IGNORED

4 Lost

Red Robin

Johnson really has a big problem,4 more games to lose and we can forget the top two,I have been counting down quicker than I would have wished.

The fact is GJ has got the specs on,where is he coming from? this side has not looked good enough from the seasons start for promo.

GJ should start talking firstly about safety and then possibly the playoffs,however we all must realise this club is going know where on the games played so far.

SL the speech was great first home game however we are a long long way off a promo side.

A poster wondered were the away fans were last night,my friend it aint happening on the road it costs on average for two people in a car for the average away game £80.00 people aint going to pay that amount to see the crap put before us.

I did not even think of going last night.this was the same last season after the first few away games your expectations drop, you could see it was not happening, the club and players have to produce which will make the fans want to go and support them.

The fact is this club are in a poor way from top to toe.

To long has been the call for the club to go up, reality is we are here for the long stay, unless change from top to toe happens.

I mean top to toe from the chairman downwards.

• Admin

Johnson really has a big problem,4 more games to lose and we can forget the top two,I have been counting down quicker than I would have wished.

The fact is GJ has got the specs on,where is he coming from? this side has not looked good enough from the seasons start for promo.

GJ should start talking firstly about safety and then possibly the playoffs,however we all must realise this club is going know where on the games played so far.

SL the speech was great first home game however we are a long long way off a promo side.

A poster wondered were the away fans were last night,my friend it aint happening on the road it costs on average for two people in a car for the average away game £80.00 people aint going to pay that amount to see the crap put before us.

I did not even think of going last night.this was the same last season after the first few away games your expectations drop, you could see it was not happening, the club and players have to produce which will make the fans want to go and support them.

To long has been the call for the club to go up, reality is we are here for the long stay, unless change from top to toe happens.

Anybody who seriously reckons they can judge how we will do this season against the backdrop of the opening 7 games and the events surrounding these games is lacking a chromosone or two in my opinion.

Does anyone honestly believe Johnson should come out with messages talking about achieving safety??? If he did that he'd be signing his own death warrant, particularly on here, where posters in their hordes would take great pleasure in lambasting the manager yet further than they do already!

Guest hirerite

one main reason for a lower crowd was quite simple! TRANMERE on a FRIDAY NIGHT! it's a long old trek! it's a long way to go after a long working week for a night game!

• Admin

one main reason for a lower crowd was quite simple! TRANMERE on a FRIDAY NIGHT! it's a long old trek! it's a long way to go after a long working week for a night game!

Stop bringing logical explanations into a chance to have a dig at our manager! I'm not certain but I believe it may even be against OTIB rules ;)

S****horpe United (H) W 1-0 Scraped home but had many more chances

Bradford City (a) L 1-2 Took the lead and really should have got point

Huddersfield Town (a) L 1-2 See Bradford City

Blackpool (H) L 2-4 DISASTER

Cheltenham Town (a, CC1) L 1-2 We will WIN there in the league guarenteed

Northampton Town (a) W 3-1 Good battling display against a poor side

Brighton & Hove Albion (H) W 1-0 See S****horpe United

Tranmere Rovers (a) L 0-1 With all our troubles we nearly got the draw which would have been a good result

3 out of the 4 away games at the start of the season would have been classed as against PROMOTION contenders

In the 3 games we have lost away we so nearly got the result we deserved, just lacking a target man to hold the ball up.

Let us see how we get on when we travel to S****horpe United etc where we are expected to win.

We are only 1 target man and 1 pacy winger away from being a decent play-off contender side.

BCAGFC

3 out of the 4 away games at the start of the season would have been classed as against PROMOTION contenders

In the 3 games we have lost away we so nearly got the result we deserved, just lacking a target man to hold the ball up.

Let us see how we get on when we travel to S****horpe United etc where we are expected to win.

We are only 1 target man and 1 pacy winger away from being a decent play-off contender side.

BCAGFC

Good post.

Brooker will be available probably for the Port Vale away game.I know he's not a traditional target man but be does hold the ball up well and can score goals out of nothing.Showumni should also be fit hopefully for the Orient game on Tuesday and so things are looking better over the next few games.

Williams looks as if he could be a usefull pacy winger and when everyones available again I can him taking over from Cotterill.

Just a quickie the numbers at Tranny (haven't seen a figure but I'd guess about 300) actually exceeded what I expected, as even allowing for form the M6 on a Friday is a nightmare scenerio.

Disappointment for me is seeing home crowds drop from 13k + so quickly, though I can totally understand people not going money, results etc.

I read somewhere that the away attendance was 395, although it didnt look that many.Well done to all the fans that did make the trip especially after having one of the worst car journeys ever. I couldnt believe we got held up for nearly an hour on the way home and only moved about 3 miles in that time.

Just a quickie the numbers at Tranny (haven't seen a figure but I'd guess about 300) actually exceeded what I expected, as even allowing for form the M6 on a Friday is a nightmare scenerio.

Disappointment for me is seeing home crowds drop from 13k + so quickly, though I can totally understand people not going money, results etc.

Personally I would/have seen my club play at all levels; and its not just about the £40 odd cost either and certainly not the results; what has really got me is S.L`s my way or the highway attitude to us fans and his determination to keep this club going around in circles.

A forward step would be good, and don't give me that what about the debt, running costs etc; there are miniscule clubs (compared to us finiancally) passing us by daily; sorry but its ALL down to the engine driver not the poo on the wheels, as they say.

