IGNORED

A reason for why we're so poor upfront

Guest sacktheboard

Guest sacktheboard

All our strikers know that they're not good enough to play in the championship and therefore they have little motivation to get there.

GJ has openly criticised a number of them for their work rate and fitness, and I'm sure that they will be the first casualties of our promotion.

I think we need to seriously consider playing the remainder of the games with our midfielder players up front, and look to offload these work shy, trotters as soon as commercially possible.

Thoughts?

All our strikers know that they're not good enough to play in the championship and therefore they have little motivation to get there.

GJ has openly criticised a number of them for their work rate and fitness, and I'm sure that they will be the first casualties of our promotion.

I think we need to seriously consider playing the remainder of the games with our midfielder players up front, and look to offload these work shy, trotters as soon as commercially possible.

Thoughts?

Please can you 'name and shame' the work shy, trotters, in order that we can make a qualified judgement?

Guest sacktheboard
Please can you 'name and shame' the work shy, trotters, in order that we can make a qualified judgement?

Brooker, Jevons, Andrews etc......Showumni looks like a ###### Greyhound on his last legs when the game moves into the 60th minute

Guest sacktheboard
Whats that smell? Sniff, sniff. Ah i got it now. I smell GAS!

Looking at the nickname doesn't take much working out.

I AIN'T GAS

Why is it alright for the "intelligent" people on this board to voice their opinions, but when us lot want to we get shot down - it's tantamount to bullying :bruce_h4h:

Guest sacktheboard
Name and shame the intelligent ones.

Robbored, BristolBoy, Nevertothedarkside, Nibor etc. - they're treated like ###### royalty.

The rest of us want to voice our opinions - we get shot down in flames :disapointed2se:

Robbored, BristolBoy, Nevertothedarkside, Nibor etc. - they're treated like ###### royalty.

The rest of us want to voice our opinions - we get shot down in flames :disapointed2se:

Who are "We"?

If you have been here over the past few weeks you would have seen that Alan(robbored) has been abused from pillar to post. Very much not treated like royalty.

i'm all for giving opinions, but don't be surprised to be 'shot down' when what you say is utter tosh.

1) Our strikers have no ambition to get to the championship...hmm, let me think about that..RUBBISH

2) Work shy trotters.....if any of our players were consistently not pulling there weight GJ would have them out on loan at Torquay or playing in the reserves.

3) Drop all our strikers in favour of playing our midfielders up front.....speechless...just speechless.

Guest sacktheboard
Who are "We"?

If you have been here over the past few weeks you would have seen that Alan(robbored) has been abused from pillar to post. Very much not treated like royalty.

So, what, you agree with this bullying?

All I'm saying is that there seems to be a class system on this board, where certain members comments and opinions are valued higher than others, and that ain't right.

regular posters will get more respect that new ones. Thats the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid.

Its like walking into a pub you've never been into before, tapping the regular old soaps on the shoulder and telling them how shit thier pub is. Your going to get funny looks!

All I'm saying is that there seems to be a class system on this board, where certain members comments and opinions are valued higher than others, and that ain't right.

What bullying? If you write tosh, expect to receive replies with opinions different to your own. This doesn't constitue bullying.

Why let it bother you? Football is all about opinions. There are some posters on here that talk alot of sense and posts I enjoy reading. Then again there are some which I don't bother reading. If it bothers you don't read it. People will slate peoples opinions on here but who cares? If we all agreed on everything it would be a pretty dull forum. As for your suggestions of putting midfielders in as strikers that is simply ludicrous. Was bad enough when Besty was tried as a striker but to put the likes of Skuse or Johnson as a striker? Ummm I don't think so.

Guest sacktheboard
1) Our strikers have no ambition to get to the championship...hmm, let me think about that..RUBBISH

Why is it rubbish? They have a very settled life in Bristol and in this league. There are many psychological studies that show that individuals never want to move outside of their comfort zone for fear of failling: Fear Of Failure

2) Work shy trotters.....if any of our players were consistently not pulling there weight GJ would have them out on loan at Torquay or playing in the reserves.

