IGNORED

Marc Goodfellow

Reds

When Aaron Brown was stretchered off last night, Danny Wilson was forced to put Marc Goodfellow on the left wing, which I thought he had a ruddy good time in that position being he is naturally left footed and almost scored a peach of a goal. :blush:

If it weren't for Aaron, do you think Danny would put Marc on the left from the start :dunno:

When Aaron Brown was stretchered off last night, Danny Wilson was forced to put Marc Goodfellow on the left wing, which I thought he had a ruddy good time in that position being he is naturally left footed and almost scored a peach of a goal.  :blush:

If it weren't for Aaron, do you think Danny would put Marc on the left from the start  :dunno:

yep.. i've been saying we should start goodfellow on the left wing

and he should really go and make that position his own :D

I think Freezer will be playing now that Aaron is probably out for the rest of the season. However as to his performance last night I think he wimped out of a few challenges and his finish when through was diabolical; I simply could not believe he screwed the shot wide from that position. I'm not saying it would have been a certain goal but please can't a professional simply put it on target from there???

The problem is that Freezer doesn't have the physical presence of Brown.He's basically lightweight and struggles to combat larger,stronger players effectively.

Brown does alot of back tracking and often wins the ball breaking up the oppositions attacks.He had been doing that very effectively until he was injured last night.

Goodfellow will score more goals than Brown but what the team gain on the one hand they lose on the other.

I don't see G'fellow as the natural replacement for Brown at all.

Who'd be a manager?

I thought when Goodfellow came on Roberts seemed to improve. Goodfellow looked out of it for long periods, and seemed ages before his first touch. All the play seemed to be directed up through Roberts. I guess the other players aren't yet used to Goodfellow playing in that position!

Did anyone notice. 

The best cross he delivered last night from the left was hit with his right foot.

I did.peach of a cross.Players are still gettin used to him and were favouring Roberts.Needed to take his chance right footed,easy to pull it cross yrself like he did.

Freezers ok.he's already got us a few points this season,right place right time.Good instinct to have! ;)

Guest Dolman Moaner

I thought he contributed very little.

As others have said he looks lightweight, seeming unable to perform a basic tackle.

He is obviously very quick, but I wonder what we have bought to be honest.

He did show me one thing though, how much we are going to miss Aaron.

I think given a little time we won't miss arron. Goodfellow is Physically weaker, but i highly doubt Goodfellow could even if he tried bottle as many 50/50 challenges as Brown does. Hill is more than capable of dealing with anything that Freezer allows through, much the same as he can when brown bottles a challenge and allows the player through. We wont miss the aaron that played in the three games before Friday, as he was naff, his crossing was abysmal, couldn't beat players, but he was good before he went off on Friday, and we will miss that aaron brown.

However as we all know brown is the most inconsistant player we have, so even Goodfellow playing consistantly slighty worse than brown will be more of an asset than brown who is occasionaly Brilliant, Mostly average and occasionally dismal.

Guest Dolman Moaner

To Spud 55,

Goodfellow won't bottle any challenges, because he never makes any !

What summary would you use to reflect his performance on Friday ?

Guest bemmyred

I cant remember Mark Gavin having the physical presence to defend . His job was to supply the ammo to the strikers with smudger .

With plenty of success as I remember!!

He was ok, but missed an absolute sitter. Was not as good as aaron was, but was not bad, got into good positions, put in 1 good cross which is more than aaron seems to have managed in the last couple of home games. Goodfellow made few challenges, but in the past he has made challenges, and won them, while brown has continually Bottled challenges. The Brentford game when he got sent off last season seems to have adversly affected browns challenging, he has bottled many more challenges since he nearly destroyed both of sonkos legs with that appaling challenge.

The fact remains Brown is incredibly inconsistant, and a consistant player playing slightly worse would be more of an asset.

Guest billybob

Goodfellow has no bottle and is a lightweight. he was responsible for the goal conceded against Wycombe and those 2 points could be very costly indeed. When he turned up Aaron Brown could put himself about and put in some great crosses. He will be missed.

Goodfellow has no bottle and is a lightweight. he was responsible for the goal conceded against Wycombe and those 2 points could be very costly indeed. When he turned up Aaron Brown could put himself about and put in some great crosses. He will be missed.
Of course we'll miss Aaron, but Goodfellow is a pretty good replacement. He is more than capable of scoring goals, is quick and can put in quality crosses - him and Roberts gave us some good options against rushden.

Give him a chance, he probably won't go missing in games as much as Aaron did.

Archived