IGNORED

The Penguin?

Guest malaggro

Guest malaggro

Does anyone know what has happened to The Penguin?

He was an old bloke from Weston. He appearred mentally handicapped, about 5ft tall, used to wear a suit with either wellie boots or football boots, travelled to all away games on the infamous CATS coach number 1, had serious trouble speaking, all in all dealt a pretty dodgy hand.

I would imagine he is probably in a home these days or sadly dead. Any ideas?

I last saw him early-mid 90's.

Regards

Malaggro. :blink:

• Admin

I know the guy you mean, he used to be on the Weston bus to City games.

I'nm sorry to say, but I'm sure he passed away a good year or so ago.

Maybe someone can clarify this, but I'm 99% certain he is not with us anymore

Guest jay-76

His name was Mick, and yes he passed away a few years ago, he loved city, the only game he used to miss was when they turned the lights on in Blackpool! :blink:

Didn't know you called him Penguin but can understand why. We always called him F.A. cup for other obvious reason(s). Sorry to hear of his passing.

My abiding memory of him was in the Frankley services near Brum. There was about three C.A.T.s coaches on the way to Preston for a league game when the services were "invaded" by inebriated sadsags in cars and mini busses on their way to Shrewsbury for an F.A. Cup game.

Most of the C.A.T.s regulars were back on the coaches but a few of us decided to remain outside with Beryl and the stewards while a few stragglers made their way back.

While waiting, the bravest of the blue few decided to advance with much posticulating between the coach's, whilst we looked on with growing anxiety at their seemingly unstopable charge.

You can only imagine our relief when their advance party was halted in their tracks by our aforementioned hero, while only a half coach lengths from us, with an insparational display of(previously unknown) finger gestures, from the superior position of the aisle of a coach.

This attracted the attention of the leader of the blue few and filled him with such fear he led his shocked troops in a ramshackle retreat past the rear of the coaches, harried all the way by our hero, allowing us and our stragglers to board our coaches.

But our hero's exploits didn't end there , defending our rear as we exited through the blue masses, with newly invented ordanance of Barnes Wallis proportions.

A true CITY HERO Mallaggro.

Guest KingswoodRed

May I just ask if he used to stand in the old Open End at home games, with one, sometimes two mates?

Always had a plastic bag on him, short black hair?

Would like to know as I always used to see him, and he always seemed to stand close to me way back when.

Brings back some happy memories of standing in the Open End, and I would be sad to hear if it was him.

Cheers.

Guest malaggro
May I just ask if he used to stand in the old Open End at home games, with one, sometimes two mates?

Always had a plastic bag on him, short black hair?

Would like to know as I always used to see him, and he always seemed to stand close to me way back when.

Brings back some happy memories of standing in the Open End, and I would be sad to hear if it was him.

Cheers.

Yeah you got him. Used to stand just around the corner as the Park End became the Enclosure ( near where cars, ambulances etc enter the ground)

:blink:

Guest KingswoodRed
Yeah you got him. Used to stand just around the corner as the Park End became the Enclosure ( near where cars, ambulances etc enter the ground)

Thanks for getting back.

I guess he'll always be a memory for me in the Open End, and I must admit I now feel pretty sad at him passing. Here's hoping he is now resting in peace, where every BCFC game is a victory.

RIP me ole fellow 'Open Ender' :Wave: :Party12:

Guest malaggro

Thanks for getting back.

I guess he'll always be a memory for me in the Open End, and I must admit I now feel pretty sad at him passing. Here's hoping he is now resting in peace, where every BCFC game is a victory.

RIP me ole fellow 'Open Ender' :Wave:  :Party12:

I sure he's looking down and smiling about the City and us daft buggers typing about him. He's probably still got the old football boots on! :clap:

RIP

:blink:

I AM IMPRESSED THAT SO MANY REMEMBER "THE PENGUIN" AND HOPE THAT HE IS IN SOME FOOTBALL STADIA IN THE SKY DOING WHAT HE LOVED MOST OF ALL.WE ON THE YELLOW SUB WILL DEDICATE THE YELLOW MARIGOLD SWINDON TRIP IN THE MEMORY OF HIM.

YOURS RESPECTFULLY MIDLAND RED.

:blink: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :clap:

Archived