IGNORED

W E D N E S D A Y..........

Dolman Block B

If any one of you comment tha you don't give a "monkeys", then...... :bruce_h4h:

Summed it all up last night at a party. Tense, from both sets of City and Rovers fans. Our lot,full of themselves, brimming with confidence after a great week. The Gas confirming they love coming to the Gate and getting in the hallowed East End screaming the "Irene Goodnight" stuff.

Yes, THE LEAGUE is prority, we all know that, but its THEM, THE GAS, our HATED RIVALS.

City,s next three league games are far far more important, but..WEDNESDAY, full house, passion, and important as ever to us the fans!!!!!!!

Comments please.......Arn

Guest philgas1
If any one of you comment tha you don't give a "monkeys", then...... :bruce_h4h:

Summed it all up last night at a party. Tense, from both sets of City and Rovers fans. Our lot,full of themselves, brimming with confidence after a great week. The Gas confirming they love coming to the Gate and getting in the hallowed East End screaming the "Irene Goodnight" stuff.

Yes, THE LEAGUE is prority, we all know that, but its THEM, THE GAS, our HATED RIVALS.

City,s next three league games are far far more important, but..WEDNESDAY, full house, passion, and important as ever to us the fans!!!!!!!

well i,ll be there Arn...should be good mate,win or lose a great atmosphere.

Yes Arn, any one who says they don't care about this Cup should not bother turning up to Cardiff if we beat the sags. You should care about this game all because of one reason... IT'S YOUR TEAM PLAYING! So you should be supporting City and getting behind them 110% to beat the gas so that you can go to Cardiff and have a nice day out and then we can concentrate on the double! :city:

Guest Topbuzz

This is the REAL final for me

If we go up this will be last chance to play them barring a random fa cup/carling draw

No more south n north lets make it count wednesday

Cant fkn wait

The real EASTENDERS will be waiting to drown out the blue boys :banana::yes::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: and its Bristol City, Bristol City F.C :worship2:

East,east,eastenders;east,east,eastenders,east,east,eastenders :yahoo:

Your right until now I have been trying to convince my self in only matters for the bragging rights.

I do not fancy having to come to work straight afterwards if the worse happens and we lose as the blue few will have a field day and no doubt my gas bruv will be on the phone all night.

But it is not it the all atmosphere thing will be electric from the sleepless night before to the short temper in work then its picking at your key and fretting that all your pre match rituals are in place. Thinking to your self with all these fans will I be able to park in my normal place.

Then you start the walk to the light and the hollow ground listen to the chat of our fellow fans. Buying your program / fanzine/ Half time draw ticket. Getting to your seat and joking with your neighbours & moan/ praise about GJ team selection. Fealing the electricity in the air and singing your hart out for the boys.

Then the match starts and we suffer the tense nervous start as each team prob the other then Murry breaks down right Crosses the ball and Broker rises above the defence to head past the despairing Phillips GOAAALLLLLLL.

The crowd goes Mental the score board shows City 1 Rovers 0

What more can you ask for.

All I can say is lets get behind the boys make the game memorial for all the right reasons

Guest Gasheadm
So you know how I felt then during my school years being taunted by gasheads!! Oh how I laughed when they got relegated. What goes around comes around as they say May 2nd 2001 :whistle2:

Lets concentrate on 2nd May 1990 instead :worship2:

So you know how I felt then during my school years being taunted by gasheads!! Oh how I laughed when they got relegated. What goes around comes around as they say May 2nd 2001 :whistle2:

I know exactly, lived in North Bristol all my life. When I was at school I was one of 3 city fans in a year with 300 odd people in. A lot of my friends were/are gasheads and it made life very interesting. Did love it when they went down.

Always remember some gashead mates trying to make it a positive thing of relegation (just talk), saying "at least we will win a lot more games next year and have a promotion which is good, you will struggle ". I didn't half laugh the next year when they did so badly!

