IGNORED

Next Up At Home

Bristol Boy

No, it's true. :fastasleep:

OK got that out of the way. :)

At one point they couldn't buy a home win yet kept winning away.

Most City fans would say the away game, somewhat memorable for the wrong reasons, was a turning point in our season.It was certainly a turning point in young Mr Cotterills career and financially beneficial for City with ninety minutes on Sky being worth about £750k-£1m extra on the transfer fee. :yes:

Looking at their current form

All Games

P6 W2 D1 L3 F6 A5 Pts Poss 18 Pts Gained 7

Away

P6 W1 D2 L3 F2 A6 Pts Poss 18 Pts Gained 5

Those away games, it should be noted, included Forest (0-1) Tranmere (1-1) Oldham (0-3) Yeovil (0-0) so they are neither mugs or, it must be added, a team to be scared of.

Hopefully, we'll have some more "big hitters" back and, on the basis that yours truly won't be there (family commitments), no doubt, a decent performance and a win and I don't want any of that old nonsense about me being a jinx trotted out, if we win well. :nono:

Well we havent played Nprthampton at home since our friday night fixture in September 2002. A certain Lee Peacock scored 2 that night and Simon Clist the other. 3 nil would be a great result if we could do that again on Saturday. Is Joe Burnell fit now?

I'm not really concerned about Northampton's form. This game is all about us - both players and fans. That is what ill determine whether we win, lose or draw. It's about whether the players can free themselves of the shackles of playing at home, whether they have the creativity to break down the Cobblers if they sit back with men behind the ball, and whether we as fans add to their confidence or hinder them further with negativity or anxiety which can transfer itself onto the pitch.

I guess, as is often the way, it depends on whether we can start brightly and - crucially - get a goal in that period before the nay-sayers get their excuse to find their voice, or whether we have one of those days where we lack inspiration and the crowd starts feeling anxious and getting on the players' backs.

Either way, I guarantee the bloke behind me will shout 'Get off Jevons, you're crap' whenever he touches the ball!

There is no doubt at all in my mind that the away game was the single biggest turning point in this season for us so far, and hopefully this game will help us refind our confidence at home and march on towards promotion. Then again, this is City we are talking about, so it's rarely that straightforward...

I'm not really concerned about Northampton's form. This game is all about us - both players and fans. That is what ill determine whether we win, lose or draw. It's about whether the players can free themselves of the shackles of playing at home, whether they have the creativity to break down the Cobblers if they sit back with men behind the ball, and whether we as fans add to their confidence or hinder them further with negativity or anxiety which can transfer itself onto the pitch.

I guess, as is often the way, it depends on whether we can start brightly and - crucially - get a goal in that period before the nay-sayers get their excuse to find their voice, or whether we have one of those days where we lack inspiration and the crowd starts feeling anxious and getting on the players' backs.

Either way, I guarantee the bloke behind me will shout 'Get off Jevons, you're crap' whenever he touches the ball!

There is no doubt at all in my mind that the away game was the single biggest turning point in this season for us so far, and hopefully this game will help us refind our confidence at home and march on towards promotion. Then again, this is City we are talking about, so it's rarely that straightforward...

I get the same in the Ayteo same bloke lambasts Jevons throughout the game.Wonder if he did on Saturday? Apparantly its ok though because he has supported city for 40 years. :disapointed2se:

I get the same in the Ayteo same bloke lambasts Jevons throughout the game.Wonder if he did on Saturday? Apparantly its ok though because he has supported city for 40 years. :disapointed2se:

When we actually start to play to Jevos strengths and he can have a run in the team next to a target man, we will see the best of him.Bearing in mind he's till far and away our top scorer.

Brooker & Showunmis prolonged mutual absences haven't done him any favours and our tendency to give him the ball in the air and/or with his back to goal don't help either :disapointed2se:

Archived