IGNORED

Stewards......

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

I'm going to stick my neck out on this one, and say i don't think the stewarding is all that bad and they are more or less in a lose, lose situation.

People stand up so they tell them to sit down, people get abusive back so the stewards use forceful talking to try and get them to sit down (better then physically throwing them out, which they are well within their rights to do) its their job to do this afterall. They put up with a lot of abuse, we ask for them to tell people to sit down so we can keep the stand, they do and get abuse for it, but still do it. Fair play i say, takes a lot of self-motivation and courage to go into a group of fans and ask them to sit down even after receieving abuse and all sorts.

Ok sometimes they can be a lil off the mark and go over the top. But give them their due they are always reccommending to open it again and we should thank them for that, i know for sure if i was one of them who got abuse week in week out at my job, i would refuse to do it. They take loads of abuse if the tell people to sit down and if they don't they get complaints on here saying stewards didn't help.

Thought i would just give themn a little bit of praise as afterall if they all decided they weren't going to take it anymore they could get the club to close it.

Guest BCFC Matt

Yes i completely agree.

Of course your going to get isolated situations with trouble, but from what ive seen in all the games, the main perpetrators are the fans trying to wind-up the stewards!

I also agree.

People NEED to act responsibly in EVERY part of the ground. Stadium regulations don't end because you are in the East End. The club still have to act in whatever way to make sure they satisfy football league and local authorities.

eg- No persistent standing

no running at fences when we score

no kicking or climbing on fences at any point.

Also- while possibly not going to get you chucked out- incessant goading of away fans in pointless and makes authorities uneasy.

Guest Filton Red

Just a quick (and and call me silly) question ;), but are the stewards at Ashton Gate paid or volunteers? Only ask as if they're volunteers, they are only there as they want to be, and for the love of doing it.

Its the same with me and my motor racing marshalling at Castle Combe, we're all volunteers, and do it for the love of the sport (yes we're mad and we wear those orange overalls, but you do get to wave flags, clear up crashes, and start the races...)

Just wondering if anyone knows...

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Stewards get paid for doing the job, not a huge amount and i certainly wouldn't do their job for the pay they are on.

The problem with the east end is that it is not a proper stand in that it wasn't built for seating, but terracing that has had plastic seats put on it in a rush job to comply with the all seater ruling.

Because of this the view suffers and therefore people stand more to get a better view .

Obviously there are people who will use this as an excuse because many people would prefer to stand.

In my view the East end would be safer as terracing until it is rebuilt but unfortunately this wont happen! :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

Yea, the Stewards have to target the fans at the front of the stand who stand up which means people behind satnd up. At the moment its just directed at the Back block!

Archived