IGNORED

Bristol City 0 - 0 Bristol Rovers

Jay

So angry about the appalling defensive, over-cautious tactics employed against a Fourth Division side at home in a cup game. With due respect to The Gas whose team at least tried to play the ball on the floor and weren't dirty at all.

GJ blamed "certain individuals" for the "flat display" - in my view every player gave 100%. Who didn't? Keogh? Carey? He must be joking. I hope he has the honesty to say that the "individuals" to blame were Johnson and Millen.

Why are we so frightened of Rovers, Leyton Orient, Cheltenham, Rotherham, Bournemouth when we should be getting after them and imposing our game on them? In my view the players we have a good enough for automatic promotion if they are allowed to play a system which allows more than two players anywhere near the opposition goal.

If we lose the return leg, and it's distinctly possible, it won't be beause we don't have better players will it? How many of the Gas team would get in ours? NONE (with respect to The Gas) so what's the difference?

No wonder the crowd is so quiet - it's going to be interesting on the 8th when SL asks for contributions.

So angry about the appalling defensive, over-cautious tactics employed against a Fourth Division side at home in a cup game. With due respect to The Gas whose team at least tried to play the ball on the floor and weren't dirty at all.

GJ blamed "certain individuals" for the "flat display" - in my view every player gave 100%. Who didn't? Keogh? Carey? He must be joking. I hope he has the honesty to say that the "individuals" to blame were Johnson and Millen.

Why are we so frightened of Rovers, Leyton Orient, Cheltenham, Rotherham, Bournemouth when we should be getting after them and imposing our game on them? In my view the players we have a good enough for automatic promotion if they are allowed to play a system which allows more than two players anywhere near the opposition goal.

If we lose the return leg, and it's distinctly possible, it won't be beause we don't have better players will it? How many of the Gas team would get in ours? NONE (with respect to The Gas) so what's the difference?

No wonder the crowd is so quiet - it's going to be interesting on the 8th when SL asks for contributions.

For the record my invite got shredded about 2.00am this morning when I got home and wrote this reveiw :badmood:

However we might have beat the sags AND be in a promotion spot by then. Not saying we WILL do either mind...

If we are it will because we have ground out some more 1-0 wins. Of course I'd rather be in that position than not but I think this current squad of players are much better than that and are capable of winning with style. By adopting a more adventurous approach I believe we will turn many tedious draws into wins and only a few draws into defeats - do the maths with 3 pts for a win doesn't it make sense? Oh and it may be about 100% more entertaining as well!

If we are it will because we have ground out some more 1-0 wins. Of course I'd rather be in that position than not but I think this current squad of players are much better than that and are capable of winning with style. By adopting a more adventurous approach I believe we will turn many tedious draws into wins and only a few draws into defeats - do the maths with 3 pts for a win doesn't it make sense? Oh and it may be about 100% more entertaining as well!

Spot On.

He who dares, wins and all that.

Mind you the first man who needs to be daring is the manager and when Murray left the field we had no less than a GK plus six defenders on the field.That sounds like a man with no faith in his team, looking the keep things alive for the final leg.

Basso,Orr, Carey, Keogh, Fontaine, Skuse & Woodman

The team that GJ set up to play 3-4-1-2 actually changed to 4-3-1-2 within about five minutes and we looked lopsided as well as defensive all night

When we're trying to bring back the lapsed fans, nights like this are a real kick in the teeth.As GJ said afterwards, we need to give the fans something to sing about

Guest Gary the Dogs Johnsons

I think it was flat all around last night. The team underperformed and the crowd for some reason couldn't replicate the Coventry and Boro games (but that could just be where I sat)

Macallister and Macombe were missed badly IMO and I think Johnson and Skuse were playing with knocks. But credit where it's due I think the SAGS came to do a job and did it well. I was surprised at the football they played but can't see them beating us at the mem as they are lightweight up front.

Just for the record, my ticket was in the front row of the Williams, and if theres ever a reason to get an ST to reserve your seat then that is it!! it reallly took the gloss away from what should have been an enjoyable night (apart from the dross on the pitch)

BB - You answered one question, then 3 hours later found a reason to answer another, why don't you just type 'shameless bump' laughs.

Oh there you go just bumped it back to the top for you - laughs.

So is that why you "bumped" yours or is the ST one getting more reads.

On that subject where do the funds go from your site?

Good write up BB. But can we have less of the bitch slapping, please. its bad enough the moaners about moaners. lets not have two of the more erudite city posters fn arguing, please.

shut up you moron :surrender::clapping:

Ohh I hit a nerve,keep trying, I hope you get the numbers doesn't matter to me.

The cheap shot doesn't deserve an answer, those that need to know know.

You hit nothing.

You've posted a couple of digs lately and if you've got a problem PM me or come and have a chat about it at Brighton.

Archived