IGNORED

Loan Signings

Guest Red to the world

Guest Red to the world

Something wrong somewhere - I am not saying these clubs have loaned in a genius but by the standard of our loan signings they are streets ahead - Yeovil ( again ) Oldham, Port Vale - they are getting players in who have actually started for the first team in a division above us ( albeit only a couple of times ).

Can't be the geography as Yeovil is only 40 miles away.

Any other suggestions as to why we are so far behind ??

Something wrong somewhere - I am not saying these clubs have loaned in a genius but by the standard of our loan signings they are streets ahead - Yeovil ( again ) Oldham, Port Vale - they are getting players in who have actually started for the first team in a division above us ( albeit only a couple of times ).

Our manager?

If our manager has a reputation as me a tough cookie and difficult to get on with, why would any decent loan player want to sign?

There got to be something like that being touted about amongst agents.

Cranie has some links to Yeovil, parents live there I think or not far from.

But the others aren't bad especially Gregan to Oldham, although he previously played for Preston which isn't a million miles from Oldham.

What? You do know Barry Corr played a number of games in the Championship last season?

Gregan is a good player, the others are not much more experienced than ours.

Guest Red to the world

Our manager?

If our manager has a reputation as me a tough cookie and difficult to get on with, why would any decent loan player want to sign?

There got to be something like that being touted about amongst agents.

Got it in one Arnie - like I said something ( or someone ) wrong somewhere !

how many of them have signed strikers??? :dunno:

Even Danny Wilson's BCFC regime managed to sign Mark Robins on loan. Mark Robins was sheer class and a Mark Robins type older ex-Premiership striker is exactly the type of player we need now to lead the attack.

Speaking of Danny Wilson, I saw a story not long ago about a loan striker involving him;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6110770.stm

If we could get him, Boyd would be a good player for us. Proven at this level.

On a slightly different note, it seems only now that Wilson has the opinion that 'going back' is not a good option!

Guest Red to the world

Even Danny Wilson's BCFC regime managed to sign Mark Robins on loan. Mark Robins was sheer class and a Mark Robins type older ex-Premiership striker is exactly the type of player we need now to lead the attack.

Agree with that RG - he was a great acquisition - just the sort we need now !

Archived