IGNORED

Craig Woodman

exiledinwatford

I think it was clear once JMc settled in at left back that Woody would only get in due to injuries/suspensions and even then Fontaine has been preferred. I wonder why he hasn't been given a game or two wide left which is our problem position inhabited at various times (with varying success) by Enoch, Brownie, JMW and Cole Skuse? If I was CW (with a young family) I would see my options being very limited and would have been working on my game in the last few months trying to stake a claim for that slot.

He's not slow, has a good attitude and a very good left foot which would deliver many more decent crosses that any of the other incumbents. I appreciate he wouldn't be too much of an attacking threat (Van Persie he ain't) but Wilson thought enough of his potential to play him there in a certain game in our history.

IMO he would be better than Cole Skuse (no offence to the dependable Skuse who would be in my team in midfield!).

Woody for left wing?????????? :dunno:

Well, we tried it at York in the Cup, I was told he did ok and we came home with a 1-0 win.

Certainly with a spell of difficult away games coming up I think it is a viable option to try away from AG, particularly with some (though not me) seeing Enoch as pretty poor defensively when he plays there. At home however I think we need something more adventurous than effectively one left back playing in front of another.

With McAllister on 9 bookings the clearest indicator to Craig's future will be if he steps in when Jamie McA is suspended, I'd expect.

I still don't believe a bloke who could do the job both home and away is quite as difficult to find as some are making out, though.

Guest Bobo Dave

Fairly obviously - depends if we get promoted or not.

If we do, some players may get short term deals in "covering" roles, covering more experienced players that will probably get brought in.

If we don't, GJ may have to opt to keep the bulk of the current squad as SL won't won't to splash too much cash on another year in this league.

Therefore, nothing will get done until the summer. I would expect that GJ has told the individual players whats what etc.

Archived