My local is full of Gasheads and they're never short of banter whenever City lose and they win (not very often, I know).Most of them have tickets for both legs and are all looking forward to it.

As a group they all reckon that City are too cocky and that they'll suprise us but individually they all reckon that City win at AG and draw at their place.That'll do for me..... :yahoo:

Guest Gasheadm
I think you guys should concentrate on getting out of the bottom tier of English Football before concentrating on anything else. 10 points of Playoffs is it? Another year of the basement!

Of course we should, but I am a sensible Gashead who believes that we will be in this league for another season, yes its 10points, maybe 7 if we win our game in hand, so surely you nice chaps can forgive me for thinking about the 90's instead of the 00's!!

Of course we should, but I am a sensible Gashead who believes that we will be in this league for another season, yes its 10points, maybe 7 if we win our game in hand, so surely you nice chaps can forgive me for thinking about the 90's instead of the 00's!!

A sensible Gashead ? - Not met one yet :sun:

I must admit I do wish you guys were still in League 1. Not just for the Rilvary, but the 6 points :city:

I am really looking forward to Wednesday, hope its a good game and we all talk about what happens on the pitch.

I know exactly, lived in North Bristol all my life. When I was at school I was one of 3 city fans in a year with 300 odd people in. A lot of my friends were/are gasheads and it made life very interesting. Did love it when they went down.

Always remember some gashead mates trying to make it a positive thing of relegation (just talk), saying "at least we will win a lot more games next year and have a promotion which is good, you will struggle ". I didn't half laugh the next year when they did so badly!

I had exactly the same problem with me being at Ridings High (I believe one of the biggest schools in the SW-and it is in north Bristol). Would have been a nightmare, if it wasn't for the fact that rovers are so crap.

I had exactly the same problem with me being at Ridings High (I believe one of the biggest schools in the SW-and it is in north Bristol). Would have been a nightmare, if it wasn't for the fact that rovers are so crap.

I went to Downend but knew a lot of Gasheads who went to the Ridings, a few city fans also though. A good mate of mine when I was young went to the Ridings and played for city Youth. Got turned down for a contract as he was too small. Got picked up by Holloway playing for Plymouth Uni (he is now 6'5, same as me) and is now Reserve 'keeper for Plymouth (Josh Clapham his name).

speaking to a number of peeps this weekend in Blackpool in the town and at the game, majority of the people I've spoken to agree that this game is more hassle than it's worth.

Too many people are getting hyped up about it, beating Rovers is great and on the night I'll be well up for it, but we have nothing to really gain from the match and far too much to lose, personally I'd rather have a week without a game and let the players who need a rest get one, instead we have yet another game in this damn competition.

I'm more concerned about what will happen after the game in the terms of results, you can be sure of at least one game that people will class as suffering a hangover (which I still have now)

personally all that matters too me is PROMOTION, local derbies have been great over the years but I'm more concerned about away trips next season to Leeds, Preston Wolves and Leicester than a JPT game against the Gas.

Let's face it us playing the gas generally involved being in one of the lower leagues, I'm bored of that, all that matters is getting through the game without any more injuries and bookings!

I look at the JPT matches against the Gas as a break from the tension of the all important league games.The players can go out in both games,relax and play with freedom knowing that there are no league points at stake.

The prize is a geat day out the Millenium and around £500k in the City bank account.

Add to that the fact that these legs are the first competitive games between the Bristol clubs in five seasons and you have the ingredients of two enjoyable matches.The fact that both are sold out reflects just how much interest there is amongst fans and thats what its all about.

After all football is an entertainment buisness.

I can vividly remember the day at school following the '95 *gulp* defeat - a horrible, horrible day.

My most sinking feelings experianced with City are the last minute '96 equaliser, West Brom and watching the inbred dim witted pikey mutants celebrate their 2000 triumph. Weirdly I actually managed to take the Play Off heart break's like a man, but I do not handle derby defeat's at all well. It's personal.