Would he? With our current injury situation I don't think he has that option.

3) Drop all our strikers in favour of playing our midfielders up front.....speechless...just speechless.

Funny, maybe you'd be less speechless if we removed the key goals that our midfielders and defenders scored whilst our forwards were not committed to the cause

Guest sacktheboard
:blink:

All I'm trying to say is that the attitude of "that's the way the cookie crumbles" is what's brought this country to its knees in the past 15 years, and what helps perpetrate the class system.

if fairness nevertothedarkside is alright actually

• Admin

I wholeheartedly agree. I often find myself too scared to post :sofa:

if fairness nevertothedarkside is alright actually

Hardly treated like royalty though is he?!

Say what you think and believe nothing you read and you`ll be fine; who cares if you/we get shot down in flames anyway :dunno: I usually get completely ignored which is very hurtfull :sad26: (not really couldnt give a toss)

Guest sacktheboard
It's a hell of a leap from this forum to bringing the country to it's knees and perpetuating the class system.

A bit of an overreaction - like sack the board, or play the midfielders up front, especially as Jevons has scored 17 and Enoch 14.

I have never suggested we Sack The Board - that is just a sign in name I picked.

In the current promotion push almost all our key goals have come, not from our strikers, but from our midfield and defence. You played Keogh or Noble up front, you'd see fireworks

Tbh thoughts like this have crossed my mind occasionally. We know there are some players in the current squad that wont be good enough for the Championship so why would these players who are on very good money that they possibly wouldn't get elsewhere work there asses off for a season to get promotion to only be told at the end of the season that we are letting them go?

I have never suggested we Sack The Board - that is just a sign in name I picked.

In the current promotion push almost all our key goals have come, not from our strikers, but from our midfield and defence. You played Keogh or Noble up front, you'd see fireworks

And with Keogh up front, you'd see the bloke in the corner in row Z getting carried to hospital with a concussion! It's the sign of a good team if players from every position are scoring. How can you argue with 31 goals between two strikers? Theres still 8 games left so between them should hit 50 comfortably.

Guest sacktheboard
Mainly because you've just been smacked in the face by keogh attempting a shot on target.

At least he'd have a shot!

How many times have we seen Jevons or Showumni try and walk the ball over the line? Or Showumni unable to hold the ball up, or get on the end of a goal scoring cross?

I'm telling you, they're not championship players and they know it - I'd wager that the remaining 'key' goals of this season will come from our "championship ready" players, spread across the midfield and defense.

I don't know why they can't take a leaf out of Orr's book: At least he knows he's on his way out if we go up, but he'll have a cracking time playing the last few games in this division. :thumbsup:

I wholeheartedly agree. I often find myself too scared to post :sofa:

Hardly treated like royalty though is he?!

And why not? All hail King Nevertothedarkside I :worship2:

As official poet laureate to this message board, I hereby offer you my "Ode to King Nevertothedarkside I"

Old King Nevertothedarkside I

was a merry old soul

who though that local media coverage was biased.

He wrote to Radio Bristol

which he called Radio Bristol

and complained about Twentpence's bias

He also wrote e-mails to Sky TV

Asking why they showed Man United instead of City

and why they were so incredibly biased

Guest Muddy Funster
I'm telling you, they're not championship players and they know it - I'd wager that the remaining 'key' goals of this season will come from our "championship ready" players, spread across the midfield and defense.

What?!?!

You are clearly from another planet! You must be that bloke that spends the whole game slagging off players and team. Who in your book are our Championship players who will be scoring all our goals (with only a few tap ins and flukes from our strikers of course)?

Guest scumbag
At least he'd have a shot!

How many times have we seen Jevons or Showumni try and walk the ball over the line? Or Showumni unable to hold the ball up, or get on the end of a goal scoring cross?

