IGNORED

These Look Nice

edson

£12.50??  Didn't they used to cost a tenner??  Geez, now that's inflation for you, and we haven't even had the budget delivered yet.....

;)

They did, prior to them going into a shop where there are staff to pay, VAT to pay etc. etc.

As I have mentioned before:

Originally, we were going to sell them at £12 ourselves (as we did with the El Motor shirts, initially), but we decided that dealing with change was too much hassle, when trying to sell them on the street. It significantly cut into the profits, but as we didn't have many overheads, we decided to go for £10.

Obviously, when we were selling them outside the ground, we didn't have staff costs (Tom was unpaid!), shop running costs and VAT to pay. The club have to cover all these things with the price they are selling them at.

£12.50 for a heavy cotton long-sleeved shirt is still remarkably good value and I doubt if you will find a similar type of shirt with printing on front and back for cheaper.

Cheers.

£12.50 for a heavy cotton long-sleeved shirt is still remarkably good value and I doubt if you will find a similar type of shirt with printing on front and back for cheaper.

Apart of course for the equally excellent Brian Tinnion testimonial t shirt, available from the same outlet for a tenner (thanks to not having to pay VAT etc).

Apart of course for the equally excellent Brian Tinnion testimonial  t shirt, available from the same outlet for  a tenner (thanks to not having to pay VAT etc).

£12.50 for a heavy cotton long-sleeved shirt

You want to read the small print, you do.

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

£12.50 for a heavy cotton long-sleeved shirt

You want to read the small print, you do.

So if i were to cut the sleeves down, i could get it cheaper?

You might want to sort the lettering out on the Miller one. 

If you look at it from a distance it looks like it says 'Killer'. 

From a distance?

It's an image on a computer screen. Have you considered pulling your chair up a bit closer?

Pardon me if this has been covered previously but at my age the memory starts (!) to go - have you an Ashton Eight Greats to honour our saviours. Jaki was a hero but they are legends.
No, we haven't...... yet.

They are both really good, can't see how 'Miller' reads 'Killer' though myself.

Just out of interest why were Tommy & Lee chosen ? Was there a vote? Did you get lots of requests for these players ( in that case where is my Mick...oh you know the rest :blink: ) Did the players themselves fancy seeing their faces on peoples chests???

Just out of interest why were Tommy & Lee chosen ? Was there a vote? Did you get lots of requests for these players ( in that case where is my Mick...oh you know the rest :blink:  ) Did the players themselves fancy seeing their faces on peoples chests???

Tommy was chosen because he's popular and he's one of the few players with a song specific to him, which made a decent t-shirt slogan (other than Tins, but he already has his testimonial t-shirt, so that ruled him out).

Miller was chosen because we think he's popular with the fans (well, we hope he is!), he's almost certainly going to be here next season and his squad number is unlikely to change. Lee has seen the design and likes it very much, though I have to admit, I don't know if it was the attraction of having his face on people's chests that was the main attraction!

Having said that, this is only the start of the player specific t-shirt range and, depending on the success of these, we'll be providing other shirts depicting other current players. Not only that, but we will also look to provide other designs too, as I have had pm's suggesting several ideas, which we will put forward for consideration in due course.

As for good old Mickey... I don't think we'll be doing a t-shirt for him, as another website seems to have beaten us to it:

benchwarmer.jpg

Archived