IGNORED

Lee Mathews

Guest westoncider

Guest westoncider

What are your views on the possibilty of LM returning to the gate for the push for promotion . Who would he partner,LP, LM , LL ;):D:(:( ???????????????????????????????????????

Guest dez_gimred

in response to the 'cidered or sinner' phrase...

thats pathetic...he obv loves to play football and get paid for it...totally irrelevant who he plays for...

as for the chance of him coming to help us win promotion...i think rovers are more his standard!

You can't slate Matthews for wanting to play 1st team football and I don't blame him at all for going on loan to the Gas.

Its an arrangement that suits all three parties, Matthews himself,Rovers and City.If he gets fit and stays fit then he could come back to City in good shape and press for a new contract.

We all know that he's a very capable player when he's fit and could do a job next season for City,but he needs to prove his fitness before anyone will look at him.So why not try and get fit at the Gas? and let them pick up his wage bill.

Matthews is a footballer and wants to play football. He has been unlucky at City with injuries and I feel sorry for him. I don't think he quite makes the grade but remember that his goals per game ratio for us is superb and he will always be remembered for important goals against Rovers, Cardiff, Millwall, Reading and Swanea to name a few.

I was hoping he would get a few goals at Rovers (but them still lose!).

He'll obviously be gone at the end of the season but I wish him all the best. He came here and did his best and is now trying to make a career for himself elsewhere. Good luck to him.

As for this season- can't see him coming back at all. Peacock, Miller, Lita, Roberts, Marvin are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

I would like to think, however, that we have a clause somewhere in the loan deal that states that we CAN recall him at 24 hours notice if need be. Just incase.

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

The fact is he hasn't scored 4 the gas yet and there in the 3rd divison! But i suppose theres no harm in trying him.

Guest westoncider

As a proffesional footballer for city i think that when fit , LEE MATHEWS has aquitted himself well & scored some important goals for us.Obviously at the dark side the service to him has been pathetic ,but he,s still managed to achieve motm performances.In a better team he will score & i would welcome him back .

Yeh, I'd welcome him back but not sure he'd get in our team at the moment - I think when he did play he worked well with Peacock. Hope he stays fit and scores a few for the gas but can't see him being with us in Div 1 next year ;)

A FULLY fit Lee Matthews would walk into most teams in the 1st Division let alone ours. He's had terrible luck with injuries throughout his career but if turning out for the saddo's helps him gain some fitness then so be it. He should & will be welcomed back regardless of who he's been playing for!

He's was a legend as soon as that Pen against Millwall hit the back of the net!!!

Guest nobby

just afew points about lee matthews.personally i couldnt give a toss about him going to play for those muppets in horfield,but as i have been led to beleve, city are paying most of his wages while he is in gas land,why do you think the rovers kept him even though he was injured?because it was costing them next to sod all!!!!secondly, i do not understand why people feel sorry for him over his injuries.the fact is,he is injury prone because he is unfit&he is unfit because he drinks and eats to mutch.at cardiff he was behind me in the que for a burger,and at chesterfield i saw him coming out of the chip shop!!!!!the bloke has done himself no favours with his lifestyle so i find it hard to feel sorry for him when hes brought most of these injuries on himself. dont get me wrong, i do rate matthews and hes always given 100%out on the pitch,i just dont think hes done the same off of it.

There are some players who just are injury prone and really a club is taking a huge gamble on buying him. Personally I think City wasted their money but hey, no risk no gain. I've never been impressed with Matthews - excpet maybe on how he put on weight from one game I saw him to the next - and frankly he's an overweight waste of time and money. He'll always get injured, as to why I don't know but somehow surely somebody in the game must have SOME idea and take him aside and have a word with him.

Archived