I don't know why they can't take a leaf out of Orr's book: At least he knows he's on his way out if we go up, but he'll have a cracking time playing the last few games in this division. :thumbsup:

Orr will be here next season without a doubt

as for Jevons and Enoch...........I've seen them score lots of goals this season and a few stunners!

personally I think your just an muppet

Guest sacktheboard
personally I think your just an muppet

WOW, steady on, isn't that a bit harsh on Kermit and the others??

Just proved my case about the class system and bullying on this board

It's alright for people to have an opinion, just as long as it goes along with what the 'leaders' say. It's just pathetic.

Guest Muddy Funster

We don't bully on here! Thats an appalling comment to make about such an upstanding bunch of people!

Now give me your dinner money or i will give you a thump. :angry:

Guest sacktheboard
You are clearly from another planet! You must be that bloke that spends the whole game slagging off players and team. Who in your book are our Championship players who will be scoring all our goals (with only a few tap ins and flukes from our strikers of course)?

First, I don't slag the team off - I think we've done extremely well to get to where we are, and that is as a direct result of our manager and the players. I hold an accurate mirror up to the situation, and just because it doesn't go along with what you lot are saying that doesn't necessarily equate to me being from another planet. I've had this all my life, just because I've chosen to always tell the truth and called things by their correct name.

Secondly, it isn't just me that thinks that our current strike force doesn't cut the mustard in this league, let alone the Championship:

Example 1: Mossey, March 15, 2007

and as for bloody Jevons, just don't get me started! bloke is a total waste of space , can't beat anyone, half hearted, could go on and on.

Example 2: Portishead Red, Yesterday 4:32

Jevons and Enoch struggle to do it at this level, what are they going to be like against higher opposition WEEK IN WEEK OUT???

None of these posters got the level of abuse I got, yet they put forward a very similar opinion.

You guys are like the ###### thought police - squash anyones point of view if it doesn't go along with yours. :disapointed2se:

Guest HambrookRed
First, I don't slag the team off - I think we've done extremely well to get to where we are, and that is as a direct result of our manager and the players. I hold an accurate mirror up to the situation, and just because it doesn't go along with what you lot are saying that doesn't necessarily equate to me being from another planet. I've had this all my life, just because I've chosen to always tell the truth and called things by their correct name.

Secondly, it isn't just me that thinks that our current strike force doesn't cut the mustard in this league, let alone the Championship:

Example 1: Mossey, March 15, 2007

Example 2: Portishead Red, Yesterday 4:32

None of these posters got the level of abuse I got, yet they put forward a very similar opinion.

You guys are like the ###### thought police - squash anyones point of view if it doesn't go along with yours. :disapointed2se:

I'm sorry mate, but you do sound like your taking this to heart wayyy to much.

Certain people on here are respected for their input, not as leaders.

Just proved my case about the class system and bullying on this board

It's alright for people to have an opinion, just as long as it goes along with what the 'leaders' say. It's just pathetic.

Complete load of paranoid tosh. I've seen NTTDS, Robbored and BB get a whole load of personal abuse. They don't get treated any differently, but a fair whack of people respect their opinions because at least there's a bit of thought behind them.

It's not bullying - it's just people thinking what you've posted is a load of rubbish.

Don't take it so personally.

Namby.

Think before you say something stupid!

you mention "intelligent" people but do you selves no favours.

are you suggesting that none of the 31 goals Jevo and Enoch have scored between them have been key or important?!

i can think of many important goals this season from our forwards........enoch's on sat being the latest

Do you not see the positive side of us being able to score goals from midfield! I for one do...... rather than relying on just the forwards scoring

I'm sorry to say i am baffeled by you opinions

Guest HambrookRed
THis gets better and better :clapping:

I bet you used to be that kid in the playground shouting "fight fight fight".

:disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Guest sacktheboard
Think before you say something stupid!

you mention "intelligent" people but do you selves no favours.

are you suggesting that none of the 31 goals Jevo and Enoch have scored between them have been key or important?!

i can think of many important goals this season from our forwards........enoch's on sat being the latest

Do you not see the positive side of us being able to score goals from midfield! I for one do...... rather than relying on just the forwards scoring

I'm sorry to say i am baffeled by you opinions

OK, you are quite right, all is far too of a strong claim. However there has been numerous examples whereby LJ / Carey / Skuse / McCoombe have dug out a key goal just when we need it, and our strikers have failed to do their job.

