IGNORED

In The Chairman's Shoes........

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

So, you've worked hard to develop the club, but are surely starting to have concerns about the progress of BCFC.

As a very successful businessman, along with other members of the board, you are concerned that the man you have charged with progressing the club has seemingly reached a plateau and your competitors look like taking the cream again.

You are well aware of the turbulent recent history of the club, before you took the reins, but do you now consider that the period of stability which has followed your appointment of the Manager, has now the danger of turning into stagnation.

You are aware that a recent holder of the Managers post, admitted to the local press that he found himself - in so many words - 'at a loss' and 'needing assistance'.

Do you call the Manager into the office on Monday and b*llock him?

Do you call him in for an honest and open chat, in which he reveals (alledgedly) that some of the players are still 'bending' club rules on drinking and diet, this allied with the fact that he's not sure in which position they play and whether they are fit or not....................

Do you call him in and issue his P45? If so who do you consider to be a suitably qualified candidate and are you willing to push the boat out salarywise to secure a proven man?

I'll be honest, if I was in Steve Lansdown's shoes I'd be racking my brains as to the solution and if it was to secure the services of a new Manager, I'd be struggling to think of a suitable candidate - I really would have to wait for the application forms to come in.

Or he could just say we've blown it again because we didn't put enough money in the pot - not that I would in his position - he would be mad to throw away his hard earned on a bunch of wasters ! BUT Goochey said he would :angry: allegedly

• Admin
Or he could just say we've blown it again because we didn't put enough money in the pot - not that I would in his position - he would be mad to throw away his hard earned on a bunch of wasters ! BUT Goochey said he would  :angry: allegedly

Surely we're grateful for the money that the Directors have put in and have recently stated that adding to the squad has not been ruled out.

Compared with virtually every other club in the bottom 2 divisions we have been superbly financially supported by the board.

"A bunch of wasters" - you know as well as I do, if that is true, the buck stops with the Manager, he signs them.

Or he could just say we've blown it again because we didn't put enough money in the pot
Very harsh, haven't we spent more than anyone in the lower leagues? It is how we have spent it that may be the question.

I think Wilkshire and Miller are very good prospects, however, I do believe that we spent to much on them considering the financial aituation in the game last Summer. Goodfellow was a total waste of the money, should have gone for a Free with a sell on clause, no more.

Guest Spike
Or he could just say we've blown it again because we didn't put enough money in the pot
I dont think thats important to him... if it was surely he would want City to get promoted to the first division where there is more money to be made

If we have "alleged" breaches of discipline re diet, and drink, then this club has got a problem, our under performing has got a reason, and its true that some of them dont give a toss about the shirt they wear. Obviously a discipline problem off the pitch, which then reflects on the pitch, or is it simply, the players wont perform for the manager any more?

In this case time for our illustrious manager to er- go?

the money issue is a false trail, we have spent quite a bit, its the calibre of players which is at issue. I personally think that Miller & Wilkshire will be good for the club, once they settle, and get a full 90 in their correct position. This Goodfellow, I've not seen yet, and opinion, like the other two is split on.

for me Peacock, and Butler shouldnt even be on the bench currently, as their contributions are hardly impressive are they. And surely after 4 ##*** years we are not dependant on TWO players for everything- Doc, and Aaron, surely to God?

Wilson has one hell of a lot to answer for, and its time he did, one way or other. NO MORE EXCUSES-SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT!

Archived