IGNORED

The Next Two Weeks

Bristol Boy

Even without the two cup games, the next two weeks could see some vital results effecting us at the top of the table.

I've highlighted the games involving our competition for promotion and, depending on results, we could be a point off the leadership and above early season leaders & favourites, Forest, by 5pm Saturday.

Saturday, 13 January 2007

Blackpool v Port Vale

Bradford v Swansea

Bristol City v Tranmere

Gillingham v Doncaster

Nottm Forest v Yeovil

S****horpe v Oldham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 16 January 2007

Cheltenham v S****horpe

Tranmere v Crewe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, 19 January 2007

Tranmere v Bradford

Saturday, 20 January 2007

Doncaster v S****horpe

Leyton Orient v Blackpool

Oldham v Bristol City

Swansea v Nottm Forest

Yeovil v Brentford

Lots of six pointers and this period highlights the need for strengthening our squad.

With adequate cover in Goal, Defence & Central midfield only, the moves that GJ makes over the next two weeks are now needed to strengthen the squad at a key time.

By the 24th of Jan, it is possible that City will still be fighting on three fronts-JPT,FA CUP & LEAGUE ONE or on only one.Either way, and the financial implications are considerable, I don't believe that the current squad can cope particularly with suspensions looming from key players.

It would be great to see those signings (at least two quality players) here by the time we take on Coventry or at worst Oldham.I think it'll be later, if at all and that'll see us involved in the mad scramble of the final week of the Transfer Window.

With our current squad and no additions, I believe that our best hope will be the lottery of the play offs and a JPT Final win.

Is that enough or will the holy grail of promotion to the Chamionship be the only acheivement that satisfies the AG faithfull?

Over to you :city::city::city:

Archived