IGNORED

Right Winger Needed

Bristol Boy

Given AB's serious misfortune and the fact that DW signed a left winger in Goodfellow, now is the time to go and get a "Scott Murray" play alike, if not the man himself, for the last ten game push.

After a decent showing particularly in the second half and Lita's youth, CR may find himself alongside Lee Miller up front, I still don't think he's full value on the wing.That having been said, he's better than Wilkshire, who'll probably be needed in central midfield as TD & BT fade.

Six weeks ago, DW was telling us that he was looking for a loan central midfielder and I don't think anyone on here feels that a goalscorer would go amiss.

It's ten games to earn an extra million next year in sponsorship money alone, plus all the bigger attendances at AG.

DW needs to get this right and the signings were needed four weeks ago, never mind now!

Given AB's serious misfortune and the fact that DW signed a left winger in Goodfellow, now is the time to go and get a "Scott Murray" play alike, if not the man himself, for the last ten game push.

After a decent showing particularly in the second half and Lita's youth, CR may find himself alongside Lee Miller up front, I still don't think he's full value on the wing.That having been said, he's better than Wilkshire, who'll probably be needed in central midfield as TD & BT fade.

Six weeks ago, DW was telling us that he was looking for a loan central midfielder and I don't think anyone on here feels that a goalscorer would go amiss.

It's ten games to earn an extra million next year in sponsorship money alone, plus all the bigger attendances at AG.

DW needs to get this right and the signings were needed four weeks ago, never mind now!

excuse my ignorance but I thought Goodfellow was left footed? And Scott Murray played on the right!!!!

I'd go with that. I personally think Robbo will be very good on the wing, but we need him upfront to get some goals, if Lita can't do the business, then it will have to be up to robbo.

A goalscorer would be nice, but who is going to be available at this time in the season ?

Guest duncan james

still say that we should play chris roberts as an attacking midfielder

when we signed him i was chatting with an exeter supporter who said that was his best position

he can play up front but exeter got the best out of him from midfield

Excellent point about a Murray "playalike" - that is undoubtedly a weapon we miss this year. I think Christian Roberts can perform that role admirably, certainly better than any of the other players currently at the club - remember the winner against Mansfield last season for a start ?

Other than that, I am genuinely worried that I agree with Bristol Boy... first time for everything I suppose ;)

Aye buy more more more!! No matter City have bought 3 new players this season, throw more money into the transfer pit in a desperate attempt to get promotion.

£3,000,000 in debt already, lets make it 4, shall we? AND no guarantee of getting th epoints because:

a) no guaratee a player in that position is available for the price City can afford

b) no guarantee DW will play him in the right position (past experience)

c) the Board has already given DW money to strengthen the squad, and here we are saying its not enough.

d) no guarantee the player bought will fit into the team, new area, new style in the ten or so games left.

e) no guarantee the new player doesn't get a broken leg first game he plays.

So what then? BUY ANOTHER!!

Smacks a little of panic.

Can you say with certainty that DW will buy success? So far it looks like, according to the panic postings recently, he hasn't.

I think we ought to rely on the current squad and hope th emanager brings out the best in them. I don't think there's money around to buy anyone else.

Guest Lympstone1

There as goal scoring pacy right winger all ready at the club - Darren Hawkins - returned today from 3 month loan at Bath and ready to go.

Probably will rot in reserves now though or go out on loan again knowing DW

Other than that, I am genuinely worried that I agree with Bristol Boy... first time for everything I suppose  ;)

I had a similarly worrying response to another of his posts :D:(:(

I know the Murray situation has been done to death over the season, but I can't help feeling that IF (and it's a big if) he was available on loan until the end of the season, it would be the perfect move for everyone.

He's popular with the players and would slot straight into the team and give them a huge boost.

He's popular with the fans and would create a really positive buzz.

It would TERRIFY Argyle, QPR and Swindon.

Unfortunately, he's a Reading player, and if they don't want to let him go we can hope all we like. But I think that the return of Scott Murray could give us a huge boost, both on the field and in everybody's heads!

