IGNORED

Christian Roberts

Guest citygal17

Guest citygal17

People are now suggesting that roberts should be playing upfront instead of right wing. He has played in both and i think that he should play upfront as it would be interesting to c if he would score some goals. But where would u put him if anywhere. :angry:

Guest nobby
People are now suggesting that roberts should be playing upfront instead of right wing. He has played in both and i think that he should play upfront as it would be interesting to c if he would score some goals. But where would u put him if anywhere. :angry:
on loan to qpr with a guarante that he has to play in all thier matches

Roberts up front with Miller - I don't think the Lita is as effective from the start.

Then you have to put someone on the right of midfield. If Brown was fit then Goodfellow would be a choice, but as he isn't Goodfellow should(!!) be playing in his place.

Marvin has played on the right for the reserves this season, and when he made his only start in the first team this year. Amankwaah is out as well, so I'd be tempted to try Hawkins there.

Then of course, you could always put Wilkshire there :angry:

Guest comeonyoureds

i think roberts should start up front on weds with miller, i think lita would probably be better coming on in the second half away from home.

roberts wants to play up front and not on the wing so hopeflly he'd take his chance! i think roberts best plus point is although his shots sometimes fly high and wide at least he isnt scared to have a go at goal!

Guest Filton Red

I agree with Taz, pushing Roberts forward, but keep Goodfellow on left and use either Marvin, or Hawkins on right. (It is ment to be Darren Hawkins posistion after all...)

Up Front. Robbo will get goals, if he gets a run in the side, as prooved, he scored more goals with less time on the pitch than peacock last season, set up more goals than anyone bar Murray.

Stick Marv on the right and Freezer on the left.

Guest RussRed

We have to put him up front people are moaning that we aint shooting enough and that we dont score enough goals. Robbo can put the ball in the back of the net and will have a crack from anywhere but if he gets his chance and misses the target than he will get critisized for doin what people wanted in the first place

Guest twaters

I would like to add. I admit i am not very confident when i see him one on one as i would say peacock. However to all those fans who criticise him for his obvious lack of composure infront of goal i think the amount of chances he creates through his pace and runs and skill completely outweigh his misses every now and again. As last season proved he can score goals and i think with a decent run in the side he can score a few more. Lita is more of a goalscorer than provider, Roberts is a mix and match, Peacock is a target man, Mller is probably a target man although i think with confidence will become a natural goalscorer too. Overall i think we have a decent selection of talent to score enough goals to win promo, its just getting the mix right, which i believe danny has NOT quite done yet. Play Roberts for the last set of games, although he shoulda been given a chance earlier in the season. Its a shame he is now going to be judged this late on with all this pressure, i guess he will either become a hero or forgotten city player that never made it.

Good luck to the guy. Come on you reds!

Guest Red_Alligator

The only way to get the best from Christian is to play him in the centre - preferably with Miller in my opinion. He's never going to perform to his best out wide. There's no guarantee that this combo would work in the short term but given our situation now (probably a cert for the play-offs whatever happens?!) I think it would be worth a go. You never know it might just generate the goals needed to grab us second spot. I can't understand why it hasn't been tried seriously before - DW seems to have tried everything else. I think that Leroy Lita should play in the role of "super-sub". That seemed to work Ok.

Guest whitey_03

After watching the game on Saturday I have to agree with most here that Roberts must play up front with Miller.

I watched him on the wing, and his pace is frightening and he would thrive on Millers flick-ons. As expected Miller started as sub on Saturday, but when he came on I feel he showed he was willing to get involved and try and get something from the game, unlike some players who I felt were hiding from the ball, not wanting it. The little and large combination will work, and Miller and Roberts will do it, with Lita coming off the bench to work on tired defenders.

Also on the note of Lita, I have to say I was disappointed with him on Saturday. I had been reading this forum for a few weeks before coming down and was expecting to be blown away by his pace, shooting etc. Maybe it was just me but he looked as though he was struggling from the start, he didnt look as fast as I was expecting, although he did get himself into good positions. But he does look the type of player who would destroy you coming on fresh late in the game.

As many have said commitment was lacking, some players not up for it at all. Also, i thought JB could have been sent off easily, theres commitment then theres down right crazy tackles, and he is no good to anyone sitting in the stand.

So please Danny, bite the bullet, admit your wrong, play Miller/Roberts partnership up front and get this stumbling promotion bid back on track before its de-railed with no hope of being saved.

Archived