In Bristol I don't think 'local bragging rights' tell's the whole tale. It's not that I experiance particular joy in keeping them in their place and I don't particulary rib any of the 6 fingered one's I personally know when we do, it's just I know how jumped up they can get given half a chance.

Victory for us is a matter of simply taking care of business and reinforcing power relations, victory for them *eye's begin to slightly water* and it's a que for mass hysterior.

I'm more fearful of defeat than I am excited by the prospect of victory, they have the upper hand in that respect as they have nothing to lose.

Rovers is completely irrelevant of any League campaigne's, trip's to The Millenium or anything else, plainly put - defeat is an unconceivable prospect especially this time as your guess is as good as mine as to when we will next get the chance to restore natural order.

Although the buzz can be immense I don't enjoy these games, the emotional tenderhooks have just started jabbing me cfourtesy of reading this thread actually. I've got three bloody day's of it now.

Guest Pill red
speaking to a number of peeps this weekend in Blackpool in the town and at the game, majority of the people I've spoken to agree that this game is more hassle than it's worth.

Too many people are getting hyped up about it, beating Rovers is great and on the night I'll be well up for it, but we have nothing to really gain from the match and far too much to lose, personally I'd rather have a week without a game and let the players who need a rest get one, instead we have yet another game in this damn competition.

I'm more concerned about what will happen after the game in the terms of results, you can be sure of at least one game that people will class as suffering a hangover (which I still have now)

personally all that matters too me is PROMOTION, local derbies have been great over the years but I'm more concerned about away trips next season to Leeds, Preston Wolves and Leicester than a JPT game against the Gas.

Let's face it us playing the gas generally involved being in one of the lower leagues, I'm bored of that, all that matters is getting through the game without any more injuries and bookings!

:doh:

Mate, this is a BRISTOL DERBY!!!!!!!!

It will be a fantastic night that we can all look forward to. The tension, the passion, the atmosphere and the excitement will be something else. We all know the league is the most important thing but this will be one hell of an occasion. So what if people are getting over-excited about it, this is the ultimate fixture in Bristol football.

I was at a pub in Pill last night and the banter, intense game discussion and predictions were endless. I bet that was situation in most pubs in bristol.

I can't wait! Bring on Wednesday!

:city:

The only problem about weds game is that rovers being in the position they are have nothing to lose really, And it seems that all of us are expecting City to win, every gashead i know is delibratley playing down their chances, Godforbid they turn us over I will be distraught, If we turn them over I don't think i'll dish out much stick to be honest.

Come on City!!!

The only problem about weds game is that rovers being in the position they are have nothing to lose really, And it seems that all of us are expecting City to win, every gashead i know is delibratley playing down their chances, Godforbid they turn us over I will be distraught, If we turn them over I don't think i'll dish out much stick to be honest.

Come on City!!!

Its only because they have such a weak team. Yes they will close us down but we should be able to make space and pace is the key.Simple fact is they have no pace and we have more attacking options. Johnson could put our fa cup squad that took Boro to extra time and penalties and we would be comfotable. We have two squads now a cup squad and a league squad. I think most gasheads would be estatic if they got a draw. Expect them to come to the gate to defend.

Arn mate, I'm a bag of nerves, whatever people say about this game, in my opinion it is massive, can you imagine the grief we would get if the dreaded happened, being brought up in Downend and still drink in the pubs over there, 90% of my mates are blue, I just couldn't stand the grief mate, But I am really really looking forward to it, I haven't even thought about getting to another cup final, I honestly don't care about that, I haven't thought about it, I just want to absolutely hammer the sags both legs, preferably 4-0 each game.

COME ON YOU RED BOYS !!!!!!!!

Promotion is of course our one true goal this season, and is of paramount importance, but now we have the sags on our fixture list it is imperative we give them a thumping they'll never forget in the long years till our paths cross once more! :gasmask:

I hope GJ plays the strongest possible side and goes for the throat in the home leg. They WILL be a threat a the memorial swamp and to take a draw or (God forbid) a loss down there would be tricky. The gaffer must realise that if he manages to mastermind a victory over the two legs his reputation will improve with the faithful, as who could imagine a really great City manger without a couple of games against the sags under his belt!

