IGNORED

Can Anyone Help Me Win A Tenner ?

Guest puzzledbantam

Guest puzzledbantam

I stand to win a tenner, if anyone can provide me with the answer to the following question....

Bradford City played Bristol City in the q/f of the league cup, season 1988/1989.

You beat us 1-0 (thanks) but I need to know who scored for the Robins, was it Carl Shutt or Joe Jordan (Both of whom also played for L**ds !!)

Please someone put me out of my misery

Guest lilciderhed
Can't remember - but got the programme at home - will have a look.
Are'nt programmes pre match magazines?

I can't remember anything except the number of coaches and cars we took caused great traffic jams that evening. I had just got in and squeezed myself so i could see ( i'm not very tall) and then we scored really early, but can't remember who. I just remember that i had travelled for hours to get there in the traffic and now all I wanted was the match to end! It was one of the most fantastic atmospheres ever.

I remember looking round the stadium and thinking of the people who had lost their lives in the fire there. Bit like when i went to Hillsborough in that respect.

I stand to win a tenner, if anyone can provide me with the answer to the following question....

Bradford City played Bristol City in the q/f of the league cup, season 1988/1989.

You beat us 1-0 (thanks) but I need to know who scored for the Robins, was it Carl Shutt or Joe Jordan (Both of whom also played for L**ds !!)

Please someone put me out of my misery

Check out CityStats goodly bantam

alan walsh after 2 minutes then you battered us for 88 without scoring the best atmosphere ive ever been in.

Hell yes.

TERRY COOPER'S RED'N'WHITE ARMY!

(Repeat at unfeasibly deafening volume for an hour) :sport18:

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken
Are'nt programmes  pre match magazines?
So he would just go and find a programme after the date it was played.

Come on Chris thought better of you.

Yes yes, but I always bought the prematch programme with the score and scorers in for the match about to be played.

Bit of a mental block on that one I'm afarid. YesI did have later programmes, and yes a certain Alan Walsh, of shuffle fame!

Guest lilciderhed
So he would just go and find a programme after the date it was played.

Come on Chris thought better of you.

But he said he had the programme for that match.

Thought a boy of your intelect would have spotted that query!

what a night that was, hoofing it out over the stands after 10 mins, 3000 packed to the rafters in a small away end, peering trough peoples shoulders, those were the days.

One of my favourite nights supporting the city, mental.

Archived