IGNORED

Wilson Must Go 2

Bristol Boy

His selection yesterday tells you more about this stubborn, negative fool, than I ever could.

To be honest, the last few woeful performances have been coming.

Stockport, Wycombe, Rushden,Oldham-12 points for the taking.

We took 4.

Even during the 11 game run we rode our luck and, I feel, succeeded in spite of Wilson and not because of him.Most of the performances, and I said so at the time, were not great.

"Grinding out results," is all well and good, but it's not the stuff that wins championships or fans over.Please don't quote Wigan, because we're nowhere close in terms of fitness,skill, physical or mental strength.

Alex Ferguson said yesterday that what pleased him most about beating Tottenham 3-0, wasn't the result, it was the level of performance, because if you perform well, you'll win more than you loose and acheive a measure of consistency that breeds confidence.

After making the 130 mile trip to AG, I read the teamsheet, saw Burnell in midfield and Tinnion wide and thought, shall I make an early start home. :blink:

I recently suggested that DW would pick a similar side at Tranmere and cite all this bunkum about JB's defensive qualities and needing to dig in etc, but even I didn't think that the tactical moron would pick it yesterday.

Our change of early season DW induced form, began with LW & BT in central midfield, when the stubborn fool finally conceded that JB & TD couldn't play together in central midfield, without the outstanding Murray on the wing.

LW wasn't a winger and Tinnion should start.

Yesterday, we had the comedic substitution of LW with MB.He brings on a left back (no Danny, he's not a winger or wide midfield player, he's a wing back) when we're 2-0 down. He takes off a player, who he purchased for £250k,capable of unlocking a defence or whipping in a set piece, for a wing back.

Now there are two left backs on the field and one on the bench :D

LP's done his achilles so a long overdue rest will take place over the next three games at least.He doesn't heal quick.His workrate will be missed, but he hasn't scored in 13, so it's not a case of goals drying up, is it?

His replacement is another hard working, yet non scoring, striker with 8 League Goals season to date.His assists record is also very poor.

£365,000 for the equivalent of a non league player, is another enormously shrewd piece of business from the Chuckle Bros, Wilson & Barlow!

Mooney & Parkin £120,000, Miller & Peacock £1m-You decide :angry:

What a ridiculous call! Wilson to resign!

Get real - losing our manager at this delicate stage of the season is the last thing City need.Imagine what that would do to the squad.They'd be shocked and disapointed at the thought of having to play either without a manager or under the direction of a new man who knows nothing about any of them.It would be far to disruptive for the whole club.Especially as Wilson has taken City to third in the league with still eveything to play for.

City have to stick with Wilson at least untill the end of the season.Then we'll know what division we will be in and the relevant decisions can be made then.

Agreed Robbored. I am no fan of Wilson, as i stated yesterday, as i have real doubts about his ability. Though in saying that it would be wrong to make any change untill the end of the season.

If I'm honest i do not think we will go up but we would certainly not go up if we changed the manager now, at this most important time of the season. The disruption it would cause in the club would have a very negative effect on everyone.

I think we have to wait untill the end of the season and then make a decision on the future of the club.

Oh yes I do agree we can't ditch Wilson now, its going to be manure or bust for the team and this is Wilson's opportunity to show what he's made of. If he fails to bring this team up then its clear he's not talented enough to get City up. In that case he has to be shown the door in the summer.

Yet again a very good post from Bristol Boy, back to the top of the message board.

"Wilson Must Go 2" and good follow on from "Wilson Out", "Wilson Must Go" etc etc - when will the directors get the message?

We can only hope they have a slightly more balanced view of these things than you do!

When the directors appoint a manager they expect a good return from their investment, and it is quite clear they do expect promotion, we have heard plenty from the top this season of how they hope we do go up.

Therefore if DW fails to deliver I should expect they'll take a dim view of his tactical ineptness and stubbornness and favouritsm.

What a ridiculous call!  Wilson to resign!

Get real - losing our manager at this delicate stage of the season is the last thing City need.Imagine what that would do to the squad.They'd be shocked and disapointed at the thought of having to play either without a manager or under the direction of a new man who knows nothing about any of them.It would be far to disruptive for the whole club.Especially as Wilson has taken City to third in the league with still eveything to play for.

City have to stick with Wilson at least untill the end of the season.Then we'll know what division we will be in and the relevant decisions can be made then.

I don't think for minute that he'll resign.

The new manager wouldn't know about the squad :angry:

You mean this numpty does???????

Did you go yesterday???????

Did you go to Stockport????? Did you see the shambles yeterday or in the other games I mentioned???

We should be home and hosed and this man must go.

