IGNORED

Wilkshire In Zoo

Guest exiledred

Guest exiledred

according to Zoo weekly, LW is one of the 11 best players outside of the Prem and is 'about to break into the Aussie team'. Accurate!! Not sure he is one of div 2's best let alone outside the prem!!

Sounds like they use the same people who pick the team of the day in the News of the World.

Luke Wilkshire, based on what I have seen, would be lucky to make the top 150 of players outside the Premiership.

I can only think he has shone for the U-23's and they are basing it on 1 or 2 performances they have seen playing for them

Edit : he's so good, I can't spell his name!

Guest exiledred

definatly, the write up seemed very uninformed. I've not seen anything to impress me from him yet. average at best. he's not as good as many of our home grown players who didn't cost us anything- i don't know how he did in the prem but he ain't anything special in div 2

I don't go to every game. far from it, but Wilkshire has generally looked really good to me. He has the ability to boss the game from central midfield. Maybe he's just been too knackered to perform after the trip down under?

My prediction is that he will come good before the end of the season, especially against the better teams.

All depends on what position he is played in.

He looks out of place on right wing and has the tendancy to keep cutting inside to play in centre of midfield.

In the centre he looks like a different player and I could see him replacing Tinnion in a few years when he hangs his boots up.

Guest exiledred

he needs to play in the centre for sure. he is way too slow for the wing. i have seen glimpses but nothing special

All depends on what position he is played in.

He looks out of place on right wing and has the tendancy to keep cutting inside to play in centre of midfield.

In the centre he looks like a different player and I could see him replacing Tinnion in a few years when he hangs his boots up.

Exactly! In the Barnsley cup game, Luke and Simon Clist both seemed to think they were playing centrally, leaving nobody on the wing. I think LW was played out of position which has caused a lot of people to doubt him, but WHEN (not "if") we go up, I can see a Wilkshire / Doherty central midfield partnership being v effective. I also see him as a good captain in the making.

I think LW was played out of position which has caused a lot of people to doubt him, but WHEN (not "if") we go up, I can see a Wilkshire / Doherty central midfield partnership being v effective. I also see him as a good captain in the making.
Could be right there. He is young and after Tins standards to follow, it will get easier to impress. Doc's fitness worries me a bit though, with Wilks relative lack of pace, may cause problems on some games :blink:

Hes certainly a good one for us to develop to his full ability, in Div 1.

Guest WestburyRed
i have seen glimpses but nothing special
Hasn't he got one of the better assist records in the league? I can think of a good few defence-splitting passes he has made to help win us more than a few games this season.

Archived