IGNORED

City Win Promotion

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Theoretically (for now)

So what are the aims in Div 1? Survival? Do we go for it?

Looking at the table there doesn't seem to be a weak fixture with the exception of Wimbledon. Could our present side escape relegation if it was unchanged?

The major dilema is how much money could be spent. Not only would players of quality cost more, they would also need higher wages. A look at Derby and Bradford right now shows what can happen.

Of those players City may keep who are out of contract how many would be asking for more than they are worth. Or maybe those players who are out of contract will be shown the door regardless of what division we find ourselves in next season.

ve to play in the 1st div and looking at our strikeforce the best we hope for in Div 1 is 4th from bottom, and yeh I still would have made the comment before Sats defeat at Sheff Weds!
No doubt about it, we'd struggle, but our defence would keep us up!! :D

Did say it before Saturday....

Sound posting Tompo.

On the subject of Ridsdale and company, I'd like to see a rule made thereby any chairman responsible or connected with a club going into administration is banned from taking over another club ad infinitum. It would be like Adolf Hitler if he'd survived the war going to, say, France and saying ok i'll be president.

With a view to division 1, this city team struggle to beat teams like Peterboro and Hartlepool at home and Colchester, Blackpool and Wrexham away. Anyone fancy those teams chances in Div 1? Nor I. Therefore this squad needs beefing up and a few of the current members discarded.

I'd say 4 minimum new faces and six ideally. But like Tompo I don't want SL and the other directors to go nuts and splash out silly money, either on transfers or wages. I'd much prefer relegation to administration.

With a view to division 1, this city team struggle to beat teams like Peterboro and Hartlepool at home and Colchester, Blackpool and Wrexham away.  Anyone fancy those teams chances in Div 1?  Nor I.  Therefore this squad needs beefing up and a few of the current members discarded.

Don't think we can expect to win every game mate, even if it is against the kacker clubs.

Guest RedwardsV1

I want our Club 2 be the best, and that means going through Division 1, alot of teams who get promoted from Division 2 come straight back down but I think we should do ok

Guest Osakasan

One thing is for sure, City are going to need to get some new players in. Look at Cardiff and Wigan; they made some intelligent signings and are looking at top half positions in Div 1.

How much money will City get if they go up? Hopefully this new Coca-Cola sponsorship will get us more money too.

Don't think we can expect to win every game mate, even if it is against the kacker clubs.

Its not so much the score in those home matches I referred to, but the performance which to be honest was poor and they NEVER looked like winning or in fact believing themselves they were going to win.

Throughout the first half of the season the performances were unconvincing and lacklustre. Even on the 11 match winning streak the team hasn't convinced me they can win if they concede a goal. Time City started taking their chances rather than wasting them because if they do that against QPR Plymouth Swindon Port Vale Brighton and Luton they'll lose the bloody lot.

Archived