IGNORED

For God Sake Johnson get us a striker

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

I know everybody keeps saying you got to battle to get a result and it does not matter how you get it, but we are so poor up front if we had not got the penalty we could have been there all night with out scoring.

Showamby just has no ideal how to lead a line, most of the time he play's as a winger and puts crossing in that he should be on the end of.When your centre half is the man of the match it tell you something about the game in fact I think Brentford had more shots on target than we did.

We never or rarely look like scoring we have give ourselves a great chance but for god sake beg borrow or buy a striker

I see we had a few fans in the east end they sung their heart out to no Avila prehapes on Tuesday they could get a medium along to contact the team because they looked half dead the team that is.

You thought wrong; :disapointed2se: City 13 shots on target Brenford 5; City 8 shots off target, Brentford 5 :tongue: Totalling 21 shots at goal and we need another striker :disapointed2se: yeah right o.k then (as we are doing so crap);

let the Manager do the team, you can continue with your groans and mind boggling outbursts;

Guest yessir
I know everybody keeps saying you got to battle to get a result and it does not matter how you get it, but we are so poor up front if we had not got the penalty we could have been there all night with out scoring.

Showamby just has no ideal how to lead a line, most of the time he play's as a winger and puts crossing in that he should be on the end of.When your centre half is the man of the match it tell you something about the game in fact I think Brentford had more shots on target than we did.

We never or rarely look like scoring we have give ourselves a great chance but for god sake beg borrow or buy a striker

I see we had a few fans in the east end they sung their heart out to no Avila prehapes on Tuesday they could get a medium along to contact the team because they looked half dead the team that is.

I'll put it down to lack of education!

Oi Johnson, what dipstick.

2nd in the league, 4 points clear of 3rd and with a better goal difference and a goal in hand.....proves your theroy judged over the course of the season to be rubbish

also we from 36games this season............6 games we have not scored......VERY IMPRESSIVE

I see we had a few fans in the east end they sung their heart out to no Avila prehapes on Tuesday they could get a medium along to contact the team because they looked half dead the team that is. :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se: p.s.change your name to Memyate

Who is this new guy Showamby!

however depsite this new signing i do worry about us when we come up against better oppostiion. A striker would make all the differe,ce, maybe Brooker wil come good

Guest yessir
You just refreshed my memory as to why I ignore your posts now :doh:

Prat.

Rocky just to clarify do you mean me or ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate
Did you go today, Ashtonyate, out of intrest?

Or on Wednesday for that matter?

I have missed one match all season at home and for most of this season we have under performed including today the front play is rubbish now you tell me if thats not true if you dare.

I have missed one match all season at home and for most of this season we have under performed including today the front play is rubbish now you tell me if thats not true if you dare.

Let me. THATS NOT TRUE

Guest yessir
5th highest scorers in the division, clear second by 4 pts.

For gods sake Johnson.

Get us better catering.

Don't you start Drew!!!!!!!!!

I would not say we are 'so poor' up front and the situation is not a bleak as you suggest. However, I would like a good goalscorer brought in (particularly due to the Brookere injury saga) to give us more options.

we're 2nd in the league with 11 games to go and we're underperforming??

Guest ashtonyate
I would not say we are 'so poor' up front and the situation is not a bleak as you suggest. However, I would like a good goalscorer brought in (particularly due to the Brookere injury saga) to give us more options.

Up front there was no shape the ball comes straight back Showamby wants to play on the wing, and puts crosses in that he showed be on the end of, no running off the ball we are second in the league and may go up but its not good football in my eyes

Firstly show some respect and get his name right.

It's Showunmi.

Secondly one of our crap strikers has 16 goals to his name and the next striker has 13.

Thirdly we're scoring goals from a variety of positions rather than our normal reliance on one good striker and scott Murray.

Fourthly we have the second best goal difference as well as being second in the league. To me this shows that we are a better unit than we have been for seasons. In previous years we have seemed to been either very tight at the back and never score or score freely and heamorage goals.

Fifthly, to be honest I don't care if we play crap football. I just want us to get out of this league!!!

Are you sure your not a rovers fan or a wind up merchant Ashtonyate? :whistle2:

ashtonyate, I can understand your frustrations, but don't you think Gary is frustrated too?

