IGNORED

Jamie Cooper......think about this

Dolman Block B

I have just read something that brings following Bristol City and Bristol Rovers into complete reality.

No doubt this post will be moved, but hopefully after quite a few will have a chance to read.

This young lad is a Rovers fan (sorry) but has been badly injured fighting the war in that mother of a place called Iraq.

The kid,s home now, albeit not to well, and wants more than ever to watch his football club in Cardiff.

Sort of makes me think/understand, that losing to the Gas is sweet fa, compared to what this young man has been through!

He has been through hell and back, nearly lost his f##### life for our cause.

So Bristol City fans, hats off to the lad, wish him well, and let him live his dream......Good on you Jamie..

I have just read something that brings following Bristol City and Bristol Rovers into complete reality.

No doubt this post will be moved, but hopefully after quite a few will have a chance to read.

This young lad is a Rovers fan (sorry) but has been badly injured fighting the war in that mother of a place called Iraq.

The kid,s home now, albeit not to well, and wants more than ever to watch his football club in Cardiff.

Sort of makes me think/understand, that losing to the Gas is sweet fa, compared to what this young man has been through!

He has been through hell and back, nearly lost his f##### life for our cause.

So Bristol City fans, hats off to the lad, wish him well, and let him live his dream......Good on you Jamie..

I'll second that Arn.

I sincerely hope Rovers take it upon themselves to do everything to give this lad a very special VIP day out. Regardless of what people think about the legitimacy of the war, these guys and girls who are prepared to lay down their lives for their country are genuine heroes and deserve our utmost respect. Even Gashead ones. I hope he is able to have a great day out regardless of the result.

I have signed the petition on the sag forum, lets hope it pressurizes dunceford to do some thing.

25 years ago i would have laid my life on the line for this sh1thole country, not anymore.

Blair and his Scottish cronies have killed the country i loved.

Just to say that there's an excellent piece on the extremely courageous Jamie Cooper here:

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/tm...-name_page.html

It's even better for not mentioning the Gas, but it does give an idea of what he has been through. It's fair to say that after all he's endured over the past few months, watching Rovers must be comparatively pleasant experience. Not many can say that. I hope he enjoys his day out as much as any fan on a losing side can, and wish him the best of luck with his recovery.

i was in the falklands and came through ok all be it a little bit scared up stairs or so people tell me. just a stupid idea and shoot me down if you want but why don,t we have a whip round and pay for the guys day out i,ll start with a tenner

i was in the falklands and came through ok all be it a little bit scared up stairs or so people tell me. just a stupid idea and shoot me down if you want but why don,t we have a whip round and pay for the guys day out i,ll start with a tenner

Well I'd gladly put another tenner in. It might be a nice gesture after the battering the image of City and Rovers fans took last week. We've got to be careful though - we might give him enough to buy the bloody club!

Put me down for £20.....how you going to collect and make sure the lad has a great day out?

Put me down for £20.....how you going to collect and make sure the lad has a great day out?

Well perhaps it's one the ST could step in and collect the money for. If not, I'll gladly do it.

Guest chubba

I'll chuck a tenner in too. What a great idea! Show what good folk city fans really are.

Mods - we could chuck the money into the ST PayPal account if you set a button up and then you could pop a cheque over to them...

Guest mesa boogie
Makes you wanna become a Red, doesn't it? :icecream:

That would mean I'd have to take a load of stick for loosing to lowly Rovers. :whistle2:

That would mean I'd have to take a load of stick for loosing to lowly Rovers. :whistle2:

And you'd have to adapt to playing the likes of West Ham, Watford, Charlton, Southampton, Sheff Weds, Wolves, Sunderland, Crystal Palace..........

So you don't fancy that.......you can go to Accrington Stanley or Dagenham and Redbridge with the rest of the losers.

Have fun! :sleeping:

Guest philgas1
Aint bad lads are we.............

after reading all of the threads from your lads it brings tears to my eyes Arn..thankyou mate and we will do as much as we can our end as well..

respect to you all

after reading all of the threads from your lads it brings tears to my eyes Arn..thankyou mate and we will do as much as we can our end as well..

respect to you all

Football takes a back seat at times like this....(but we still hope you lose the final and get relegated :fingerscrossed: )

Guest Bigdave60

Hi Guys

I have responded on another thread.

But hey put me down for £10. Will pay by Internet.

As I said in the other posting. I am a long-time City Fan. I have witnessed many

Games between the red and blue half of the town.

But this puts it all into perspective.

Perhaps we need to drop the tribalism attitudes.

Guest van der Gas

I cannot believe what I am reading here.

You guys are legends. :clapping: I'm almost tempted to wish you good luck for the rest of the season......almost.

Seriously though lads well done to you.

Is there anyone clever out there in forumland that knows how to set up a website that members of the public can make donations to? My pal is running the London marathon for charity (yes I have one pal - well I work with him actually) and he has a website - dead easy to donate.

Maybe the ST could put a "Donate Now for Jamie" button on the forum site :dunno:

You guys are legends. :clapping: I'm almost tempted to wish you good luck for the rest of the season......almost.

T be honest van der gas, you have to adress more serious things in life than football at times, I'm determined this lad has a great day out.......ARN

My instinct is to start verbally abusing the Government and to get extremely intensified about talk of ''our cause'' etc. I won't though.

Mine ..... instinct that is, would be to offer a contribution to make certain that the guy has the best seat in the house...... despite the fact that the gas WILL LOSE ;)

Mine ..... instinct that is, would be to offer a contribution to make certain that the guy has the best seat in the house...... despite the fact that the gas WILL LOSE ;)

Well Dorset, as much as i want the lad to have agreat day out, if he has a tear or three when the Gas get humbled, then so be it..... :me?:

we could have a charity night anything but darts though i,m still smarting from the spanking i got last time

Dorset mate, this tale has had me thinking long and hard ever since the story broke, I know there must be many like Jamie but it's not everyday it's so close to home, a lad I know has just signed his life on the dotted line for the Navy, again, his tales had me soul searching. A rare and genuine credit to my generation that is for sure.

I'm pretty sure I don't have the personality type for it, I'm humbled in saying I certainly wouldn't have the balls or the strength of character for it. You've got to be a particular 'type' I think. Our Grandparents generation didn't have this luxury of choice ofcourse and these last couple days have had a definate sense of 'Rememberance Sunday' about them.

Needless to say a donation was neven in question, this is a massive silver lining to last Tuesday's grey cloud as well.

ps/I think I was just being a bit like, well you know what I can get like - when I wrote that other post :innocent06:

Guest FifeGas

Arny & Watford

I've done Northern Ireland, Iraq and 'The Stan' ... makes you realize that supporting Bristol Rovers is quite easy, really ... particularly over the past 5 years!

I even met a 'Glover' at the airport in Kabul ... I didn't want to give him too much abuse as he was in charge of organizing everyone's seats on the aircraft for the trip back to 'Blighty'.

TVM

Fife

:englandsmile4wf:

Arny & Watford

I've done Northern Ireland, Iraq and 'The Stan' ... makes you realize that supporting Bristol Rovers is quite easy, really ... particularly over the past 5 years!

I even met a 'Glover' at the airport in Kabul ... I didn't want to give him too much abuse as he was in charge of organizing everyone's seats on the aircraft for the trip back to 'Blighty'.

TVM

Fife

:englandsmile4wf:

You, yer mates, infact the damm bunch of you....LEGENDS........simple as.....

Archived