IGNORED

Egil Ostenstad

gater2

Neither of them are the finisher, fox in the box type we need, but its the sort of loan we should be looking for -  theres no point saying 'oh, but theyd never want to join US !'  because there are plenty of ex- premiership players who HAVE dropped down to Div 2

Why cant WE get one of them for a change ?

Luke Wilkshire :blink:

Guest westoncider

We can only dream of getting players of that quality.DANNY please give their agents a ring cos you never know???? :Mixed9: :Mixed9:

Guest whitey_03
He's just been released by Rangers after an unsuccessful spell there, but like Dean Sturridge he would kill in div 2. DW must get on the phone to one of these two strikers in my opinion.
I hope this is a windup, believe me he is the worst striker you could get.

Having watched him most of this season he isnt any better than what youve got, and would only come to end up not playing & claiming money in wages which he doesnt deserve. He scored TWO goals in his spell at Rangers, against Forfar & St Johnstone in the CIS cup. He looks absolutely murder believe me, and i think he would be lucky to score in your divison on his current form.

I was the same as you were when Rangers signed him, i was quietly confident he would score us a few goals against the poorer league teams, but honestly he couldnt score in a brothel with a £50 note tied to his ****!!

This could be a very bad move is the powers at City decide to go for him!!

He's just been released by Rangers after an unsuccessful spell there, but like Dean Sturridge he would kill in div 2. DW must get on the phone to one of these two strikers in my opinion.

That's because success and Rangers don't go together :blink:

Guest whitey_03
That's because success and Rangers don't go together  :blink:
this season mate id tend to agree with you, but lets be honest he didnt look like scoring, and he had chances when he played.

If you are looking for a striker, you should try and get Steven MacLean of S****hrope. He is a Rangers striker onloan to S****hrope until the end of the season, but Alex McLeish doesnt seem interested in giving him a chance up here.

He has scored something like 18/19 goals in the space of 6 months, and he has also been out with injury aswell!

He is seriously worth a look at! But Ostenstad is a big big no no

Guest butterflybairn

take it from another scottish football supporter - ostenstaad is a joke, you do not want him. He is basically just a figure of ridicule in the scottish press- lots of pointing and laughing at him.

I read an interview last week with Ostenstadt in which he said he was going to take a two month break before deciding if he wanted to carry on playing football at all, hardly strikes you as someone with the required desire does it?

For the last time Sturridge is injured, his one month loan at Sheff U lasted ten minutes before he did his hamstring but that was cost effective for a month's Prem wages, then.

It's loads easier to suggest names than find the right one, Craig Fagan was ridiculed during his month here but had just scored in five consecutive Premiership reserve games when he signed for us, Robins was brilliant for us but is now injured again and will be out for months.

I'd love to see us add 2 players before next week's deadline but there's no point in adding to the wage bill for the sake of it.

Hollowhead and Andy King seem to easily replace injured and suspended players with loanees.

Even Brighton replaced one expired loan player with a similar loan goal scorer seemingly overnight.

With City it seems to be a torturous process. We needed a couple of loan players before Aaron and Doherty got injured, now we definitely do.

The "big squad" has been reduced notably this season and it would be dangerous to assume that our recent bad luck with injuries has run its full course.

Hollowhead and Andy King seem to easily replace injured and suspended players with loanees.

Even Brighton replaced one expired loan player with a similar loan goal scorer seemingly overnight.

With City it seems to be a torturous process. We needed a couple of loan players before Aaron and Doherty got injured, now we definitely do.

The "big squad" has been reduced notably this season and it would be dangerous to assume that our recent bad luck with injuries has run its full course.

Hollowhead doesnt always get it right though ! A perfect example of this being when he was in charge of the gas and decided to bring in two young prem players who hadnt played a first game between them. Rovers then started to drop down the league leading to there wonderful performance at Cardiff on the last day of the season !

Loaning players is hit and miss at this level and I would rather Danny and Steve went for someone that wants to be here.

I also dont want another situation like we ended up with last season when Roberts confidence seemed shot to pieces after fagen came in.

Archived