Hence, all I'm trying to say is that there are players in the team who obviously want promotion more than others, and I'm providing the reason behind this.

Robbored is certainly treated like royalty. French royalty. Or rather French royalty when Robespierre and co were at their prime, to be precise. How you can accuse him of getting an easy life on here beggar's belief! If anyone's been bullied on this forum this year it is RR.

People build up reputations, positive or negative, based on the quality of their input and argument. If this post is typical of your current form, I'd say in a league table of posters you'll be struggling against relegation into the Screwfix League if you don't up your game. That's not bullying. It's my opinion of the quality of argument contained in what you've written. It's utter tosh - and it deserves to be shot down in flames.

Only three teams in the division have scored more goals than us. Of those 53 goals scored in the league, 35 have come from front men and attacking wingers like Murray. That despite the fact that injuries have meant that we have been chopping and changing our strike force all season.

To suggest that the players up front lack motivation because they know they're not good enough for the Championship is absolutely ludicrous. They are professional footballers driven to try to do well to enhance their careers. I've not seen a lack of motivation or match fitness. A lack of form sometimes, and a lower level of performance due to injury on occasion. But I wouldn't accuse any of our players this season of lacking effort. It's been one of the refreshing things to see under GJ.

Jevons has scored 17 goals in 37 starts

Showunmi 14 in 31 (not all as a striker)

Both are not far off the golden 'one goal every two games' stat.

Robbored is certainly treated like royalty. French royalty. Or rather French royalty when Robespierre and co were at their prime, to be precise. How you can accuse him of getting an easy life on here beggar's belief! If anyone's been bullied on this forum this year it is RR.

People build up reputations, positive or negative, based on the quality of their input and argument. If this post is typical of your current form, I'd say in a league table of posters you'll be struggling against relegation into the Screwfix League if you don't up your game. That's not bullying. It's my opinion of the quality of argument contained in what you've written. It's utter tosh - and it deserves to be shot down in flames.

Only three teams in the division have scored more goals than us. Of those 53 goals scored in the league, 35 have come from front men and attacking wingers like Murray. That despite the fact that injuries have meant that we have been chopping and changing our strike force all season.

To suggest that the players up front lack motivation because they know they're not good enough for the Championship is absolutely ludicrous. They are professional footballers driven to try to do well to enhance their careers. I've not seen a lack of motivation or match fitness. A lack of form sometimes, and a lower level of performance due to injury on occasion. But I wouldn't accuse any of our players this season of lacking effort. It's been one of the refreshing things to see under GJ.

Tch, a sensible, reasoned post.

You BULLY!

Guest sacktheboard
Tch, a sensible, reasoned post.

You BULLY!

Ok, ok, I concede - others peoples points of view are far more important than mine, and what I said was pointless and a waste of time for the people who actually read it.

....I now give the board back to the far more sensible people, with their well thought out and well researched opinions.

Guest Muddy Funster
Ok, ok, I concede - others peoples points of view are far more important than mine, and what I said was pointless and a waste of time for the people who actually read it.

....I now give the board back to the far more sensible people, with their well thought out and well researched opinions.

Brawn over brains again!!!

But seriously, Plenty of good points, and responses, have been made on other threads on the same subject.

Guest sacktheboard
Brawn over brains again!!!

But seriously, Plenty of good points, and responses, have been made on other threads on the same subject.

Bullied into submission.

They may have won the battle, but they haven't won the war.

If you want to take part in debate on a public forum, you've got to be ready to take the criticism from people who disagree rather than throw your dolly out of the pram. What you have suffered is nothing compared to what others like Robbored have endured on here.

Hard as it is to believe, even I get criticised sometimes, despite the fact that I am always right.

