IGNORED

Aaron Brown

Guest Cider Red Sam

Guest Cider Red Sam

I'm not a huge fan of Aaron Brown, but I don't dislike him either. And for the record, I would have sold him for 500k or whatever it was a couple of seasons back. What really annoys me is the stick he gets from City fans at the matches. OK, its fair enough if you slag him off when speaking to your mates in the pub, but at the match what he needs is encouragement, not critism.

eg, he takes it round 2 players, gets to the byline and puts in a poor cross. Next thing you know, you see loads of people get out of there seets and start throwing there arms about, shouting "your ######* ###### Aaron, you don't deserve to wear the shirt," etc etc. I think its a disgrace. Then, if Goodfellow does exactly the same thing, everyone just does a little groan, and thats it.

So, I suggest to those fans who criticise DW over not giving players such as Hulbert and Clist a fair chance just because "he doesn't like them anymore", they take a long hard look at themeselves and see whether they themselves are doing the same thing with Aaron Brown, or anybody else for that matter

Both Roberts and Brown get a lot of unnecesary stick.

Then again so do a number of other players.

Players that have receieved stick so far this season:

Philips

Carey

Butler

Coles (not as much)

Roberts

Wilkshire

Doherty

A. Brown

Burnell

Peacock

Miller

Stowell

There probably are more but I can't be bothered to go on....

Taz, if you think the stick meted out to all those you've listed is in any way comparable to what Christian and (to a lesser extent) Aaron get then you are sadly mistaken. Most players will get stick for individual acts of incompetence. With Roberts and Brown the stick from a depressing number of people starts as soon as they get the ball.

No, didn't mean it like that. You are correct, both Brown and Roberts receive the most stick. However my point is that there are not a lot of players that do escape "a bit of stick".

Face it, a lot of City fans are just natural born moaners ;)

Guest westoncider

The trouble with aaran is that one game he,s absolutely brill then the next terrible. its consistancy the fans want more than anything else.I just hope he recovers sooner rather than later from his broken leg.I think all city supporters would wish him a speedy recovery.

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Aaron even got stick when being strechered off on friday. As he was being carried round the side of the pitch some #### shouted at him 'Your ##*p anyway' I couldn't believe my ears espacially as he had just broken his ankle.

Never ceases to amaze me that both Roberts and Aaron get abuse hurled at them from so called city fans even before they have kicked the ball. I sit in the Williams and there are a couple of guys there who are having a go at Roberts even before the game starts, and Aaron the minute he does something they don't think is perfect.

Now never seen em do that to Tinman!

Sometimes I think it is because they are closest to the stand as they operate on the wing and have to confess you do notice their mistakes more than others. But the abuse levelled at Roberts is definately racist and Aaron I dunno, they just seem to think he's rubbish, then when he does something brilliant their response is - bet he won't do that again?????

Guest Georgeformbygrill
Both Roberts and Brown get a lot of unnecesary stick.

Then again so do a number of other players.

Players that have receieved stick so far this season:

Philips

Carey

Butler

Coles (not as much)

Roberts

Wilkshire

Doherty

A. Brown

Burnell

Peacock

Miller

Stowell

There probably are more but I can't be bothered to go on....

All players r going to get a bit of stick at some point in the season. It's just that most of the stick is aimed at A.Brown and Roberts.

Guest little un
Aaron even got stick when being strechered off on friday. As he was being carried round the side of the pitch some #### shouted at him 'Your ##*p anyway' I couldn't believe my ears espacially as he had just broken his ankle.
Some City fans would have taken offence. This "fan" was lucky not to have had a stretcher brought on for him! Who are these t"""s! Yet another assist from Aaron - great goal from Leroy Lita. Get behind the team and support whoever wears the shirt.

Never ceases to amaze me that both Roberts and Aaron get abuse hurled at them from so called city fans even before they have kicked the ball.  I sit in the Williams and there are a couple of guys there who are having a go at Roberts even before the game starts, and Aaron the minute he does something they don't think is perfect.

Now never seen em do that to Tinman!

Friday 12th March Versus Rushdon and Diamonds: 1st half:-

Roberts shoots for goal- hits scoreboard above east end. Result: Jeers and derision from all parts of ground.

No more than 10 minutes later, your super hero Tinnion shoots for goal, same sort of range-hits scoreboard above east end.Result: gentle applause and a rendition of the awful Tinman is a ######## something or other...

Well said bobby ;)

Archived