IGNORED

Closing The Gap

Guest wilbo

There seem's to be a gap opening up at the top,we have got to keep in the pack.Christmas time will tell alot about where this club's going to be by april.Still think we are short of fire power up front.

Strange post considering we are ONE point off of 2nd place. The gap with Forest is a worry but that can be reduced by 3 points if we beat them at AG. Also they are yet to go through a real bad patch as we did early season.

I doubt S****horpe will be there come May as Sharpe and Keogh will be gone in the January window.

Strange post considering we are ONE point off of 2nd place. The gap with Forest is a worry but that can be reduced by 3 points if we beat them at AG. Also they are yet to go through a real bad patch as we did early season.

I doubt S****horpe will be there come May as Sharpe and Keogh will be gone in the January window.

No we are 2 points off 2nd and 8points behind forest ;)

There seem's to be a gap opening up at the top,we have got to keep in the pack.Christmas time will tell alot about where this club's going to be by april.Still think we are short of fire power up front.

With our home form as it is currently there is not much chance of us losing ground on the top.

Also with Carey back next game I don't expect us to concede many goals.

I will be very surprised if we are not in the top 3 come January. But who knows.

With Enoch and Brooker back, the crisis up front seems to be over. To be fair, the rest of the team have been chipping in with goals too. I thought Brooker (who often takes a few games to get back into things after an injury) looked good today and for me Enoch was our most dangerous player. Swansea didn't know how to handle him because he could jump, hold the ball up and run at them.

We look great at home, confidence is high, the injury crisis is over, and GJ and the board are looking to strengthen in the January window. I think we look in great shape for promotion at the moment.

Listening to the Swansea fans as I left the ground, I overheard some of them talking about how we looked quality and were easily the best team they'd played apart from Notts Forest this season.

Do'es it really matter how many points behind Forest we are?

Its PROMOTION that counts, and not spending another SEASON in this crap Divsion.

To many teams who not so long ago teams we thought were easy(Colchester Southend,Preston to name a few) have gone past us

its time that City caught up, so COME ON YOU REDS !!!!!

With Enoch and Brooker back, the crisis up front seems to be over. To be fair, the rest of the team have been chipping in with goals too. I thought Brooker (who often takes a few games to get back into things after an injury) looked good today and for me Enoch was our most dangerous player. Swansea didn't know how to handle him because he could jump, hold the ball up and run at them.

We look great at home, confidence is high, the injury crisis is over, and GJ and the board are looking to strengthen in the January window. I think we look in great shape for promotion at the moment.

Listening to the Swansea fans as I left the ground, I overheard some of them talking about how we looked quality and were easily the best team they'd played apart from Notts Forest this season.

Away form has been City's Achillies this season but hopefully todays result will instill some confidence and belief into the squad and from now they can kick-on with confidence. Its about transferring the home confidence to away games.

No we are 2 points off 2nd and 8points behind forest ;)
Sorry I was looking at Tranmeres points. Still though 2 points is nothing. And like I said we have to play forest at home and also they haven't had a bad spell yet and every team has a bad spell during the season.

The next six league games will give us a great oppitunity to consolidate our place in the top 6 if we can perform at our best.

we have winnable home games against Carlisle, Millwall, Bournemouth and Port Vale to come before the new year (and transfer window).

plus with only two away trips, one to Rotherham (potentially very tricky) and Cheltenham (a bit less so) we could be in an excelent position come January 1st, which will only help us persuade the likes of Grant Holt and other potential recruits that we're a team worth joining.

and if i was you i'd forget forest's lead, i have a feeling that it will dissapear around january time. they have to face Tranmere (H), Oldham (A), Carlisle (A), Yeovil (H) and Swansea (A), all within the space of 22 days! now thats what i call a punishing run! even some forest fans aren't convinced at their potential to storm ahead, even with the lead they already have. a quote from a forest fan on the 606 message boards;

"Could be the reverse of last season instead of storming ahead from now where it's dropping like the lead balloon into the relegation fight."

it'll be interesting to see how their 6 point 'gap' holds up between now and their 'month-of-death' in january, cause if they slip up much before then it could be that the trees fan above might be on to something...

so cheer up people, the futures bright!

Guest OmegaSnake
The next six league games will give us a great oppitunity to consolidate our place in the top 6 if we can perform at our best.

we have winnable home games against Carlisle, Millwall, Bournemouth and Port Vale to come before the new year (and transfer window).

plus with only two away trips, one to Rotherham (potentially very tricky) and Cheltenham (a bit less so) we could be in an excelent position come January 1st, which will only help us persuade the likes of Grant Holt and other potential recruits that we're a team worth joining.

and if i was you i'd forget forest's lead, i have a feeling that it will dissapear around january time. they have to face Tranmere (H), Oldham (A), Carlisle (A), Yeovil (H) and Swansea (A), all within the space of 22 days! now thats what i call a punishing run! even some forest fans aren't convinced at their potential to storm ahead, even with the lead they already have. a quote from a forest fan on the 606 message boards;

"Could be the reverse of last season instead of storming ahead from now where it's dropping like the lead balloon into the relegation fight."

it'll be interesting to see how their 6 point 'gap' holds up between now and their 'month-of-death' in january, cause if they slip up much before then it could be that the trees fan above might be on to something...

so cheer up people, the futures bright!

Very good point, i can see us winning all of those 6 games, exept perhaps rotherham away, as they've done very well providing they were on -10 at the begining of the season, if they wasn't deducted those 10 points they would be just outside the playoffs. Forest have some tough games coming up.

Archived