After all he can't like, or have expected, Brooker to have such an injury hit season, 3 week injuries have taken double that to recover from, he's back for half a match then gone again. Showumni and Jevons have also had their fair share too, sometimes all 3 have been unavailable, now Andrew's has joined the list aswell. We lost Coterill early on and have loaned players or had at least 2 failed bids.

It has been just as hard to field 2 fit strikers this season as it was to keep Miller and Heffernan happy on the bench! And yes I do appreciate the need for competition and cover.

It has been frustrating that we haven't been able to play a pair of strikers who have been able to gel and form an understanding. Maybe the answer isn't with what we have after all, I think time is running out this season now to find out.

This understanderably puts pressure on the rest of the team. Earlier in the season it was our defenders who seemed to be the only ones regularly scoring, now the midfield have recently become more prolific. The team have responded magnificantly and deserve the league position they are in, and you don't get there without goals or a solid defence.

Yes, it would be nice having the league 1 top scorer and little else on the goalfront, but there are risks with that too. The danger of being a 'one man team' and other teams ready to come in and take him from you.

So basically with goals coming from all areas, and our league position and form I'm not so concerned as you are right now!

The funny thing is Ashtonyate is serious :doh:

I think we should open up an Ashtonyate sub-forum so we can talk about are ineffective team.

No way should Baslo be in goal! Besty's good but not like how he was, MyCombe needs to sort out his hair and lets not forget the academy players McRie-Williams, Art R' Us, Noal Ruse to name but a few.

And heaven forbit showaddywaddy should actually look for the ball in the channel and try and set up goals!

Guest ashtonyate
ashtonyate, I can understand your frustrations, but don't you think Gary is frustrated too?

After all he can't like, or have expected, Brooker to have such an injury hit season, 3 week injuries have taken double that to recover from, he's back for half a match then gone again. Showumni and Jevons have also had their fair share too, sometimes all 3 have been unavailable, now Andrew's has joined the list aswell. We lost Coterill early on and have loaned players or had at least 2 failed bids.

It has been just as hard to field 2 fit strikers this season as it was to keep Miller and Heffernan happy on the bench! And yes I do appreciate the need for competition and cover.

It has been frustrating that we haven't been able to play a pair of strikers who have been able to gel and form an understanding. Maybe the answer isn't with what we have after all, I think time is running out this season now to find out.

This understanderably puts pressure on the rest of the team. Earlier in the season it was our defenders who seemed to be the only ones regularly scoring, now the midfield have recently become more prolific. The team have responded magnificantly and deserve the league position they are in, and you don't get there without goals or a solid defence.

Yes, it would be nice having the league 1 top scorer and little else on the goalfront, but there are risks with that too. The danger of being a 'one man team' and other teams ready to come in and take him from you.

So basically with goals coming from all areas, and our league position and form I'm not so concerned as you are right now!

I agree with a lot of what you say but Johnson knew that Showumby was a gamble or Luton would have kept him and that Cottrell was getting a lot of attention, Stewart was not wanted by him so we were always going to be short of strikers

As well as selling Heffernan

He does not seem to able to get a good striker to come to City I don't know if its down to money or what. Also Booker record of fitness did not look that good so I think Johnson was Gambling with striker from the start of the season

I get accused of being a gashead and moaning fair enough but this is the best chance we have had for a while to go up as of right but I think it could all go pear shape unless we get some fire power up front I just don't think we are going to keep getting away with it, if we lose a goal we could really struggle to get one back with the way we played today

Give the guy a break.

If we somehow end up in the playoffs and score 0 or 1 in both legs and go out, then it might be aparent that we lacked a 20-goal-a-season wonder kid like Billy Sharp and who can say he's wrong?

We look like getting Auto so that success can be attributed to the team generally chipping in all round for the goals, and having 2 up front doing 'above average' in this League ie. about 10/11 each.

I'd say for the League above we really do need someone who will reguarly find the net.

Next season, blah blah blah.

This season is what's important, and if Mr Johnson want's to run with what we've got, fair enough. We are 2nd, game in hand, that tells me that we're in a better position than seasons before.

For God's sake Johnson, stop getting us nearly promoted!.