Oh yes I do agree we can't ditch Wilson now, its going to be manure or bust for the team and this is Wilson's opportunity to show what he's made of.  If he fails to bring this team up then its clear he's not talented enough to get City up.  In that case he has to be shown the door in the summer.
As I said at the time, the three year contract was SL's greatest mistake.

As far as disruption goes, we looked anything but organised yesterday and a new manager usually brings an upturn in form, in the short term.......and that's all we need with 9 games to go.

I said a while ago that we will not gain automatic promotion and will loose out in the play offs, barring major signings and this clown has left it to late again.We needed a striker 6 weeks ago.

I'm sorry but Nero, Fiddling & Rome Burning come to mind!!

What ??!!!! My view is a balanced view !!!! We're still in Div 2 after 4 seasons of Danny Wilson and masses of money spent compared to our Div 2 rivals.

In any equation a highly paid squad and manager should not equal Div 2 football at BCFC.

Spot On

We can only hope they have a slightly more balanced view of these things than you do!
Well, it's going to hit them in their pockets if we don't go up.So, let's hope I'm wrong, plus all the others that agree with me and they're right.

The best you'll get from those who supported DW on here last season and before is, "give him until the end of the season."

That's a massive change and tells the tale.

The footballs poor, the performance level is iffy at best and we're not doing it.We've reverted to our early season form.

I have to confess I am starting to revise my opinion of when Wilson should go.

I was down to thinking that we should keep him until the end of the season. If we go up keep him if we don't then give him the boot.

Having seen some of the dire team selections and tactics of recent games. ( in fact not just recent games but the whole season ) I am starting to think sack him now as chances are we are not going to get promoted.

Like Bristol Boy said we have just played:

Stockport, Wycombe, Rushden,Oldham-12 points for the taking.

We took 4.

A caretaker manager from within the club might have got more points out of these games. We have a tougher lot of fixtures to come and he should be perhaps sacked before those games as I can't see Wilson doing any better against the teams to come.

If Wilson can't do the business against : Stockport A, Wycombe H, Oldham H what hope have we against : QPR H, Plmouth H Swindon A Port Vale A etc.

Wilson has constantly made serious errors throughout the season and with our squad and resources should have more points than we currently do. I know we are 3rd and within striking distance of the top 2 but I honestly don't think we can make automatic promotion with current form which I can't really see changing.

From the end of October till now I have been of the opinion that it is "better the devil you know" in keeping Wilson but I am starting to think maybe its not.

Its the fear of the unknown that has been making me stick with Wilson. If Wilson were sacked what would the instability do to a young squad of players who seem to still have faith in the old manager? What would the caretaker manager be like? Would Shaun Taylor/Brian Tinnion/Fawthrop as caretaker improve the situation? These are the questions I am asking myself and at the moment I am not sure of the answer. I am leaning towards thinking the caretakers would improve the tactics and team selection but I think the sacking of Wilson would adversely effect the young players. Therefore I find it too hard to predict the effects of his sacking.

Actually I think I am not going to try to answer these questions myself and ask God to answer them for me. Seeing as it is a Sunday it seems the best day to start praying. I am sure God is a Bristol City fan and reads this message board regularly. So God give me a sign :angry: Help me please.

losing our manager at this delicate stage of the season is the last thing City need.

it don't seem to be doing plymouth any harm :D

THEY HAVE A 9 POINT LEAD ON US NOW.

what we need is a manager who will pick a city side for

the form the players are in, and not stick to favourites

for the sake of it, the team selection was laughable yesterday.

i hate to see wilson try and do a jigsaw puzzle he'd be lost we have the players i wish he'd stick the pieces in the right place. we needed pace on the left so we

started with tinnion?? he should be in the middle, that didn't work and to make

things slower on comes bell :blink: goodfellow came on and didn't know if he was

coming or going being swapped flanks, no wonder our strikers are floating to

the wings to get the ball ;)

lets face it we got problems :angry:

Guest Spunkwood

look me and TomF have been prayin for him to resign forever anyone else please stat your name followed by Wilson OUT

Guest smarty

Look where changing managers has got the gas - almost bottom of the football league.

The most succesful managers were long serving managers and success didn't always come over night.

Cloughie

Ferguson

Wenger

Alan Dicks - yes thats right the guy who got us in the old first div.

To name a few. Anyone list any other long serving successful managers?

Anyone list any other long serving successful managers?
Danny Wilson? oops my mistake 4 years aint long term enough, but we did win the LDV so I guess that is success.

******** For Sale ***********

1 head from arse removal tool

1 pair rose tinted specs

You interested? Sensible offers only.

