IGNORED

City V Rushden

Bristol Boy

Phillips 8/10 Superb save from Rodney Jack made it three points instead of one.

Carey 8/10 Solid defensive performance and drove forward to good effect all night.

Butler 7/10 More solid than of late and neede to be at times.

Coles 7/10 See Butler

Hill 7/10 Better coming forward which isn't his strong suit.Solid in defence.

Roberts 7/10 Wasteful at times and his crossing's not great but he was a threat and brought a great save from their keeper.

Doherty 6/10 Knackered after 50 minutes and that's a concern.Should have been subbed prior to getting injured.The last few games ahev seen a disappointing return to his earllier season form after I though hewas getting back to his best.Seems to have tailed off after the Wednesday game.

Tinnion 6/10 The zip in the pass isn't what it was and at 36 it's a indictment of City that he's by far our most influential player.

Brown 6/10 Causing problems up until the injury.He'll be a big loss.

Lita 6/10 Brave header for the goal but that miss before half time could have sewed up the game.Tired but the kid knows where the net is and he's got pace.

Peacock 6/10 Worked his socks off but he can't buy a goal at the moment and Miller should take his place against Oldham.

Goodfellow 4/10 Didn't get in the game enough, missed a sitter that CR set up and I'll worry if DW considers him an automatic replacement for Brown, particularly away.He's got it, but he makes Aaron seem consitent and like Tommy in the tackle.

Miller 6/10 Worked hard, didn't score, what's new.

Fortune 6/10 Class player in the making and needs to be in the first XI.

REVIEW

My complaints have been about our not killing sides off and that hasn't changed.We had 14 shots on target and 24 against Wycombe that produced two goals.

That's not good enough by a mile and we'll be exposed by the better sides.

We had enough posseson to win both games four times over.

Another two concerns have developed and they are:

a.Our central midfield running out of steam after 50/65 minutes.The most telling comment was from two guys behind me in the Dolman, who were working in Bristol but live in London and support Tottenham.

"Who are the two old guys in midfield!!"

They wouldn't believe me when I told them Tommy was 23/24.

b.Browns injury-It can't be helped and I think Wilson will play Goodfellow on the left against Oldham, but revert to Tinnion wide and Wilkshire and Tommy in midfield away.

Tinnion hasn't the pace, but he's good positionaly and will defend whereas Goodfellows useless in defence and a bit of a chicken in the tackle.

The only answer, short of a signing, is to change the formation to get Fortune into the team, possibly in midfield to support the defence.Burnells got a great engine and can win the ball but that's offset by the fact that he can't shoot, pass or score, so that is only OK if you're two or three up and you bring him on for Doc or Tins to close it out.

Read throught that twice and agree with the lot except I would be more critical of Tins who seems to have reached the end of the road.
Have to disagree. Had a quieter game than usual, but his fitness is as high as ever. My man of the season so far.

BS4

Guest Champagne Football

Very good review. I agree we definantly need a left and right winger to come in and cement places in the wake of Aaron Brown's injury. Goodfellow I don't think is up to the job being too lightweight but could be used in a cameo role if needs be.

Replacements aren't easy to come by looking at the squad so we may have to delve into the reserves. This includes giving Marvin, Hawkins and other players their chance to shine, they may lack experience but they will sure have the endeavour. Reverting to Tinnion and Wilkshire on the flanks could make our team very stale, we need some vitality into the team and that includes bringing in the pacy skillful youngsters who will want to impress.

Archived