You thought wrong; :disapointed2se: City 13 shots on target Brenford 5; City 8 shots off target, Brentford 5 :tongue: Totalling 21 shots at goal and we need another striker :disapointed2se: yeah right o.k then (as we are doing so crap);

let the Manager do the team, you can continue with your groans and mind boggling outbursts;

21 shots at goal and we only scored once - and that was a pen! :disapointed2se:

I think we have a problem in front of goal, regardless of our current position and form. As a team, we have to create far more chances than any other team because our strike rate is so low. We deserve to win games by a bigger margin based on the chances we create.

We had several chances today, as we have many times in previous games, to put the game beyond doubt and yet, once again, we find ourselves with our backs to the wall in the ninetieth minute.

We may be getting away with it now, but if our luck holds and we get promoted this season, we'll be found out up there.

I agree with a lot of what you say but Johnson knew that Showumby was a gamble or Luton would have kept him and that Cottrell was getting a lot of attention, Stewart was not wanted by him so we were always going to be short of strikers

As well as selling Heffernan

He does not seem to able to get a good striker to come to City I don't know if its down to money or what. Also Booker record of fitness did not look that good so I think Johnson was Gambling with striker from the start of the season

I get accused of being a gashead and moaning fair enough but this is the best chance we have had for a while to go up as of right but I think it could all go pear shape unless we get some fire power up front I just don't think we are going to keep getting away with it, if we lose a goal we could really struggle to get one back with the way we played today

He wasnt the one that sold heffernan, that was tinnion just before we sold lita, so not a Johnson sale.

Guest ashtonyate
He wasnt the one that sold heffernan, that was tinnion just before we sold lita, so not a Johnson sale.

yes you are right it was last season

Let me. THATS NOT TRUE

Actually - on the comment that we have not always played that well and the lack of a decent striker - Ashtonyate is correct. I love the position we are in but it does not paper over all of the cracks - certainly in the area I sit most would agree with that. So for someone to say "that's not true" means I have missed the irony of the reply (sorry if I have) or they have been watching different games to me?

Put simply, feel that we are missing a match fit Steve Brooker! ...Steve would be a first choice in most Championship teams, yet alone Div 1!?

I believe Steve's sick-note season is the difference between dominating games that we win by several goals..thought we missed him badly yesterday.

Some of you obviously have a prejudice on ashtonyates posts because of previous threads, a regular goal scorer brought in as an emergency loan could secure us automatic promotion. Without one, hopefully it will happen, but its going to be closer than it needs to be, there are quite a lot of one-nils, and it only takes a slip in the last minute and vital points go begging.

We really need to find a regular scorer now though, and most people who fit the bill are playing for someone with something to play for. I reckon Crewe are safe and wont push for the play offs either, Varney looks good, and could probably play in the championship, do you think the club would finance a 750k bid in the hope promotion would follow? We could move Smith and Andrews on to cover the wages?

Si.

Some of you obviously have a prejudice on ashtonyates posts because of previous threads, a regular goal scorer brought in as an emergency loan could secure us automatic promotion. Without one, hopefully it will happen, but its going to be closer than it needs to be, there are quite a lot of one-nils, and it only takes a slip in the last minute and vital points go begging.

We really need to find a regular scorer now though, and most people who fit the bill are playing for someone with something to play for. I reckon Crewe are safe and wont push for the play offs either, Varney looks good, and could probably play in the championship, do you think the club would finance a 750k bid in the hope promotion would follow? We could move Smith and Andrews on to cover the wages?

Si.

Is that the same Varney whos out injured for 6 weeks?

Yes, it would be very nice to bring in a regular goalscorer on an emergency loan. If you have any idea where we could find such a player, I suggest you let Johnson know, as I somewhat doubt such a player exists.

I have been to all the games, and thought this season, we may not have been flashy, or scored bucket loads, but we have done what is needed. We have consistantly not had a regualr starting pair, and i think this is the reason for what you class as under performing. But it is a team game, and so far we are doing very well.

And just for the record, its SHOWUMNI.

Of course they exist. There are lot's mid table teams in the football league.

Who would you suggest we try to sign then? If a player is a regular goalscorer, than it is certain that they will be a first team regular. Why would a championship first team regular want to come to us, when we might not be promoted? And teams stuck in mid table in the lower leagues generally do not have 25 goal a season strikers, or they wouldn't be mid table.