Aye buy more more more!!  No matter City have bought 3 new players this season, throw more money into the transfer pit in a desperate attempt to get promotion.

£3,000,000 in debt already, lets make it 4, shall we?  AND no guarantee of getting th epoints because:

a) no guaratee a player in that position is available for the price City can afford

b) no guarantee DW will play him in the right position (past experience)

c) the Board has already given DW money to strengthen the squad, and here we are saying its not enough.

d) no guarantee the player bought will fit into the team, new area, new style in the ten or so games left.

e) no guarantee the new player doesn't get a broken leg first game he plays.

So what then?  BUY ANOTHER!! 

Smacks a little of panic.

Can you say with certainty that DW will buy success?  So far it looks like, according to the panic postings recently, he hasn't.

I think we ought to rely on the current squad and hope th emanager brings out the best in them.  I don't think there's money around to buy anyone else.

I didn't mention buy.

Loan them for the next two months.

The cost of that is far less than the cost of failure.

a.Another season in this poxy division.

b.Better players wanting to leave or on Bosmans (11 out of contract-still).

c.Watch the debt increase with less season ticket sales and lower attendances at the Gate.

d.I agree about DW's previous failures but, like people keep telling me, he's the manager and the only bloke who can do it, not you or I.

e.Now that AB's out for the season and TD'S got a knee problem, do you want to see JB make a comeback in midfield ;)

I'd like to see Joe Burnell brought back into the squad, but don't think he's ready to start one of the two central midfield places yet, with 3 or 4 ahead of him at the moment.

As mentioned already Goodfellow is left footed and will fit into Aaron's place, but the question is who is going to play on the right?

* Wilkshire is a CENTRE midfielder

* Marvin Brown and Darren Hawkins are probably too inexperienced for the job, though I would like to see them given a half each against Oldham in that position.

* Roberts is a FORWARD, and this was proven last season when he was our second top goalscorer

* This only leaves one other option, a loan signing, someone with experience, a decent cross when they get to the byline and will score the occassional goal. There are plenty out there who aren't playing first team football at premiership and first division level, and would love to come to a club in second position in the league, big club with good crowds.

Apart from Scott Murray, who i'd love to see come back, who else would you like for us to sign on loan on the right hand side of midfield?

Here's mine, Nicky Summerbee, any thoughts?

Considering he is supposed to be a left footer, Goodfellow does appear to favour his right foot.

He has scored a couple of goals with his right foot (don't think he has scored with his left).

On Friday for the chance for he missed, he switched the ball to shoot with his right foot and the only cross he delivered from the left was with his right foot.

hmmm we have let me see one rightsided midfielder at the club right now, in the form of Hawkins.  has he ever played?

Give him a run out for at least a half next game, if he ain't up to it he ain't, but at least give him a try.

seems like Hawkins picked up and injury playing for the reserves today - so may not be an option for a bit!

I'd like to see Joe Burnell brought back into the squad, but don't think he's ready to start one of the two central midfield places yet, with 3 or 4 ahead of him at the moment.

As mentioned already Goodfellow is left footed and will fit into Aaron's place, but the question is who is going to play on the right?

* Wilkshire is a CENTRE midfielder

* Marvin Brown and Darren Hawkins are probably too inexperienced for the job, though I would like to see them given a half each against Oldham in that position.

* Roberts is a FORWARD, and this was proven last season when he was our second top goalscorer

* This only leaves one other option, a loan signing, someone with experience, a decent cross when they get to the byline and will score the occassional goal. There are plenty out there who aren't playing first team football at premiership and first division level, and would love to come to a club in second position in the league, big club with good crowds.

Apart from Scott Murray, who i'd love to see come back, who else would you like for us to sign on loan on the right hand side of midfield?

Here's mine, Nicky Summerbee, any thoughts?

Jeez, I was takin the p***, you cannot be serious: Burnell, back in midfield????!!!!!

No 'kin way!!!

Summerbee, give him a shout....

Archived