IGNORED

Jevons Or Stewart ?

scrumpybcfc1897

I really cant see what all the fuss is with Jevons. He certainly aint good enough for the Championship, if we make it there (And by God we SHOULD be getting players of that standard, if we mean to survive there). Hes a competant lower league player, and absolutely nothing to shout about. End of.

Stewart was a championship player, but didnt do it for us. and costing City a bomb to scorte for another rival in the division!! :ranting::ranting::ranting: End of.

To be frank neither going would be a major loss for City.

Brooker and A N Other is what we need, NOT those two. Brooks is badly missed right now.

Sorry Stewart lovers & Jevons lovers. :)

Jevons will prove you wrong.

As for the original question, both are great players.

But the sum of the individual parts does not always constitute a good team by themselves, you need a bit of luck, confidence, strong management and vision.

Its unwise to write Jevons off just yet. As for lending a player to a club in the same league, this is quite common in the premiership. To see Yeovil do so well may be a bit iof a suprise for Johnson, but its no big deal.

Was Marcus in town that night??????

Think about what you say before you print Sarah.

No he wasn't and there was a drinking culture at this club long before we signed Marcus. I don't know why Sarah feels the need to direct so much bile at MS.

By the way Sarah, Jevons will score a hatful of goals once Brooker is back. Just thought it needed saying. :razz:

That wasn't the question Sarah, I will take it one bit further who was there?

and you must know why I'm asking you that?

What has that night got to do with the Marcus Stewart argument?!?!?

You accused of Marcus being the ring leader of the drinking culture at City, then it was pointed out to you MS wasnt even there on that night, hardly the actions of a so called ring leader. :whistle:

That night has nothing to do with this thread so kindly get back to topic and do not use it as an excuse to get at someone who loves the club and always gives his best. Thank you.

Who do you love more Sarah-Jevons or Brooker? or both at the same time :blush:

For the last time i do not love Phil Jevons!! So the answer to that question will be obvious.

Sorry Sarah, got to disagree with you about Stewarts fitness.

HE WAS BY FAR THE FITTEST IN THE CLUB, a comment backed up by management and players.

Sorry....

Thats ok you don't have to agree with what i say ;)

Are you talking about M Stewart then ?. Steve Brookers from Milton Keynes isnt he? why would he love this club ?

Steve Brooker is actually from Newport Pagnall just up the road from Milton Keynes and i can guarantee he feels more for this club than Marcus Stewart ever did or does.

At a time when poor Phil is low on confidence, discovering that you don't love him could be the last straw. :disapointed2se:

Ha ha well i do love him just not in that way ;) Anyone who pulls on that red shirt and gives 100% gets my support.

Your posts are becoming absurd Sarah, Marcus Stewart has supported this football club all his life.

Yeah right!! If so why did he take the complete p*** out the club when he was given the chance to play for us?

Yeah right!! If so why did he take the complete p*** out the club when he was given the chance to play for us?

I'm sorry Sarah, but its nigh on impossible to hold a sensible conversation with you about this.

Are you saying he isn't a Bristol City fan? and just this once, please answer my question, and tell me when he has taken the p*** (as you call it)?

I'm sorry Sarah, but its nigh on impossible to hold a sensible conversation with you about this.

Are you saying he isn't a Bristol City fan? and just this once, please answer my question, and tell me when he has taken the p*** (as you call it)?

Ok i don't care what you say he was overweight and lazy wouldn't run for anything, Was quite happy to sit on the bench and pick up his six grand a week or whatever riddiculous wage he was getting paid . He created a bad atmosphere in the team and i could just tell Brooks didn't like partnering him up front.

Marcus Stewart aint worth a conversation he has gone get over it.

Ok i don't care what you say he was overweight and lazy wouldn't run for anything, Was quite happy to sit on the bench and pick up his six grand a week or whatever riddiculous wage he was getting paid . He created a bad atmosphere in the team and i could just tell Brooks didn't like partnering him up front.

I give up !

:doh::doh::doh:

Stewart was the fittest person at the club, always finished first in those long Brean beach runs in pre-season and was undobtedly right up there for fitness.

Your entitled not to be a fan of MS,thats your choice, but please don't post complete dross/lies to score points in a discussion.

I await your reply, I'm sure it will be another pearl of wisdom :D

Stewart was the fittest person at the club, always finished first in those long Brean beach runs in pre-season and was undobtedly right up there for fitness.

Your entitled not to be a fan of MS,thats your choice, but please don't post complete dross/lies to score points in a discussion.

I await your reply, I'm sure it will be another pearl of wisdom :D

You are just obv blind to what the man was like. Thats something i can't help.

You are just obv blind to what the man was like. Thats something i can't help.

Blind to what? facts!!

Why do you never answer the previous post? Stewart was one of the fittest in pre-season, I appologise if that FACT doesnt fit in with your Stewart bashing :yawn:

As previously stated its nigh on impossible to hold a sensible conversation with you about this.

Stewart was one of the fittest in pre-season,

I have to agree with this. Whilst I'm soooo bored with reading MS threads (yes, i realise the irony of posting about MS when I've made such a comment), I'm prepared to back up your claims that Stewart did indeed look in shape pre-season. He looked as though he'd lost weight, toned up & played well in the odd reserve game I saw him in.

Its not as simple as that.

they are both good players, Stewart has had a great career and is still an excellent footballer, his time with us hasn't worked out, bit of his fault, bit of the manager's.

It's history now. Let's move on.

Jevons represents our future in the championship, he is capable of scoring plenty of goals and helping us turn in to a competant championship side.

Well said young man! :clapping:

Now lets all get behind Gary and the boys on our march to the promised land! :banana:

Now lets all get behind Gary and the boys on our march to the promised land! :banana:

But that would mean supporting the team as a whole rather than certain individual players - you would have to get behind everybody selected in the 16 rather than having a nice whipping boy like Jevons or Lee Johnson or Basso to slag off each week - I'll tell you now - it will never happen!!

Mike, I don't think the question is fair.

Stewart over the years has been an excellent player who did nothing in the shirt of the club he supports. jevons hasnt set the gate alight but he is a City player while MS stated he would 'not play for City again unless there was a change of manager'.

We need to support Jevons as I cannot see MS playing for City again.

but at the moment Jevons just doesn't look like scoring, and surely he was brought in to score goals, how much longer can he stay in the side if he's not scoring? I know at the moment we haven't got ant other choice

Jevons will prove you wrong.

As for the original question, both are great players.

But the sum of the individual parts does not always constitute a good team by themselves, you need a bit of luck, confidence, strong management and vision.

Its unwise to write Jevons off just yet. As for lending a player to a club in the same league, this is quite common in the premiership. To see Yeovil do so well may be a bit iof a suprise for Johnson, but its no big deal.

I don't reckon he'll prove me wrong re the Championship.

As to loaning a player to a rival. don't see Manure, Chelsi and the Arse lending each other players do you? ;)

Yep :banana:

Blind to what? facts!!

Why do you never answer the previous post? Stewart was one of the fittest in pre-season, I appologise if that FACT doesnt fit in with your Stewart bashing :yawn:

As previously stated its nigh on impossible to hold a sensible conversation with you about this.

If Marcus Stewart would have come to our club and give his best then i would be agreeing with you. Just because he could run in pre season training doesn't make him THE MAN thats what you do on the pitch and he never did bugger all on there.

Archived