Guest ashtonyate

A lot of jevons goals are from pens as for Showumni the chances he has had he should be on 20+ the gravity of the situation is a one goal defeat against Forest Yeovil & Swansea and we will in the play offs

All these games are at home if we had a good strike force home wins with what we got who knows.

I just don't know how some fans can be so complacent because the way we have played at home this season gives me no confidence at all

Guest Muddy Funster

Its all ifs and buts.. we could lose to both teams, and still get automatic promotion.

How people can be so negative all the time amazes me. Whats the point in going to football and supporting a team if you always think the team are going to be so poor and lose?

Unless your a sag of course...

Guest sacktheboard
A lot of jevons goals are from pens as for Showumni the chances he has had he should be on 20+ the gravity of the situation is a one goal defeat against Forest Yeovil & Swansea and we will in the play offs

All these games are at home if we had a good strike force home wins with what we got who knows.

I just don't know how some fans can be so complacent because the way we have played at home this season gives me no confidence at all

I'd keep you mouth shut mate - else you'll have the pack hunting you down....

Guest sacktheboard
Its all ifs and buts.. we could lose to both teams, and still get automatic promotion.

How people can be so negative all the time amazes me. Whats the point in going to football and supporting a team if you always think the team are going to be so poor and lose?

Unless your a sag of course...

I told you! - they're unbelievable, as soon as you step out of line they're on you like a pack of Wolves.

YateRed posts a sensible opinion, well structure and thought out and he's bullied and called a gashead.

Pathetic. :disapointed2se:

Guest Muddy Funster
YateRed posts a sensible opinion, well structure and thought out and he's bullied and called a gashead.

I didnt call him a gashead, I could never insult someone that much, Its to below the belt. :rolleyes:

My point was, if you are going to go to a game expecting the worse all the time, your either a muppet (no offense Kermit etc) or a sag.

I'm no bully :bruce_h4h:

I told you! - they're unbelievable, as soon as you step out of line they're on you like a pack of Wolves.

Good God, have you ever disagreed with someone before?? its called debate. If more people don't believe in what your saying of course they'll post that they disagree?? what is wrong with that??

so what your saying is that if we don't agree with you we should stay quiet?? - i think not.

As for saying thats bullying?? what are you on?? no wonder this country is going to the dogs with that attitude! Now calling you a cock, now that would be bullying. (supersquirrel would like to point out that at no time has he called anyone a cock, it was just an example).

I personally feel there is a system on this board whereby comments that are unjustified, insolent, and in some cases stupid get ridiculed by the board. Your few posts on this thread sum this up beautifully.

I personally feel there is a system on this board whereby comments that are unjustified, insolent, and in some cases stupid get ridiculed by the board. Your few posts on this thread sum this up beautifully.

Ah. Perhaps he's confusing bullying with self-regulation?

Exactly, excellent summing up. If you post, expect people to disagree with you, thats what happens in 99.9% of every thread! - some agree, others don't. Thats what good healthy debate is all about. What a boring world we live in if everyone agreed with everyone else.

Are we all now bullies? And have got detention?

Certainly have, we don't have the luxury of Sacktheboard's input any more. :(

Guest sacktheboard
Certainly have, we don't have the luxury of Sacktheboard's input any more. :(

Here's my input: I bet this weekend the 'key' goal in the match won't be scored by our "championship fearing" strikers.

If I'm right, you lot will rue the day you disrespected my opinion.

I'm telling you, read my opinions, you might learn something

Here's my input: I bet this weekend the 'key' goal in the match won't be scored by our "championship fearing" strikers.

So who will score the "key" goal then?

Who should I put my money on to score the first goal then Nostradamus?

Good for you. Playing Noble & Johnson up front is sure to sort this out.

And if you're wrong, you'll be here eating humble pie? No, didnt think so.

I think maybe YOU should listen to other people's opinions, YOU might learn something.

Guest sacktheboard
And if you're wrong, you'll be here eating humble pie? No, didnt think so.

I think maybe YOU should listen to other people's opinions, YOU might learn something.

Oh dear :disapointed2se:

Archived