I read somewhere that the away attendance was 395, although it didnt look that many.Well done to all the fans that did make the trip especially after having one of the worst car journeys ever. I couldnt believe we got held up for nearly an hour on the way home and only moved about 3 miles in that time.

I was in the Main Stand and I can assure you it definately didn't look like 395 were in the City end, 250 maybe. Well done to all those who managed to make the long journey up on the M6 on a Friday night. (I can't really criticise as it was half an hour each way for me :) )

Anybody who seriously reckons they can judge how we will do this season against the backdrop of the opening 7 games and the events surrounding these games is lacking a chromosone or two in my opinion.

Does anyone honestly believe Johnson should come out with messages talking about achieving safety??? If he did that he'd be signing his own death warrant, particularly on here, where posters in their hordes would take great pleasure in lambasting the manager yet further than they do already!

Madger normally agree with most of your posts,however I have been there and seen to many times with city over a very long period,unfortunatly they are not at the races once again,Lambast me all you like this team will not go up top two, the results and performances show for themselves.

Johnson needs to sit down and really look in the mirror because this side with the players on show just aint good enough.

Guest Ralph Milne

Madger normally agree with most of your posts,however I have been there and seen to many times with city over a very long period,unfortunatly they are not at the races once again,Lambast me all you like this team will not go up top two, the results and performances show for themselves.

Johnson needs to sit down and really look in the mirror because this side with the players on show just aint good enough.

Yes but before the season not many predicted the top 2 did we? I think a playoff place at best for us this season although apart from forest i think this is a very average division.

I think his point was fair- 4 lost and we are only in early September, we can probably only afford to lose 5 more out of 39 games remaining if we are serious about top 2.

Now 5 out of 39 looks like one hell of a task when you consider we've already lost the 4 out of 7!!! :disapointed2se:

We have seen from last season that things can turn around pretty quickly, GJ was bottom of the table at one point and then finished strongly. So i agree that you can,t make a complete judgement as yet, BUT you have to admit from what we have seen so far, things look a little bleak, certainly not as rosy as we thought things may look after 7 games. Given that we finished so strongly at the end of last season and given that it appears we have only strengthened the squad in places (cotterill transfer apart), it was only natrual and fairly so that we should have expected to make a better start than we have. There should have been no reason why we should,t have carried on where we left off last season...Just like Nottm Forest have.

There appears to have been a number of dodgy team selections and tactical changes made by GJ, and from what we have seen so far things don,t look that great, its not awaful, but it certainly is not as good as the end of last season, or good enough to make the play-offs, at present. Maybe things will turn around, but why they should have to turn around in the first place is the sole reason for why questions are being asked of GJ, and so its fair to comment that maybe they wont.

Mistakes have in my opinion already cost us a number of points, and i have to say i feel a fair amount of the blame for that, falls at GJ,s feet. This will be a very tight league this season, and defeats such as those at home to blackpool, through poor managerial decisions may be very costly. I agree defeats like that always happen at some point, but as yet i have not seen enough positives in GJ,s managment to suggest that more will NOT follow.

Yes but before the season not many predicted the top 2 did we? I think a playoff place at best for us this season although apart from forest i think this is a very average division.

I think you are wrong there my friend, most pundits predicted forest and us,most manager question in the division did not argue with it.

forest are going for it far play to them with a MANAGER that has been there five minutes,us well the results don't lie do they.

The team and manager are at sixs and sevens.

We have seen from last season that things can turn around pretty quickly, GJ was bottom of the table at one point and then finished strongly. So i agree that you can,t make a complete judgement as yet, BUT you have to admit from what we have seen so far, things look a little bleak, certainly not as rosy as we thought things may look after 7 games. Given that we finished so strongly at the end of last season and given that it appears we have only strengthened the squad in places (cotterill transfer apart), it was only natrual and fairly so that we should have expected to make a better start than we have. There should have been no reason why we should,t have carried on where we left off last season...Just like Nottm Forest have.

There appears to have been a number of dodgy team selections and tactical changes made by GJ, and from what we have seen so far things don,t look that great, its not awaful, but it certainly is not as good as the end of last season, or good enough to make the play-offs, at present. Maybe things will turn around, but why they should have to turn around in the first place is the sole reason for why questions are being asked of GJ, and so its fair to comment that maybe they wont.

Mistakes have in my opinion already cost us a number of points, and i have to say i feel a fair amount of the blame for that, falls at GJ,s feet. This will be a very tight league this season, and defeats such as those at home to blackpool, through poor managerial decisions may be very costly. I agree defeats like that always happen at some point, but as yet i have not seen enough positives in GJ,s managment to suggest that more will NOT follow.

excellent post

Very realistic post RMD. We haven't looked like giving anyone a pasting yet have we? Even Northampton (who were probably the poorest side we have met) had a lot of chances.

Very realistic post RMD. We haven't looked like giving anyone a pasting yet have we? Even Northampton (who were probably the poorest side we have met) had a lot of chances.

I have to agree, there was nothing to get too excited about at Northampton (i thought they were appaling), but you cant knock the second half given that we had ten men (although without cotterill in that game i doubt we would have won). They did also miss two great point blank chances.

We just look ok at them moment, and i,m simply not convinced that we will get much better given what we have seen so far. Hope i,m wrong.

Now just remind me how games Tinnion had at the start of last season :whistle:

Archived