IGNORED

Fortunes Chance To Shine

Ashcott Boy

I would love to see him start tomorrow in the centre of our defence along with Coles, with Carey at right-back and Woodman at left-back. In the small cameo roles hes had this season for the first team and his MOTM (i think) against Rovers reserves. I also think it was Danny who said he was the same type of player of Vieira.

Tomorrow's team

--------------------------------PHILLIPS----------------------------------

-----CAREY----------COLES---------FORTUNE---------WOODMAN----

---GOODFELLOW-----WILKSHIRE------DOHERTY-------A.BROWN---

----------------------MILLER---------------LITA-------------------------

SUBS:

STOWELL

PEACOCK

TINNION

BURNELL

ROBERTS

Guest Cider Red Sam

SUBS:

STOWELL

PEACOCK

TINNION

BURNELL

ROBERTS

"I'm loving it", except maybe Peacock in for Miller, and Bell on the bench instead of Burnell.

I think tomorrow is the perfect chance to give Lita and Fortune the start they've both been crying out for. We're playing bottom of the league (not that I'm uunderestimating them, its just a fact), we're coming playing off the back of a defeat so DW has got a reason to shake things up, Wycombe won't be expecting it and with Butler AND Hill out, Fortune is the only natural centre back we've got left! Sounds like DW is going to stick Carey in central defence though, and I can't imagine DW sticking in Lita. Ah well, I'm sure we'll win whoever DW picks.

Tomorrow's team

SUBS:

STOWELL

PEACOCK

TINNION

BURNELL

ROBERTS

That's the side i would like to see out tommorow. I don't think i will though.

The official site seems to suggest a back four of...

Woodman  Carey  Coles  Bell

which would be tough on Clayton.

that sucks. keep bell out put furtune on. What signals is this giving him if he can't get a game when 2 of the starting 4 are out. This all comes back to DW not giving the younger players a chance. Why not just sell him on then or release him. It seems we are having a younger talent drain (Liam <whether this is DW's doing is a matter of question but it certainly has some part>,Clist, Jones, Hulbert, Albano, etc.etc.) all have left without really getting a go.

that sucks.  keep bell out put furtune on.  What signals is this giving him if he can't get a game when 2 of the starting 4 are out.  This all comes back to DW not  giving the younger players a chance.  Why not just sell him on then or release him.  It seems we are having a younger talent drain (Liam <whether this is DW's doing is a matter of question but it certainly has some part>,Clist, Jones, Hulbert, Albano, etc.etc.) all have left without really getting a go.
Not playing the younger players?

What is the average age of the first team at the moment?

As for Clist and Co leaving without really getting a go, I'd suggest they didn't get a go because they weren't good enough. Harsh maybe but true.

I don't recall many clubs beating down Wilson's door to sign Clist. After all he was on the transfer list for best part of two seasons.

Surely the manager has a duty to field what he considers the strongest side available to him. I bet quite a few Man Utd fans wish that Ferguson had put out his strongest side on Saturday. He chose to leave out the likes of Van Nistlerooy and Giggs and came unstuck. Its probably cost United the title but what the heck at least a few of his young players had a run out.

I think there is a fine balance between playing younger players and playing "best availible side". I think it is important to keep the younger/academy players invovled, we are not a big club and our future should be with these players. I personally would rather we came in 2nd and gave significant playing time to some of the younger players who can't seem to get any first team action, than win the division w/o perparing for the future. In the last couple of years not one academy player has become a regular starter, this season woodman has 14 league starts (actually more than i thought) Marvin has one ,Clist had one, kev had 4 (and would be the exception to this if he'd stayed healthy), Lita has zero as do fortune hawkins, and simpson.

I don't think you are doing the team in the long term any benifit by not playing these players at least every once in awhile.

I really don't believe that Lita isn't frustrated by not playing, even though he has done a good job of towing the party line.

People retort that Aaron, Hill and Coles are "academy players" but they really started playing with the first team 3 or 4 years ago.

According to tonights Evening Post, Hill will be fit to play, therefore would sugest:

Philips

Carey Coles Hill Bell

Goodfellow Wilkshire Doherty Brown

Miller Roberts

Subs:Woodman, Burnell, Peacock, Lita and Fortune.

Brown is at his best when Bell plays behind him, and as Wycombe wont push forward too much tomorrow, we can afford to play Bell as he is our best attacking left back.

Carey needs someone to play wide in front of him, hence the return of Goodfellow.

Wilkshire and Doherty in central midfield as they are our best two players in these positions.

Roberts to partner Miller in order to inject pace into our attack.Peacock has been struggling somewhat in recent games and needs a kick up the backside. I'm not a huge fan of Roberts, but deserves a chance as in my mind Lita is too lightweight to start.

Whatever the team selection it is imperative we get behind the team straight from the off, as there must be no repeat of last seasons 2 month dip in form after our long unbeaten run.

Big Red Machine.Big Red Machine.Big Red Machine

Archived