Guest ashtonyate
I have been to all the games, and thought this season, we may not have been flashy, or scored bucket loads, but we have don't what is needed. We have consistantly not had a regualr starting pair, and i think this is the reason for what you class as under performing. But it is a team game, and so far we are doing very well.

Thank you for Showumni by the way it is done Not flashy ok your right

Guest ashtonyate
Who would you suggest we try to sign then? If a player is a regular goalscorer, than it is certain that they will be a first team regular. Why would a championship first team regular want to come to us, when we might not be promoted? And teams stuck in mid table in the lower leagues generally do not have 25 goal a season strikers, or they wouldn't be mid table.

So what are we going to do next season if what you say is true, there must be teams who need a few quid and are not going anywhere this season

Can l ask a question? Where exactly are we going to get this 20+ goalscorer from? And we are getting results so why unrest a winning squad? And don't you think that the work rate of the forwards are helping the midfield score? To be honest l could give a flying *&*^ where the goals come from as long as we win games.

So what are we going to do next season if what you say is true, there must be teams who need a few quid and are not going anywhere this season

Yes there are, but do they have strikers who are better than what we have? Remember next season we wil (hopefully) have Championship football, and players in that league will be far more willing to join us.

Guest ashtonyate
I don't believe you are criticising peoples grammer!!!

its not grammar its spelling he pointed out my mistake and I pointed out his

Guest ashtonyate
Can l ask a question? Where exactly are we going to get this 20+ goalscorer from? And we are getting results so why unrest a winning squad? And don't you think that the work rate of the forwards are helping the midfield score? To be honest l could give a flying *&*^ where the goals come from as long as we win games.

Its like most things you pay you get

its not grammar its spelling he pointed out my mistake and I pointed out his

Actually pal it is a grammatical error to use the wrong word. He spelt a word correctly but used it inappropriately.

Also what guarentee would it be that spending vast sums of money will guarentee success. It could well ruin the harmony within the club and reduce our team spirit.

How many of our big name loan signings have been an outright success. I can only think of Mark Robins and Robert Fleck (please correct me if their names are incorrect)

Although I wouldn't put it in quite such a way I actually agree with Ashtonyate a bit.

We lack strikers that are dangerous in the box and understand how important movement is. They often come deep or wide and then.... stop. It makes life easy for opposing defenders.

In the first 10 minutes we got behind Brentford a couple of times with some great through balls, something we've done rarely this season, and then it stopped and Jevons and Showunmi just seemed to take their feet off the gas and stop moving into gaps.

I was very surprised to see Smith benched, and thought he should have come on earlier because his workrate and movement are excellent and just what we needed in the second half to keep the pressure on Brentford and off us.

If we do go up this season I think GJ will have to have a long hard look at the front line over the summer not least because of the terrible injury records Brooker and Showunmi have.

Guest Old Dazzler

It always raises a smile when someone points out a spelling mistake and gets it wrong themselves!

I'm not proposing anyone. Quite a few players are running out of contract this summer and would consider a move to Bristol City. Last time we got promoted we lost Shaun Goater about this time of the season. We almost got Pospisil so why don't grab the opportunity this time!

But with Pospisil as your example, we could not sign him till summer due to him playing in scotland, so not able to move on loan or transfer out of transfer windows, if his contract was terminated then could possibly sign him that way, just have to wait for international clearance

I wouldn't put things in quite the same terms as Astonyate but I will say this - Jevons and Showunmi as a partnership DO NOT WORK. Neither of them has the ability to consistently hold up the ball. I agree with Nibor in that I thought Smith would have been introduced earlier. What Smith did do that the other two didn't was put the Brentford back four under pressure and stopped them playing the ball forward exactly how they wanted to. Before he came on I lost count of the number of times the ball came back at us due to the front two's inability to keep hold of it.

Ideally you want Jevons OR Showunmi up front alongside somebody who can hold the ball and link the play. If someone knows how to get Brooker match fit for the last ten games of the season then please pass on the advice to GJ because that would more or less guarantee us promotion in my opinion.

However, despite the above, you have to say that whatever this team may lack in certain areas, it certainly has the balls for a scrap - the lack of which has prevented us getting promoted in the past.

