IGNORED

The Clear Out

Bristol Boy

Right, I think everyone knows I'm not the chuckle bros biggest fan, but one thing they have done is cleared out the Pulis dros-albeit, they signed some more, the squad is leaner that it was when they took over.

This season Hulbert, Matthews ( A DW signing,Loan) & Clist went, along with Darren Jones.

My question is, why?

If you're going to clear the decks, surely it's to bring something in and 6/8 wks ago, DW said it was a central midfielder, now it's striker and..............just like the numpty he is, deadline day is in four days time......uneal :angry:

Guest twaters

Whilst i understand what you are saying, i believe wilsons moves in the transfer market and clearing out the players has been a good thing. We have a strong small squad what i believe is needed to survive financially and position wise. In order to achieve promotion we need the tactical know how to fully utalise the assets of our squad and youth system and this is where wilson is slightly lacking in my opinion.

I hope bell and Mathews do go and we continue to secure our financial soundness of mind.

As far as the signings i think they are prudent, but not going to gain us promotion this season. They are building blocks towards a brighter future, and sadly for wilson i doubt it wil be with him at the helm.

Whilst i understand what you are saying, i believe wilsons moves in the transfer market and clearing out the players has been a good thing. We have a strong small squad what i believe is needed to survive financially and position wise. In order to achieve promotion we need the tactical know how to fully utalise the assets of our squad and youth system and this is where wilson is slightly lacking in my opinion.

I hope bell and Mathews do go and we continue to secure our financial soundness of mind.

As far as the signings i think they are prudent, but not going to gain us promotion this season. They are building blocks towards a brighter future, and sadly for wilson i doubt it wil be with him at the helm.

Good points, but the strength of our squad was shown to be lacking on Saturday.Wilsons had four seasons to build and it hasn't happened despite our financial advantage and Academy.

Burnells not a midfielder and never will be.Lita & Miller are lightweight and won't improve without far better crosses and service.

The laon signings were needed 6/8 weeks ago and DW's customary complacency has cost us dear.

Guest twaters

The massive thing that we lacked saturday was decent thinking. Why on earth he made some of those subs will elude me for days untill wednesday! Fair enough peacock was injured, i would have brought on miller too. But i felt Burnell wasnt playing very well and giving the ball away alot and slowing down attacks, admittedly he looked great battling but that was because we didnt have enough of the ball, hence his partial fault in the first place. Anyway i felt he sould have been sacrificed for goodfellow and tinnion who is more than capable at battling moved back to his regular central position! this season anyway. But bringing on BELL! He hasnt played in a while and... well i am going to bloew up if i dont shush.

I think we need one loan signing, A right midfielder or left. Depending on where he wants to play goodfellow. Thats my simple solutions. PLus give Roberts a go upfront. I know it is late in the season but he shoulda been playing before now. So we need to start playing goodfellow consistantly on the wing with a new winger on the other, preferably Murray if available, I'm dreaming i know! And the chances will come as will the finishes.

We aint ever going to go up, with the strike force as it stands. Peacock is a waste of 600,000, they saw us coming didnt they?? Why the ##** did he start Saturday, id as I have heard he didnt train at all last week? Another reason we struggle is cos DW picks some players regardless of performance, week in week out, butler is another, WHY?? If they aint performing, why play em? We have got plenty of cover. And if DW dont rate Wilkshire, Miller, Goodfellow, Roberts, Lita, Bell etc, who he wont play/plays in wrong positions/ 20 minutes as a sub every game, transfer list em, and get players HE THINKS can do the job. Aaaaaaaaarrrrggggghhh!!

What we need is confidence, and a goal scorer will give us that confidence back. with the exception of Butler our defewnce is reasonable, if our midfield is played in their correct positions its also pretty good, but Miller aint going to succeed on his own is he?

mind you we've been here before aint we?? Right I'll go to me room quietly then!

