IGNORED

Being detained after a game

BS3_RED

One question really, is it legal?

I'm only asking this because our fans being locked in after the game seemed to be one of the main causes of trouble.

So what I'm want to know is

A- on what grounds legaly can the police detain you for NO reason?

I'm only asking this because our fans being locked in after the game seemed to be one of the main causes of trouble.

Your a football fan which technically makes you a mindless thug who is only out for a scrap, especially if your an away fan.

I spoke to my mate in Birmingham who is a copper and polices most of the Birmingham City matches, I told him about all what happened Tuesday and he was astonished. I told him about being detained, about the Over the Top policing, the CS Gas etc, and he really couldnt believe it.

He was saying up their they NEVER hold the away fans behind after a game. They let the away fans leave when they wish and set up small units on street corners etc. The reason being that if you let the fans leave on their own accord, they tend to leave in drips and drabs and make their way off in different directions. By keeping the the away fans in the ground, you allow any trouble makers to congregate by the exits, so when they are eventually allowed to leave, they all leave together. not only that, but even people who are not trouble makers can get incensed by being detained, leading to even more people causing trouble.

He said its a lot harder to police a big crowd of away fans when they leave, and not only that, if the home fans are looking for trouble, its a lot easier for their trouble maters to track down a massive group of away fans leaving the ground at the same time, then it would be to track down away fans leaving in drips and drabs.

As for the CS Gas (and he said it would definately be CS Gas, some people have mentioned pepper spray), this should only be used if a policemen feels his own safety is being threatened.

I'm sorry, but if a copper, dressed to the nines in riot gear feels threatened by two or three spotty faced teenagers kicking boards down....god help this country

Archived