IGNORED

21,203 Today! Not Bad

old_man_terry

Guest MaloneFM

Well having been sat in the East End with Mrs Malone the only 'singing' was the opera bloke at the start and BRIIIISTOL BRIIIISTOL now and again. Lot of cheering when something happened and SSSHHHH everytime a penalty kick was due to happen.

Yes it was full and there was beer all over the place but generally apart from the scoring bits it was generally not much different noisewise than yesterday. And there were a hell of a lot more people there.

plus they were able to drink beer at their seats......boooo!!!

good atmosphere alround the ground, shows you don't always need the east end, just people who are willing to sing, plus they could do it, SAT DOWN

E.E closed then was it :disapointed2se: or was it just for away fans :disapointed2se: do not believe they were sat ,for long; was the netting up :dunno: fencing :dunno: stirer :yes:

Have to say the crowd and ground looked and sounded fantastic today on Sky, nice to see the Gate full up! shame it can never happen for football!

Totally different spectator at rugby.

I went to PC World and Currys this afternoon to see what I could get for the wife. I got a pack of vacuum bags, which I thought was a fair swap ;)

But seriously, both shops were packed with Bristol and Bath rugby fans going about their "sales" shopping, oblivious to one another.How often would you see City and Millwall fans browsing through the vacuum cleaner department?

Both sets of supporters wore their colours, which I thought was very brave. Blue in South Bristol?!! No Henry Lloyd or Burberry decked 14 year olds, and, further more, it's the first time I noticed the retail car park was free of riot vans. although there was a hint of trouble, when the local off licence ran out of Pimms.

So the choice is: full house at rugby or half empty at City.

There is no choice, there is only one team in Bristol, and we wear red.

Guest CTID Ryback
E.E closed then was it :disapointed2se: or was it just for away fans :disapointed2se: do not believe they were sat ,for long; was the netting up :dunno: fencing :dunno: stirer :yes:

Irrelevant!

Stop trying to turn every post on the forum into an EE post!

Get back in your sub forum!

Totally different spectator at rugby.

I went to PC World and Currys this afternoon to see what I could get for the wife. I got a pack of vacuum bags, which I thought was a fair swap ;)

But seriously, both shops were packed with Bristol and Bath rugby fans going about their "sales" shopping, oblivious to one another.How often would you see City and Millwall fans browsing through the vacuum cleaner department?

Both sets of supporters wore their colours, which I thought was very brave. Blue in South Bristol?!! No Henry Lloyd or Burberry decked 14 year olds, and, further more, it's the first time I noticed the retail car park was free of riot vans. although there was a hint of trouble, when the local off licence ran out of Pimms.

So the choice is: full house at rugby or half empty at City.

There is no choice, there is only one team in Bristol, and we wear red.

Another difference was the williams stand car park had about 5 different mobile bars, and it was £2.60 a pint which I thought was good for event bars. A lot more of a sporting atmopsphere in rugby, all fans mixing (and for a derby game!). Was rammed packed and enjoyed the game. No singing or chanting, but the roar when scoring was a different experience all togeather - no that was loud! I was in the East End also (Block C, away fans bit) and typical my luck Bristol did better the second half and all the action was up the other end. At least Bristol won though.

Must stay, it feels wrong to see Ashton gate blue!

I live by the ground and could hear the crowd. Plus watched it on SKY as I refused to pay the prices they were offering. Whilst watching the game I thought to myself, this could become a regular thing.

Everyone commentated on how well the pitch held up, but will it if it's played every other week? I know the drainage is much better at Ashton Gate than at the Memorial Ground, but I think changes will need to be made if Bristol Rugby moved in.

Also, will they get bigger crowds than us if they played every other week and stayed near the top of the Premiership? I jknow they won't get 21k every week, but they could potentially get 12k-15k.

MM

Have to say the crowd and ground looked and sounded fantastic today on Sky, nice to see the Gate full up! shame it can never happen for football!

