IGNORED

"back To Being Hard To Beat"

richieb

Is this the case? Have we stopped being hard to beat?

Were we ever hard to beat ? :angry:

Perhaps this is the case, DW set out his stall to defend & grind out the results. Yep, this was evident in much that has gone on this season.

We have seen little flair, very little invention & in truth on Saturday, little of anything that could inspire confidence. :Sleep12:

The 11 match unbeaten run, was on the back of some solid defensive displays & a fair share of lady luck.

But in my experience, a team trying to win it's way with these tactics, needs to have an outlet that takes pressure of the continue 'backs against the wall'.

I think that DW & SL want to replicate what Wigan did last season. Well we have tried it, got lucky, but are no match for the quality they had when the pressure was taken off & they went forward.

We need goals & just as important we need to create goals.

Its' ok saying we need to become hard to beat, but we also need to see off teams that at present are up for games far more than we are.

April is a massive month & we need to get that proactive flair into the team, if we rely on our defensive qualities, it will be our downfall. :D

Your right were no wigan , they had quality defenders like de vos , weve got butler. And they had good strikers like Ellington to take the pressure off them , weve got peacock. It just shows the difference in quality and i dont think we should try and replicate them because we have some good attack minded players , in goodfellow , roberts , wilkshire , tinnion , lita , and miller , if we really went at teams like we did last season we could walk this league and would be much harder to beat , thats whats so frustrating , weve got the players its just the style thats wrong.

I think to be fair that Steve L also said we need goals!  :angry:
You are right, he has said we need those goals.

I realise that the Barnsley cup tie, SL gave words of wisdom & it worked wonders.

So lets be hard to beat & score loads of goals - SIMPLE REALLY!!!

Archived