IGNORED

Finnish player on trial at Bristol City

Guest poopoo

Hello and greetings from Finland!

According to local media FC Haka's Toni Lehtinen will spend the rest of the week on trial at City. According to same story Lehtinen will play today in the training match. It would be great if some of you could give me some information how Toni is doing there!

Hello and greetings from Finland!

According to local media FC Haka's Toni Lehtinen will spend the rest of the week on trial at City. According to same story Lehtinen will play today in the training match. It would be great if some of you could give me some information how Toni is doing there!

just out of interested, what position does he play?

just out of interested, what position does he play?

He is a striker. Lehtinen has played 80 matches in Finnish Premier League (called Veikkausliiga) and scored 28 goals. Still quite young player (22 yo). Difficult to say is he good enough for City, but I hope so. It would be great to see Finnish player in League 1 and hopefully next year in Championship :clapping:

Height, weight & style?

Height: 184 cm (about 6 feet)

Weight: ~80 kg (about 12.5 stone)

Style: In my opinion maybe too soft for English football, hopefully he proves that I was wrong!

Lehtinen has played some international matches and was chosen as a best debutant player in the Finnish Premier League in 2004. He played in Peterborough like 4-5 years ago.

Guest Deej-Legend

Style: In my opinion maybe too soft for English football, hopefully he proves that I was wrong!

Lehtinen has played some international matches and was chosen as a best debutant player in the Finnish Premier League in 2004. He played in Peterborough like 4-5 years ago.

he actually used to be on the books of peterbrough from 2001. not sure when he left, but when he used to be the hallowed Championship Manager 2001/2002, his stats looked alright.hope he does alright.

Deej-Legend

I speak Finnish, but I'm not sure about my English skills!

The story says, that Lehtinen has shaked off his injured thigh and is heading on Tuesday to be tested by Bristol City.

Lehtinen says: "in the morning I didn't feel any pain in the thigh, so I can travel with confident mind."

Lehtinen has already been twice on trial in Germany, so he is used to travel.

And he continues: "I will travel on Tuesday and on Wednesday I will play in the training match. During the other days I will just train and I will be back in Finland on Sunday"

I hope you at least understood the main points....

I really appreciate if you can post here if you hear some news how he is doing there!

what we really want to know is, does he have pace?

I've looked on Champ Man and he's not on there. There's an Anthoni Lehtinen, but no Toni Lehtinen. Why isn't Toni Lehtinen on there...? I found the same problem with Tony Rougier..... :noexpression: :ermm:

Anywhoooooo.... You've heard more than me... I didn't even know he was on trial. Haven't seen anything on the official site, so unless we sign him, i doubt we'll be able to update you at all i'm afraid.

I believe the Finnish guy we were linked with early in GJ's time was released by Cardiff and was a central midfielder called Koskela.

Na, it wasn't toni Koskela, it was a definately a striker. i may be getting my scandinavian countries mixed up, i think the guy i'm thinking of was icelandic now.

Last post to this topic, at least for a while. According to Finnish media Lehtinen is coming back to Finland sooner than planned.

The news say that the planned reserve match between Bristol City and Plymouth was postponed due to bad weather. Lehtinen trained once with the reserve team and since the team management wanted to see Toni in the real action it is possible that Toni will come back to Bristol in the future.

Bad luck, it would have been great to see if he is good enough :angry:

Archived