Guest ashtonyate
Actually pal it is a grammatical error to use the wrong word. He spelt a word correctly but used it inappropriately.

Also what guarantee would it be that spending vast sums of money will guarantee success. It could well ruin the harmony within the club and reduce our team spirit.

How many of our big name loan signings have been an outright success. I can only think of Mark Robins and Robert Fleck (please correct me if their names are incorrect)

Oh dear we can all play the spelling game its content that matters

Looking down the league 1 top scorers list, I see:-

Constantine, Trundle, Greenacre, Byfield, Hawley and Taylor-Fletcher.

Windass went to Hull recently, and Leon Best went back to Southampton,

League 2 has Izale McLeod and Richie Barker who score a lot.

Northampton just signed Kenny Deuchar who has scored 2 or 3 in the last 2 or 3 games?

Some of these might be injured at the moment, but thats 11 names who realistically, we could attract given our league position. How about championship squad players like Ricardo Fuller Jon Parkin and Bradley Wright Phillips.

Guest NodBadtheRed

Ashtonyate,

I do not care about anything you have to say, it may be valid, it may not, I just don't care.

As far as BCFC is concerned, the current league position and promotion is all I care about.

That said, the singular thing that annoys me about your posts, is the constant misspelling of our players names. Have some respect.

This isn't having a go at your grammar, the content of your posts (everyone is entitled to voice their opinion and if people don't like it, don't read it), its not having a go at your level of education or intelligence, it's just a matter of having respect for other people.

Even after people have pointed out your 'mistake', you continue to call Enoch Showunmi a variety of disrespectful names.

Continue to post, but do it with respect!

Looking down the league 1 top scorers list, I see:-

Constantine, Trundle, Greenacre, Byfield, Hawley and Taylor-Fletcher.

Windass went to Hull recently, and Leon Best went back to Southampton,

League 2 has Izale McLeod and Richie Barker who score a lot.

Northampton just signed Kenny Deuchar who has scored 2 or 3 in the last 2 or 3 games?

Some of these might be injured at the moment, but thats 11 names who realistically, we could attract given our league position. How about championship squad players like Ricardo Fuller Jon Parkin and Bradley Wright Phillips.

all the strikers you quote are under contract, therefore at this stage of the season would their clubs be willing to let them come to us on loan?????

the answer sadly i fell would be a big NO NO!

other teams are fighting to get in to the top six in there division or avoid relegation. so unless they really have nothing to play for ,then we have no chance of signing the players you mention.

so we are looking at championship reserve players, untested, with unproven goalscoring records. Would this sort of player improve on what we have? Maybe, maybe not.

Or we can stick with what we have and hope Brooker and Showumni get fit. Rember only a few teams in this division have scored more than us this season.

As long as we keep winning, it does't really matter who scores. But as soon as we loose one or two i guess it's open season for the Johnson Bashers!

Guest ashtonyate
Ashtonyate,

I do not care about anything you have to say, it may be valid, it may not, I just don't care.

As far as BCFC is concerned, the current league position and promotion is all I care about.

That said, the singular thing that annoys me about your posts, is the constant misspelling of our players names. Have some respect.

This isn't having a go at your grammar, the content of your posts (everyone is entitled to voice their opinion and if people don't like it, don't read it), its not having a go at your level of education or intelligence, it's just a matter of having respect for other people.

Even after people have pointed out your 'mistake', you continue to call Enoch Showunmi a variety of disrespectful names.

Continue to post, but do it with respect!

I Can't be bother with nit pickers so I misspelling his name so what people misspell my name all the time, his name is not the easiest to spell and pro nosed nothing like its is spelt as i said before its the content that matter's if you want to have a go at what I say fair enough this is a forum for views not English lessons

all the strikers you quote are under contract, therefore at this stage of the season would their clubs be willing to let them come to us on loan?????

other teams are fighting to get in to the top six in there division or avoid relegation. so unless they really have nothing to play for ,then we have no chance of signing the players you mention.

so we are looking at championship reserve players, untested, with unproven goalscoring records. Would this sort of player improve on what we have? Maybe, maybe not.

Or we can stick with what we have and hope Brooker and Showumni get fit. Rember only a few teams in this division have scored more than us this season.

As long as we keep winning, it does't really matter who scores. But as soon as we loose one or two i guess it's open season for the Johnson Bashers!