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

If you're going to clear the decks, surely it's to bring something in and 6/8 wks ago, DW said it was a central midfielder, now it's striker and..............just like the numpty he is, deadline day is in four days time......uneal :angry:

It keeps changing cause we clearly need a decent midfielder and a decent striker. Thats just to get out of this division. If we go up we would need another couple of defenders, a few midfielders and a couple of strikers. With Wilsons expertise in signing decent players to get ones to keep us in Div 1 with him signing them we would have to give him a good £2 million for each player!!!

The massive thing that we lacked saturday was decent thinking. Why on earth he made some of those subs will elude me for days untill wednesday! Fair enough peacock was injured, i would have brought on miller too. But i felt Burnell wasnt playing very well and giving the ball away alot and slowing down attacks, admittedly he looked great battling but that was because we didnt have enough of the ball, hence his partial fault in the first place. Anyway i felt he sould have been sacrificed for goodfellow and tinnion who is more than capable at battling moved back to his regular central position! this season anyway. But bringing on BELL! He hasnt played in a while and... well i am going to bloew up if i dont shush.

I think we need one loan signing, A right midfielder or left. Depending on where he wants to play goodfellow. Thats my simple solutions. PLus give Roberts a go upfront. I know it is late in the season but he shoulda been playing before now. So we need to start playing goodfellow consistantly on the wing with a new winger on the other, preferably Murray if available, I'm dreaming i know! And the chances will come as will the finishes.

What DW discovered after 20 games...so not too slow then, was that, if you don't give the ball away all the time, ala Burnell, you don't have to battle to get it back, because the opposition don't get it in the first place!!!! :angry: .

Burnell was our best player on Saturday.
And what does that tell you?

Can you confirm:

No of forward passes?

Times he got past the ball-None

Times he controlled the ball with his first touch-None

Why he was booked-lost the ball-dived in

Lucky not to get sent off.

Don't confuse effort with ability.

I'm sure you could run around and tackle people-doesn't help if you can't play football, does it?

I thought tackling was quite a good thing to do during a football match.

I couldn't see any ability on the pitch so effort won over for me I'm afraid. I thought he worked very hard and won a lot of ball. The other players could of learnt a lot from his commitment, maybe Roberts can learn how to tackle off Burnell!

I'd be tempted to check your facts too cos I very much doubt you have anything right in your post.

Guest Lympstone1

Lively, Pacy, Goal scoring, Box to box, rRght sided player who can also play up front - we already have one in the club

DARREN HAWKINS - 22 gaoas last season - 9 this I believe.

I'm afraid NailseaRed that Burnell may well have put effort in but he simply cannot turn that effort into quality and he certainly has none required for a midfielder; an inability to pass forward accurately, or to make a quick decision. All he does is to stifle our own moves going forward. He is a liability in midfield.

But I didn't think he was our best player; Miller was in my opinion. Burnell was the biggest runner alright and tackled a lot, but apart from that contributed nothing to the team. He hit the ball out, lost possession and broke our own attacks up.

I have never liked him in midfield and his performance on saturday helped Oldham's cause no end. I would also like to point out his contribution in the home game Vs Grimsby where until he went off City looked hopeless, then thre was a transformation and we actually looked capable of beating them and finally got a late winner.

Burnell is no midfielder and whenever he plays there city's attacking effectiveness is reduced by 50%.

I thought tackling was quite a good thing to do during a football match.

I couldn't see any ability on the pitch so effort won over for me I'm afraid. I thought he worked very hard and won a lot of ball. The other players could of learnt a lot from his commitment, maybe Roberts can learn how to tackle off Burnell!

I'd be tempted to check your facts too cos I very much doubt you have anything right in your post.

I've checked my facts and I can confirm that he was:

Booked, after failing to control the ball and lucky not to get sent off for additional lapses.

Didn't get past the ball once.

Citing Roberts need to improve in no way excuses Burnell because Roberts is #### as well.

Tackling is good and you have to do 100% more when you win the ball and then give it away.Don't be like DW, learn.

Burnell can't shoot, doesn't score and can't pass so, as I said, if he was our best player, what does it say for the rest.

