had to put his family first!

Do any of the people who've answered with the standard 'he's gone, get over it' cliche actually have a good arguement to back that up ?
They probably did have the first two or three times the subject was bought up, but probably can't be bothered to repeat themselves again.

Scott is/was a great player, and if he were to return on loan, then fine you won't hear me complaining.

I don't hold my breathe that it will happen though.

Guest rossitl

Well Ive said it before I would gladly fork out a share of my hard earned cash to see him back here. End of story

And If any of you doubters here saw him back you'd be cheering him on with the rest of us.

You can see even after tonights performance we are no where near guaranteed to go anyway next season

Hes want we need

Steve - get on that phone

Hasn't the arguement moved on a bit since last time this came up though ?
A Murray loan has been mentioned previously on more than one occasion.

Like I said before, I'd love to see him back, but can't see it happening. After everything that Reading went through to get him (the "speculation" started long before they actually moved for him, so there had to be some truth in it), why would they let him go back to the same club that they got him from less than a few months down the line!?

What would City supporters think if we paid that kind of money for someone, and then loaned him back to his previous club the following season? The phrase waste of money comes to mind, and I doubt that the Reading supporters would be too happy to see it happen.

Archived