There is no doubt some of those clubs would accept a bid. If you went to port vale with 500k for constantine they would bite your hand off. Best isnt first choice at Soton, he could be available, Windass went to Hull for free or very little. I came up with that list in about 10 minutes, and I am not a full time scout, money talks and we could do a deal. We played boro and rovers twice since the transfer window closed and with Yeovil Forest and Swansea coming up at home they are going to be 15000 plus attendances, there ought to be the funds available.

Si.

Jamie Cureton and Chris Ieowlumo have both scored 14+ goals this season so far?

personally I'd rather go into the championship with a front-line options of Enoch, Brooker and Jevons than either of those 2, if they can score those goals in the championship, why couldn't Jevons & Co?........personally I rate our forwards more than colchesters and look where they are?

so do we actually need to sign better forwards right away?

I Can't be bother with nit pickers so I misspelling his name so what people misspell my name all the time, his name is not the easiest to spell and pro nosed nothing like its is spelt as i said before its the content that matter's if you want to have a go at what I say fair enough this is a forum for views not English lessons

Good point.....I think, no wait I misread it...it's not a good point at all. No, hang on a minute, the spelling put me off, it is a good point isn't it? No, no wait again, I think I understand what you're saying now, and it's not a good point....or is it? Oh boll**** to it!

Guest ashtonyate
Jamie Cureton and Chris Ieowlumo have both scored 14+ goals this season so far?

personally I'd rather go into the championship with a front-line options of Enoch, Brooker and Jevons than either of those 2, if they can score those goals in the championship, why couldn't Jevons & Co?........personally I rate our forwards more than colchesters and look where they are?

so do we actually need to sign better forwards right away?

We need a target man anyway Brooker is the only real target man and if he gets injured we have no one else.The rest are players who need to play off a target man.

The trouble with what you are saying is we have still a long way to go before or if we get promoted. I want us to go up as of right which a new goal scoring forward would give us a great chance of doing or if Brooker gets fit.

As thing stand at the moment I am not sure we will go up as of right. Then we are left to the play offs and our games with the gas shows what can happen.

I just think we got to push the boat out and buy a Quality striker to help get us up and which would stand us in good stead for the new season hopefully in the Championship

If it isn't a forum for nitpicking then why are you doing this to others.

It isn't hard to go onto the BBC website or the club one or a multitude or other sites and highlight the name press Ctrl C which copies the name and then press Ctrl V to paste it into the reply you want.

It doesn't take two minutes and really will improve the content of your topics. Making your posts understandable really does increase the enjoyment of reading your comments.

In my opinion it is disrespectful to firstly get someones name wrong and then continue to do so when people have corrected you.

Spot on, l was going to write the same thing.

We need a target man anyway Brooker is the only real target man and if he gets injured we have no one else.The rest are players who need to play off a target man.

The trouble with what you are saying is we have still a long way to go before or if we get promoted. I want us to go up as of right which a new goal scoring forward would give us a great chance of doing or if Brooker gets fit.

As thing stand at the moment I am not sure we will go up as of right. Then we are left to the play offs and our games with the gas shows what can happen.

I just think we got to push the boat out and buy a Quality striker to help get us up and which would stand us in good stead for the new season hopefully in the Championship

two words

TRANSFER WINDOW!

we can't buy players at the moment! the only players available are those currently not attached to other clubs, and they are un-attached for a reason

plus I believe we can't sign players on loan now either apart from emergency loans such as a goalkeeper!!!

tell you what why don't we do what you suggest and sign a striker, we then play him and then get done for fielding an ineligable player and get docked points?!? yeah! that's a great idea!

two words

TRANSFER WINDOW!

we can't buy players at the moment! the only players available are those currently not attached to other clubs, and they are un-attached for a reason

plus I believe we can't sign players on loan now either apart from emergency loans such as a goalkeeper!!!

tell you what why don't we do what you suggest and sign a striker, we then play him and then get done for fielding an ineligable player and get docked points?!? yeah! that's a great idea!

Transfer window is irrelevant.

The emergency loan system is wide open and has been all along, we've already used it once to make a signing that is permanent(Noble) and so have Forest (Tyson).

If GJ wanted to bring in a striker and the money was available the regulations wouldn't stop him.

two words

TRANSFER WINDOW!

