IGNORED

Please Help

JudgeRed

I can remember a programme seller by the name of Oscar in the 1980's when we were in Divisions 1,2,3, and 4. He use to sell programmes for the City/Rovers each week he was a smashing lad who had learning difficultys. He use to put so much time and effert in to selling the programmes each game.

I was wondering where he is now.

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing the other week. Although he sold programmes at the Gate I think he was a big Rovers fan.

I think he may have had cerebal palsy. My mate who is a Rovers fan has not seen him for a good few years now.

Guest N1 Jim

I remember him well.

He used to wander around the pitch with programme held a loft. Some of the crueller old blokes in the enclosure would call his name every time he was looking the other way and there was a time when people would hold up their programme ala Oscar and cheer.

He would take it all in his stride as was obviously used to having the (I tried to say a naughty word) ripped out of him.

Still at least u could get a programme without queueing and he was a part of the Ashton Gate experience when you could stand, swear and sing throughout the game.

Happy memories.

Gone all nostalgic now.

Yeah saw him down Eastville a few times as well. Sure he supported both red and blue. People used to do that you know.

Archived