IGNORED

Back with the Best

Guest iWurzel

Guest iWurzel

Evening All

It's been 3 years since I last had a season ticket with Bristol City, and tonight was the first time I've been to Ashton Gate since we played Hartlepool in the playoff semi-final of 2004.

No, I'm not a fair-weather or glory-hunting person, but without going into my life story, football was an aspect of my life which I couldn't financially sustain, so I needed to take some time out.

Next season, regardless of promotion or anything else, I'm getting a season ticket, and intend to keep it that way for life. Tonight I realised what I'd been missing for the last three years and I'm desparate to be back in to it.

I also used to be a heavy poster on this forum, but that also stopped when I was no longer going to games. So, I also intend to keep posting here regularly and become part of the community once more.

BRISTOL CITY UNTIL I DIE

:englandsmile4wf:

Guest DIZZYRED

welcome back :clapping:

I'm addicted to football i was only brought along with a friend in 1997 now I'm stuck and I'm a season ticket holder and have been ever since and my footy comes before anything job and dearly beloved which is not always a good thing but I'm here till i die now

:chant6ez:YOU REDSSSSSS !!!

Guest iWurzel

Thanks guys, I think it's a good time too, like I say, not planned but sometimes that's the way it goes. People who may say rubbish about being a fair weather fan are wide of the mark, I've slogged it out with the best of them, 200 mile round trips to away games in the pouring rain, 0-0 home draws against crappy teams, it's all part of our beautiful game if you ask me.

:chant6ez:

And as for the dearley beloved, I'm trying to incorporate her. I took her tonight to her first City game since Stoke in the Auto Windscreens Sheild Final '01 and she liked it so much she said she will get a ST with me next season :clapping:

Welcome back!

I too, am a lapsed season ticket holder (had one for 7 years), I've not had a season ticket for 2 seasons.

My cirumstances were, 'I've paid in, I'm not sure it's value-for-money-for-me - in so much that I have, for work reasons, always missed more games that it makes value.' type supporter.

That's not to say however, that I've not been to as many games as possible in the intermin, in fact, last season I got to more games (home and away) than usual, but for me, it's a cheaper way to watch my football.

I've kept up my City2000 membership for example, and I try and support the other fundraising schemes they operate.

I will be buying a season ticket next year as well - come what may - I'm fed up with the shambolic ticketing arrangments, the fact they ignor 'gold' sholders (who invested at least 10k at the last open share issue) and the fact that unless you sign up year-after-year, you are a second class supporter.

Although the ticketing for 'Boro game might suggest otherwise - as I belive Season Ticket holders should be first, regardless of the situation.

I love my football club, I'm sad to say though, it doesn't love me.

If the only way I can feel part of it is by spending money, then that's what I'll do;

I can't beat them at their ticketing game, instead, I'll pay the money and look big.

Amen to everyone.

Bristol.

Guest iWurzel

That's a good post Bristol Rob, at a mere 20 I'm not quite this down on my club's love for me at present, but you're certainly not the first I've heard say exactly the same thing.

It's funny, it took a cold, harsh Tuesday night in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy to make me realise what I'd missed! Funny old game isn't it :laugh:

Evening All

It's been 3 years since I last had a season ticket with Bristol City, and tonight was the first time I've been to Ashton Gate since we played Hartlepool in the playoff semi-final of 2004.

No, I'm not a fair-weather or glory-hunting person, but without going into my life story, football was an aspect of my life which I couldn't financially sustain, so I needed to take some time out.

Next season, regardless of promotion or anything else, I'm getting a season ticket, and intend to keep it that way for life. Tonight I realised what I'd been missing for the last three years and I'm desparate to be back in to it.

I also used to be a heavy poster on this forum, but that also stopped when I was no longer going to games. So, I also intend to keep posting here regularly and become part of the community once more.

BRISTOL CITY UNTIL I DIE

:englandsmile4wf:

Welcome back Ferny.

A lot has happend in 2 years so we need to know where you stand on major iquestions that have affected / are affecting the club.

1. Danny Wilson's sacking - good decision or bad decision?

2. Brian Tinnion - just unlucky or a poor manager( or both)?

3. Marcus Stewart - is he regretting leaving AG now he only gets to front non-descript police action programmes ( or is that Alastair Stewart)?

4. Should the East End be reopened?

5. Was last seasons away kit one of the worst we've ever had?

6. Does Steve Lansdowne have more money than sense?

7. Is Gary Johnson the Messiah or just a Cockaney wide boy?

8. Enoch Showunmi - is he a legend in the making?

9. With a good agent could Dolly carve out a showbiz career as a gubbins juggler?

10. Foam hands - just good fun, or proof that the NHS now does plastic surgery on the cheap?

Archived