Alan Dicks - yes thats right the guy who got us in the old first div.

yeah and they guy that took us out of div.1 and we ain't

recovered since :P

but they were (and are) very talented managers you speak of there

sadly i don't think wilson fits in to that catogary and apart from dicks

none of them have been a relegation manager from top flight football

ummm danny wilson has :angry:

Danny Wilson? oops my mistake 4 years aint long term enough, but we did win the LDV so I guess that is success.

1 pair rose tinted specs

Could you swap the head from arse removal tool for an expensive stabilising tool which lasts 4 years and more, it promises to deliver stability at the cost of progress, you may get frustrated with it but at least your getting nowhere fast.

Could you swap the head from arse removal tool for an expensive stabilising tool which lasts 4 years and more, it promises to deliver stability at the cost of progress, you may get frustrated with it but at least your getting nowhere fast.
Thats not quite right, the official sales literature of the 'Wilson Stabilising Tool' is

Ammendment:

Lasts 4 years and more, GUARANTEED to deliver stability at a cost of progress

Disclaimer:

If in the event you are unhappy with the Wilson Stabilising Tool, tough luck you are stuck with it for a minimum of 5 long, dull years.

Guest little un

Yes, he got the formation wrong. We lost so we should sack him? :angry: There are 27 points to play for, although I am loosing faith. Don't think we should sack him though.

1 pair rose tinted specs

I'll give you £5.00 for the rose tinted specs............. now you's come up with the goods dude :angry:

I agree with the stability issue; however this season there has been a huge step backwards, both in the performances and the style on the pitch. Wilson hasn't convinced me this season he's got the ability to take the team any further and frankly unless he makes some improvements - mainly to his tactical arsenal and avoidance of playing players out of positions - I fear next season will be worse.

That to me isn't stability; its a long slow decline.

A manager who has had 4 years should at least show he's going somewhere with the team. Positions have improved each year but this year it looks like its a backwards step which is disappointing.

To those who say it would be wrong to push Wilson out before the end of the season you only need to go back to 96/97 to see what effect John Ward had to an underperforming city side.

It was GAME 39 when he took over and whilst he lost that one he went on to lead the side to 5 wins from the last 7 to clinch a play off place !!

But who would we bring in now ???

Steve Lansdown admitted recently that the BCFC board of directors actually sacked John Ward - probably making that decision to dismiss Ward the greatest boardroom error in this club's recent history. What did John Ward do wrong exactly? - he was very popular with both fans and players at the time of his sacking as far as I'm aware.  :angry:
Had a similar amount of tactical ability to willson, Willson has got a team out of division 1 and into the prem, that is an indisputable fact, Ward couldn't do it in division 1, he admitted that himself, but wanted that retard ray harford was it, to help him, who could coach his way out of a wet paper bag. But the city board saw that it was only going to make us worse, so decided to get in a very, very well respected coach from europe, who would have with wards manigerial ability taken this club a long way, but Ward threw his toys out of the pram and left the board no choice.

Benny needed someone who knew english football, to help him, so players like Sebok wouldn't have signed, who although techically far superior to almost anything in division 1 at the time was not going to fit in with such a poor defence around him.

Ward spent 3.2 million on virtually nothing, 1 half season striker, who has not done anything in a second half of a season in division 1 ever. 1 Striker who wasn't ever played who was the best of the lot but was lazy and couldn't be arsed to get himself fit, not a shining record.

Anyway back on topic, I'm with BB, Willson should sod off now, if he goes now we have a chance, if not we will be lucky to get up.

Guest RedwardsV1

GET WILSON OUT!!!! - It's happened again and again the past few seasons, We have the team just not the manager!

What ??!!!! My view is a balanced view !!!! We're still in Div 2 after 4 seasons of Danny Wilson and masses of money spent compared to our Div 2 rivals.

In any equation a highly paid squad and manager should not equal Div 2 football at BCFC.

I'd say that was balanced. We have been ###### patient, and this season he's gone backwards not forwards. Promotion is a dream, unless something happens now.

Guest jairob

OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT ..................NOW

ok saturday baffles me as much as everyone else, and i also don't really like wilson either, but to try and get rid of him, surely your having a laugh, what about when we 11 on the trot, you were quite happy then weren't you? just cause we are going through a little bit of a ruff patch at the moment, doesn't mean we get rid of the manager, what about the players? they are also the ones you have to look at, there the ones who go out on the pitch, did any1 apart from miller earn there money on saturday? they all looked gutless. At this important stage of the season, i suggest we get behind the team, and the manager! All is not lost yet, so come on lets all get behind the lads, COME ON YOU REDS

Archived