I still think Burnell was our best player.
Congratulations, you've just won the

" Become City Manager"

competition.

Effort, Running, Workrate are all highly commendable qualities, however, as you obviously rate them far higher than ability and skill you can be CITY MANAGER.

This includes exclusive membership to:

The Blind Faith Possee-Chairman DW

The Danny Wilson excuse & cliche club, including such time honoured phrases as:

"She'll be right"

"I didn't get excited when we won 11 on the trot and I'll not, at this present moment in time, get excited now we're losing, cause losings good, providing you play badly and, at the end of the day, that's what it's all about!"

"Yeh, Joe'll be the first name on the teamsheet"

"We need Tony to calm things down and make aerial challenges.....er and for own goals, near own goals and blind panic" He also maked Danny Coles a far worse player"

Butler was another player lucky to stay on the field Saturday

Yeh mate and I still believe in Santa :angry:

Some people believe Burnell should warrant his place on effort. Well that's fine; if you run like a headless chicken you get picked over a player 20 times as talented who can actually create scoring opportunities (Wilkshire for one).

Small wonder City cannot score and win games when you have that mentality demonstrated from the dugout, is it?

Congratulations, you've just won the

" Become City Manager"

competition.

Effort, Running, Workrate are all highly commendable qualities, however, as you obviously rate them far higher than ability and skill you can be CITY MANAGER.

This includes exclusive membership to:

The Blind Faith Possee-Chairman DW

The Danny Wilson excuse & cliche club, including such time honoured phrases as:

"She'll be right"

"I didn't get excited when we won 11 on the trot and I'll not, at this present moment in time, get excited now we're losing, cause losings good, providing you play badly and, at the end of the day, that's what it's all about!"

"Yeh, Joe'll be the first name on the teamsheet"

"We need Tony to calm things down and make aerial challenges.....er and for own goals, near own goals and blind panic" He also maked Danny Coles a far worse player"

Butler was another player lucky to stay on the field Saturday

Yeh mate and I still believe in Santa ;)

Well you're argument isn't going to change my mind. Just saying what I thought. You're lucky I don't post everytime I disagree with you else i'd be posting all day! Tommy runs his balls off and that's make him a God but because Burnell is called Burnell once slagged off always slagged off and when he has a good game he deserves praise, I thought he had a good game on Saturday.

Well you're argument isn't going to change my mind. Just saying what I thought. You're lucky I don't post everytime I disagree with you else i'd be posting all day! Tommy runs his balls off and that's make him a God but because Burnell is called Burnell once slagged off always slagged off and when he has a good game he deserves praise, I thought he had a good game on Saturday.
Well put Nailsea, Joe was probably our only player on Saturday who put any kind of effort in, but like you say his name is Joe Burnell and your not allowed to say anything positive about him, nope, not even when there were 10 other really ###### players out there on Saturday, Joe Burnell must be picked out for special treatment.

I thought Phillips was poor; Peacock awful; Goodfellow pathetic. I call it how I see it. The only good game I've seen Joe have this season was against Southampton. If he did play well I'd say so, but I have to say his presence in the midfield detracts from the team's chance sof winning a match.

Fine if you intend playing for a 0-0 but it isn't a recipe for success.

But given the choice of Tommy or Joe in that midfield spot, who would you pick?

Me, I'd go for the midfielder.

Tommy every single blooming time. However, Joey was my MOTM on Saturday, simply for his effort. He doesn't have the quality but we know every time he plays he puts in 110%

I said to the chap in front of me on Saturday how much we missed Tommy and the answer i got was "You what? Joe Bunell is ten times the player Tommy will ever be" Each to their own ;)

I said to the chap in front of me on Saturday how much we missed Tommy and the answer i got was "You what? Joe Bunell is ten times the player Tommy will ever be" Each to their own  ;)
I'll have whatever he was on then :P

No this is not meant as a dig at JB, but if you're comparing TD & JB sorry there is no competition.

Archived