I like several other posters grew up in north Bristol and I can stand the thought of all my old sag head mates celebrating getting one over on us. Bring on wednesday and bring on the Rovers. Lets prove there really is only one team in Bristol!

PS. I have a feeling Brooker will enshrine himself in City folklore this next game. With promotion also still on the cards he has the potetnial to be a real legend (if he's a bit fitter) for the rest of this season, and I just have a bit of a hunch this next game is where that all begins! Brookerman to destroy the sags!

In sum then, we must not lose.

I hope the eleven Redmen taking field do take influence from this forum, lads, please, do not let us down. The scum and their emotionally retarded few are going to take over the East End and hold one hell of a queer gas party - that I am sure of. We've got to be brutal or we will come unstuck.

I believe there was a chant back in the day ''We've got to get rid of the Gas'' ?

We really do, blame Landsdown's lack of ambition and knowhow, blame a lack of Football culture and heritage here, place the theory where ever you like.

I'm convinced that without the wrongn's the city of Bristol would have a nationally respected Football Club.

Unfortunate circumstance really.

Guest Hodges17
I believe there was a chant back in the day ''We've got to get rid of the Gas'' ?

We really do, blame Landsdown's lack of ambition and knowhow, blame a lack of Football culture and heritage here, place the theory where ever you like.

I'm convinced that without the wrongn's the city of Bristol would have a nationally respected Football Club.

Unfortunate circumstance really.

We're holding you back are we? Ha Ha.

I know we're crap, and a division lower (before anyone tries to inform me) but if you hadn't messed up promotion so many times recently than you'd be in the Championship and be a wee bit more nationally respected.

Anyway, bitching aside, its two huge games for the clubs and the town (I know it ain't a town, but that four-letter word beginning with C makes me feel a little ill).

Can't wait!

We're holding you back are we? Ha Ha.

I know we're crap, and a division lower (before anyone tries to inform me) but if you hadn't messed up promotion so many times recently than you'd be in the Championship and be a wee bit more nationally respected.

Anyway, bitching aside, its two huge games for the clubs and the town (I know it ain't a town, but that four-letter word beginning with C makes me feel a little ill).

Can't wait!

I didn't expect any self endulged plucky underdog sympathy type Football fan to relate to my point so you surprise me not. I'm conversely right wing in my Football outlook.

The energy wasted on your degenerate imploding mess is holding this city back in term's of Footballing status imo.

I do bet you can't wait, you have nothing to lose.

Everything aside, peace to you, seriously.

Guest Hodges17
I didn't expect any self endulged plucky underdog sympathy type Football fan to relate to my point so you surprise me not. I'm conversely right wing in my Football outlook.

The energy wasted on your degenerate imploding mess is holding this city back in term's of Footballing status imo.

I do bet you can't wait, you have nothing to lose.

Everything aside, peace to you, seriously.

Self-indulged plucky underdog sympathy type?

Because I don't understand how Rovers' existance has somehow stopped City from being great?

I do not understand where you've assumed that.

The only people wasting energy on us is our fans.

Peace to you too, Sir.

Self-indulged plucky underdog sympathy type?

Because I don't understand how Rovers' existance has somehow stopped City from being great?

I do not understand where you've assumed that.

The only people wasting energy on us is our fans.

Peace to you too, Sir.

Let me explain then:

You said it yourself. What do you have? A 5000 hardcore support of Bristolians? Where are these 5000's financial (mainly) but also emotional and cultural energies invested? Into what I consider to be a joke and a waste of time. Who loses out? Bristol as a Footballing City. Ideally imo we wouldn't have this internal rivalry but one Club; Bristol United if People will. Unfortunately as said previously, it's an unfortunate circumstance but People won't. Who in Darwinian term's should become instinct (edit: 'extinct')? Sorry mate, it aint us. Harsh but true.

