IGNORED

For God Sake Johnson get us a striker

Guest ashtonyate

And if they do trouble our keeper with one of their 5 shots, we lose points. Would you like to see us trying to hold on to a one nil v forest with an hour left to play? If we are winning 1 nil against them, thats great, but it will be a struggle to hold the better teams off for most of the game. The rest of the team have done very well, and the forwards are working hard, but we could do even better with more of a cutting edge. If we had Sharp we would be god knows how far in front. We aint going to get Sharp, but he has about 25 this season, about double the amount of Jevons who is our top scorer in the league. Jevons can finish and has done ok, but isnt brilliant in the air or super quick. If we had someone better we could be safe already.

I never said that we were holding on. And i think we played very comfortably and conservitably against Brentford. Doing enough to win but not doing too much to tire ourselves out for Tomorrow. Against the higher teams I think we will keep atticking and keep pileing the pressure on them.

Brooker is our only target man the only player who can hold up the ball the rest are not and as for Andrews they could let him go back to Coventry he has pace but little else.I really don't know how you can say we have more than enough quality what games are you watching its not the same as I watch

I just hope my last post of the season is not going to be I told you so

Andy Smith has done a great job of doing the target man role when called up for a couple of games,

the fact that we have more than enough quality is based upon the simply facts that we are

2nd in the league (4 points clear of 3rd, with a game in hand)

5th scorers in the league

3rd best goal difference.

we have had only 6 games this season in the league where we have not scored.

17 different players have scored this season

that is enough evidence that we have enough quality throughout the squad

Guest ashtonyate
Andy Smith has done a great job of doing the target man role when called up for a couple of games,

the fact that we have more than enough quality is based upon the simply facts that we are

2nd in the league (4 points clear of 3rd, with a game in hand)

5th scorers in the league

3rd best goal difference.

we have had only 6 games this season in the league where we have not scored.

17 different players have scored this season

that is enough evidence that we have enough quality throughout the squad

So you think Andy Smith is a target man well if he is I am missing something about what a target mans job is. I thought it was to hold up play and play players in all so having a pop now and again. Smith runs around like a blue ass fly and puts there defence under pressure but I would not say he is a target man by any stretch of the imagination

So you think Andy Smith is a target man well if he is I am missing something about what a target mans job is. I thought it was to hold up play and play players in all so having a pop now and again. Smith runs around like a blue ass fly and puts there defence under pressure but I would not say he is a target man by any stretch of the imagination

he's not main target man, however did a good enough job up at chesterfield when asked to, looking at his history though in NI he has played that role before when needed, he is perfectly capable of doing the role without doubt.

either way, regardless of having a targetman this season, we have done a great job without one and can continue to do so for the remained of the season.

either way we only have until thursday week to bring in a player, that is only going to happen if we lose another striker or if Andrews is recalled which is unlikely now considering how Cov are doing.

Guest ashtonyate
he's not main target man, however did a good enough job up at chesterfield when asked to, looking at his history though in NI he has played that role before when needed, he is perfectly capable of doing the role without doubt.

either way, regardless of having a targetman this season, we have done a great job without one and can continue to do so for the remained of the season.

either way we only have until thursday week to bring in a player, that is only going to happen if we lose another striker or if Andrews is recalled which is unlikely now considering how Cov are doing.

I agree the team has done well for most of the season there has been a few bad days Cheltenham etc but the defence is very strong Mcome and Carey and the rest are good enough for next season where i have a problem is in the attack if we had a big target man I think we would be top of the league by now and looking for 8 or so points to go up.

Because what has happened in the past I am worried it will all go pear shape and watching them on Saturday did nothing to tell me other wise.

I agree the team has done well for most of the season there has been a few bad days Cheltenham etc but the defence is very strong Mcome and Carey and the rest are good enough for next season where i have a problem is in the attack if we had a big target man I think we would be top of the league by now and looking for 8 or so points to go up.

Because what has happened in the past I am worried it will all go pear shape and watching them on Saturday did nothing to tell me other wise.

can't change the past...........would have, could have, should have............MIGHT HAVE

Ashtonyates right, and hes wrong.

We do need a RELIABLE striker. We keep losing one of em injured at the mo. sadly

We are scoring goals from everywhere though which is great. Now a consistently fit pair of strikers, we'd be in heaven now wouldnt we

Thank you!

Thats ok!

Someone mentioned Eastwood, but I reckon it would take a 2- 2.5 million bid for someone to get him, maybe more. If we get promoted our best option would be to cherry pick the best strikers from league 1 and 2. A good championship striker costs a fortune these days, mcsheffrey went for about 4 million, even rowan vine who I thought was only a decent/ average striker at that level went for about 2.5m I think.

Si.

Archived