Remember this was a Premiership game if City and R****s ever met in the Premiership (unlikely I know), do you not feel that AG would be sold out as well?

Remember this was a Premiership game if City and R****s ever met in the Premiership (unlikely I know), do you not feel that AG would be sold out as well?

problem is we will never fill the ground for a football game, what's the most we can get now? 19500? bloody police

Irrelevant!

Stop trying to turn every post on the forum into an EE post!

Get back in your sub forum!

Sit down shut up; :pacifier: I`ll say what I think not what I`m supposed to think if you don't like it shame; unless you are in fact a moddy :no: in which case ban me :dunno:

Well having been sat in the East End with Mrs Malone the only 'singing' was the opera bloke at the start and BRIIIISTOL BRIIIISTOL now and again. Lot of cheering when something happened and SSSHHHH everytime a penalty kick was due to happen.

Yes it was full and there was beer all over the place but generally apart from the scoring bits it was generally not much different noisewise than yesterday. And there were a hell of a lot more people there.

Rubbish what game were you at old man

Guest CTID Ryback
Sit down shut up; :pacifier: I`ll say what I think not what I`m supposed to think if you don't like it shame; unless you are in fact a moddy :no: in which case ban me :dunno:

I think you are missing the point.

I am not trying to tell you what you are supposed to think, I am asking you to stop trying to turn every thread into an EE thread. There is a sub forum for that subject and its getting a bit boring!

I am not a mod so cant ban you although even if I could I wouldnt! :tongue:

Guest cidersam

I was at the game yesterday and to be honest the atmosphere was not that good. By playing the game at the gate it killed the atmosphere in my opinion. Even though was a great result!

I watch Bristol Rugby whenever i can (obviously City always gets preference) and the atmosphere at the memorial stadium against gloucester when it was a 11,000 sell out was 4 times louder than what it was at the gate in front of 21,000.

All the fans who normally sing were all in different parts of the ground so it never really got going. small pockets will start but people around them wont sing. its the same at football. all the fans who like sinigng are all sat in different parts of the ground so its difficult to get any real singing going.

What a load of rubbish, the atmosphere was excellent today and shows what Ashton Gate would sound like if 3 sides of the ground joined in and sung from the same hymm sheet instead of small pockets singing different songs at the same which is a regular occurence.

I think you are missing the point.

I am not trying to tell you what you are supposed to think, I am asking you to stop trying to turn every thread into an EE thread. There is a sub forum for that subject and its getting a bit boring!

I am not a mod so cant ban you although even if I could I wouldnt! :tongue:

O.K fair enough, :shutup: was only replying to someone else who mentioned it first; and I know there is a sub forum :farmer:

Everyone commentated on how well the pitch held up, but will it if it's played every other week? I know the drainage is much better at Ashton Gate than at the Memorial Ground, but I think changes will need to be made if Bristol Rugby moved in.

The pitch did seem to hold up well, but seeing as we haven't had much rain the last week or so it's not such a shock. I'd hate to see it if it was a really wet pitch and rained all match. The odd game I'm not against, permanent fixtures I don't want to see even with better drainage.

Why is it that we can pack the stadium for a Rugby League game, but areas of the stadium are closed off for regular city games?

it's been since the millwall game few years back, they trashed the east end, after that the police said there had to be bigger segregation between home and away fans hence we can now only have around 19500 for football games.

The pitch did seem to hold up well, but seeing as we haven't had much rain the last week or so it's not such a shock. I'd hate to see it if it was a really wet pitch and rained all match. The odd game I'm not against, permanent fixtures I don't want to see even with better drainage.

I was at the game and worried about the pitch for sat. But what did a lot to ease my worry was the 8+ groundsmen with spades etc on the pitch less than 5mins after kick-off !!! Fair play to them.

Why is it that we can pack the stadium for a Rugby League game, but areas of the stadium are closed off for regular city games?

was not beer allowed on terraces oops seating as well :dunno:

welcome back where`s bin :farmer:

Archived