'It's just a game' is the obvious retort, but I beg to differ and am happy to take that debate up.

Peace.

Your right until now I have been trying to convince my self in only matters for the bragging rights.

I do not fancy having to come to work straight afterwards if the worse happens and we lose as the blue few will have a field day and no doubt my gas bruv will be on the phone all night.

But it is not it the all atmosphere thing will be electric from the sleepless night before to the short temper in work then its picking at your key and fretting that all your pre match rituals are in place. Thinking to your self with all these fans will I be able to park in my normal place.

Then you start the walk to the light and the hollow ground listen to the chat of our fellow fans. Buying your program / fanzine/ Half time draw ticket. Getting to your seat and joking with your neighbours & moan/ praise about GJ team selection. Fealing the electricity in the air and singing your hart out for the boys.

Then the match starts and we suffer the tense nervous start as each team prob the other then Murry breaks down right Crosses the ball and Broker rises above the defence to head past the despairing Phillips GOAAALLLLLLL.

The crowd goes Mental the score board shows City 1 Rovers 0

What more can you ask for.

All I can say is lets get behind the boys make the game memorial for all the right reasons

Sleepless the night before....... every night since the ###### draw to be honest.....

Guest Ashton Kate
Lets concentrate on 2nd May 1990 instead :worship2:

Well at least you didn't mention1982!! Why do the Sags always bring that up. Come on you Reds. Only one TEAM IN BRISTOL.

Arn mate, I'm a bag of nerves, whatever people say about this game, in my opinion it is massive, can you imagine the grief we would get if the dreaded happened, being brought up in Downend and still drink in the pubs over there, 90% of my mates are blue, I just couldn't stand the grief mate, But I am really really looking forward to it, I haven't even thought about getting to another cup final, I honestly don't care about that, I haven't thought about it, I just want to absolutely hammer the sags both legs, preferably 4-0 each game.

COME ON YOU RED BOYS !!!!!!!!

One of the benefits of living in Watford - you can hide if he worst happens. On the flip side no one cares two hoots if, as expected we despatch the sags to where they belong :city:

Actually, what are the benefits to living in Watford? :dunno:

One of the benefits of living in Watford - you can hide if he worst happens. On the flip side no one cares two hoots if, as expected we despatch the sags to where they belong :city:

Actually, what are the benefits to living in Watford? :dunno:

errrrrrrrrrrrr there are no perks to living in Watford. Aside from being able to hide from crowing saggys if we lose. Bit like Aylesbury really. thankfully a Gas and Swindle free zone. Sadly Barfdiff still present and Swampsea.

gotta say, it must be a real buzz down there at the mo. Actually wish I was going to be there.........

My concern with the two games between us and the Gas is Policing costs to BCFC. When the Police are inside Ashton Gate in big numbers - as they undoubtedly will be against the Gas - the club may have to pay the Royalist Gestapo Police an extortionate fee.

This plod even wants to referee the game !!!!!! - for a triple time overtime payment of course :shocking: .......

_1980254_150policepa.jpg

Would like to know the figure for the policing!

No doubt will be a large amount of police on duty, but has to be i suppose.

A must win game for bristol pride for city :innocent06:

Just reading through this thread again, your comment totally sums it up.....PRIDE.

Work thur will be a piece of cake with a Red win......anything else will be cheesed off, not just about the result but the extra effort the lads are usuing up, when really the league is priority.

But for now....rollocks to all that..COME ON MY RED BEAUTYS......... :worship2:

Well, today I'm well and truely 'cheesed off'. We could have and should have won yesterday. The Gas were better than I expected but they are definately beatable when we play them at the Memorial Rugby Ground on Tuesday.

Exactly OC............they are creaming their pants off on their own site.............wait till tues i say.

Cheeesed off????? Something a tad stronger please

Archived