Firstly, yes, we could do with someone banging it away on a regular basis, but the team as a whole have done well. in this respect.

Secondly, as Ashtonsmate said, there is a transfer window that is now closed, so we can only make emergency loan signings. Whilst our injury record up front should enable us to make an emergency loan, who the hell is going to let a proven 20 goals a season striker go out on loan? It's just not going to happen.

And finally - Ashtonyate... people don't spell your name wrong. When they type t0sser, they know exactly what they're typing!!!!

Secondly, as Ashtonsmate said, there is a transfer window that is now closed, so we can only make emergency loan signings.

Which means, as far as the FA is concerned, we can sign whoever we like.

Whilst our injury record up front should enable us to make an emergency loan,

There are no criteria for "emergency" loans other than us telling the FA it's an emergency as far as I'm aware.

who the hell is going to let a proven 20 goals a season striker go out on loan?

Any team whose season is already over who is offered enough money.

It isn't going to happen because GJ is unlikely to want to unsettle the squad - and rightly so- but the regulations do not prevent it.

We will have to look hard at our striker force over the summer whichever division we're playing in next season, and for me identifying a great striker is the one thing that I haven't seen GJ do yet.

actually got it wrong players can only be signed on a loan basis from the 22nd Feb to 22nd March at which point it is then closed apart from for Keepers.

so bascially we have until next thursday to make any further signings, personnally unless we lose anyone else to injury I don't think we need a forward, in Brooker, Jevons, Enoch, Andrews & Smith we have more than enough quality, ok we are missing Brooker and Andrews but are both short term injuries.

5 league wins in a row, personally don't see the need to bring in anyone right now unless we suffer any new problems

I cant believe how anyone can criticise our forward line. Our two top goal scorers have about 30 between them which isnt bad. Plus, away from the forward line, we are scoring from every area possible! Keogh has 4 this season, more than Brooker who is also a striker (granted brooker has had somewhat of an indifferent season). McCombe has 3 or 4. Carey has a couple. Then onto midfield, Johnson has a few, Noble has scored a couple. Betsy has got 1, Murray has about 6 or 7. So its not like we cant score goals!

And as for saying we shou,d be beating teams easily. If we score, and they don't trouble our keeper in their 5 shots, then one goal is enough!

Guest ashtonyate
actually got it wrong players can only be signed on a loan basis from the 22nd Feb to 22nd March at which point it is then closed apart from for Keepers.

so bascially we have until next thursday to make any further signings, personnally unless we lose anyone else to injury I don't think we need a forward, in Brooker, Jevons, Enoch, Andrews & Smith we have more than enough quality, ok we are missing Brooker and Andrews but are both short term injuries.

5 league wins in a row, personally don't see the need to bring in anyone right now unless we suffer any new problems

Brooker is our only target man the only player who can hold up the ball the rest are not and as for Andrews they could let him go back to Coventry he has pace but little else.I really don't know how you can say we have more than enough quality what games are you watching its not the same as I watch

I just hope my last post of the season is not going to be I told you so

I cant believe how anyone can criticise our forward line. Our two top goal scorers have about 30 between them which isnt bad. Plus, away from the forward line, we are scoring from every area possible! Keogh has 4 this season, more than Brooker who is also a striker (granted brooker has had somewhat of an indifferent season). McCombe has 3 or 4. Carey has a couple. Then onto midfield, Johnson has a few, Noble has scored a couple. Betsy has got 1, Murray has about 6 or 7. So its not like we cant score goals!

And as for saying we shou,d be beating teams easily. If we score, and they don't trouble our keeper in their 5 shots, then one goal is enough!

And if they do trouble our keeper with one of their 5 shots, we lose points. Would you like to see us trying to hold on to a one nil v forest with an hour left to play? If we are winning 1 nil against them, thats great, but it will be a struggle to hold the better teams off for most of the game. The rest of the team have done very well, and the forwards are working hard, but we could do even better with more of a cutting edge. If we had Sharp we would be god knows how far in front. We aint going to get Sharp, but he has about 25 this season, about double the amount of Jevons who is our top scorer in the league. Jevons can finish and has done ok, but isnt brilliant in the air or super quick. If we had someone better we could be safe already.

Archived