IGNORED

Hand On Heart

RedM

Can we honestly say that we have been a force to be reckoned with this season? Have we set the division on fire. ?

I must admit after thrashing Notts County on the opening day I thought we would soar up the table and thrash almost every team that we played. OK County weren't up to much but we seemed to have the confidence and that certain 'it'.

Then we begain to falter, wins were turning into draws and draws to losses. Then for a great run something 'clicked', was it luck or the right blend?

BUT even during this great vein of form I can't really say with any honesty that we were playing well. Yes we were exciting, but was it just we were scoring last gasp winners? Yes we were grinding out results, ok 3 points are 3 points but promotion candidates, hmmm.

I just feel all along we have been lacking that swagger, that pride and passion. that teamspirit where the players will play their hearts out for the club, eachother, themselves and us the fans. We have seen glimpses of what they are capable of but nothing consistant enough to be counted as a real threat.

How many games have we travelled home from and thought 'wow, fantastic football. I've been really entertained today. we can beat anyone playing like this?' I can't honestly name many.

I really am trying not to be negative,I want promotion. I am tired of the away to colchester trips on a wet tuesday. I suppose I just am beginning to try to accept we MIGHT have to suffer for another season in this division.

Am I right or just feeling fed up and everything looks gloomy tonight? :dunno:

Archived