IGNORED

Worst Players To Play In A City Shirt

city nut

Following on from Northern Cider-Dude's post on the worst ever transfers. Who have been the worst players to play in a city shirt.

Mine are

1. Clemens Zwijnenberg on loan from Aalborg 97/98

2. Lorenzo Pinamonte

3. Kayode Odejayi

4. Carl Hutchings - had potential little more

5. Neil Heaney on loan from man city 97/98

6. Steve Jones (under Pulis got better in his last season)

7. Gerard Lavin

8. Bo Anderson - Peter Schmeichel replacement in the danish sqaud? ;) Yeah right!!!

9. Sean Dyche - Plagued by injures so he was a little unfortunate

10. Vilmos Sebok

Guest westoncider

The only problem with LAVIN was , he spent more time fighting his assault charge than playing football <must be something about coming from MILLWALL> :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Guest BCFC Matt

Gerard was unlucky in his time here.

If it hadnt been for that Reading incident, I'm sure we'd still have him, he wouldnt look out of place in the team and would of been challenging Louis for the Rb slot.

one thing i remember well was Pinamontes goal at Norwih last season. i think you our being hard on him. he was a good player in my view just could not settle in england, sebok was realy bad, someone Steve Phillips might kno very well for that backpass againest wolves remember that. Dyche was unfortunate because of injurys if we kept him for another season he could have done the good for us. Bo Anderson was he really Schmichaels reserve omg.

Clemens Zwijenberg, Whos he ;) never heard of him.

my dad tells me that a player called Glenn Pennyfather was realy bad for city but i was only 4. but i will let you have your views on that

Following on from Northern Cider-Dude's post on the worst ever transfers. Who have been the worst players to play in a city shirt.
Mine would be the Whittom Friary (village near Frome - play in the 99/2000 shirt) Sunday League team :P

Guest nobby

zwjeinberg was an absolute clown,closely followed by carl hutchings and neil heaney,who benny signed without even seeing him play from what i remember. oh ive just thourght of another legend.......stig johansen,signed under ward on loan from sothampton,he was tipping the scales atleast3stone to mutch!!!! ;):cool:

Guest Northern Cider-Dude

Steve Jones was shocking....how much did he cost us again? way too much whatever it was

only thing i seen him do that deserved any recognition was when he hit the bar with a header against qpr in div1. a few seasons back....thinkin about it though, it probably would have been easier for him to score

Guest nobby

i beleve tony clueless spent just £500 000 of our cash on the tanned one,cheap as chips!!!!! he was atrocious wen he first came,though i did admire him for getting back into the team after loosing loadsa weight,but he was still pretty ####

Gus Ceasar anyone, christ he was awful and to think Arsenal fans had a song about him.

Ralph Milne, thank you Fergie for buying this tart.

Ian Baird, not the brightest idea to stick two fingers up at your own fans.

Marvellous Marvin Harriot, I think he's playing skittles now.

Brian Mitchell, arse.

Trevor Morgan, every time he ran the earth shook.

Junior Bent, should have been a sprinter in Athletics.

Ray Atteveld, £250,000 pound bag of poo, Cracking o.g at Millwall though.

Carl Hutchings, another tart.

Ian Brown, why??????

Ian Baird-####

Gus Caesar-no wonder he ended up at Airdrie

Richard Dryden-would be outjumped by a "short-arse"

Henry McKop - ;)

Brian Mitchell-Wasnt this the plank picked by Denis Smith ahead of Andy Llewelyn?

Glenn Pennyfather- Slow and docile looking

Dwayne "Dibbley" Plummer :cool:

Garry Stanley-We used to blame him even when he left :cool:

Guest nobby

domonic barkley,sean mcarthy,martin kuhl,mark lever,harpal singh,neil maddison? any takers!!! david howells was pretty poo aswel though i think he was playing with a broken ankle and broken ribs during his short stay,and he did score a belter on his debut against port vale

Guest Congresbury_Red

Liam "unlucky" Robinson

Remember being at Notts County when Robinson and Baird were playing upfront TOGETHER!

During the warm up, they must have had a dozen "practise" shots each and only hit the target once between them. Said everything.

Cashley gave us nightmares when he broke into the first team. He then developped though from the worst to one of the best players in that mid 70s team.

Presumably the 1927(?) relegation team had some bad players in it as they had such poor results.

Can't argue with most mentioned earlier so I'll add the following players to the Hall of Shame:

Gary Emmanuel

John Palmer

John Kerr

Les Carter

I'm sure there are plenty more from our slide down from Div 1.

Liam Robinson. Hmmmm

That Welsh Fella - Christian.................Edwards :P

Henry Mckop. Zimbabwe "international"

Scott Mcgarvey

Paul Milsom. Got sent off at Stoke once. Didnt do a lot else.

Marvin Harriott

Ian "Two Fingers" Baird

Dominic Barclay

Dwayne Plummer

Colin Loss

Rod Mcaree - for God's sake Osman. What WERE you thinking

Abdul Kamara - early season trialist circa 93/94

Craig "Billy Big Time" Fagan

Bo Anderson

Vegard Hansen

Ralph Milne. Although speaking to a Man U mate of mine, they still sing about him and he made the top 100 EVER Man Utd players list a few years ago. Who says United fans dont have a sense of irony!!

And I'm too young to remember him, but didnt the wonderfully named Forbes Phillipston-Masters play for us once?

jan moller  ian baird  ralph milne  and the gas barsteward beadle.
Jan Moller!!!!! Worst Players To Play In A City Shirt :blink: are you off your head man!!!! He is in my list of all time class players in a city shirt. I rate him better than SP any day of the week.

How many Sweden caps did Jan Moller have fair few i think and while playing for city if i remember correctly.

Archived